Wallbanger's "Tons of Fun"(Final Round Underway)

24 cars x 2 tracks = 48 x 10 laps = 480 laps x 3 minutes = 1440 mn = 24 hours without the time to change of car and track = minimum 24 H x 2 = 48H behind the wheel.

48 HOURS , i can do this in 2 months , december and january, too much job now, hollydays, my kids, less GT5 ....................... No way for me.

Need to find a method to do this test. First need some test drivers, this is the first thing.
:):)👍 ><((((°> °°°°°°

Oi, oi, oi fishy, remember, you only need to test one group of the entries, not all the cars. :lol:

Good morning.
What about the test drivers ? Don't see any on the list ....??? I would like to be one of them but this end of the year the things turn crazy in fish business. I'll not have the time for this.
How can we resolve this .?? It's a lot of cars to test.
Test Driver Sign-ups will start in about 9 hours when the Tuner Sign-up period ends.

I am doing this because test drivers do not have to sign up to test all the entries, but can instead sign-up to only test one or two of the groups. When people sign up as test drivers they should indicate what group/s they will be testing so that madmyk can include them on the appropriate score sheet.

Since a Test Driver need only test and post results for 6 cars to have their results count I'm hoping that more people will not only want to participate but will actually complete testing.

I'll start posting the tuner groups shortly so people will know who is in what group. When the Tuner sign-up period closes the tuners can begin posting their tunes. When the tunes for a group are all posted the Test Drivers who volunteered to test that group may start testing.

Tuners please insure that not only is your entry on share but that it is fully broken in with a fresh oil change and equiped with the right tires (Sports Softs). Also tuners need to post their pictures for the style/photo category at the same time as they post their tune and make sure that DigitalBaka is made aware of the photo so he can place it in the appropriate group poll he'll be setting up.

Oh... so I could submit my tune, but also be a driver to test a different group of six cars? I could probably test drive for one group - that looks like a 6 to 7 hour commitment, right?

Oh... so I could submit my tune, but also be a driver to test a different group of six cars? I could probably test drive for one group - that looks like a 6 to 7 hour commitment, right?
You can Test Drive for as many or few groups as you like.
There is no restrictions on which group you test for, but recommend that if tuners are not testing all 4 groups that they not test the group they are in.

Also I've just given the group breakdown on tuners so you can check out who your first round competition will be.:D

If we get another tuner sign-up then Group D will have 6 entries as well if not then it will only have the 5 listed.:boggled:

Want to thank all the Tuners that have signed up for helping to ensure that this will truly be "Tons of Fun" and a real Blowout as our largest event yet!:cheers::gtpflag:

I have a rare car "Nissan Tuned car (GT Academy Version) '08 , that i want to give as Prize car for the contest. I don't know how difficult is to have this car, it was a present ,now i have 2, and i never see it naywhere to win or buy....

So this will be the praiano's tunes garage participation for this contest. That's it.

azur25.jpg
azur26.jpg
azur27.jpg

Interesting discussions this past weekend. A lot of Veyron backlash. I asked Desperado a few times if it would be allowed, as it is a bit faster than any other car. If you want to maximize your time attack potential points, you need a Veyron. Since there are two courses, the 12 points possible is very attractive.

Winning time attack does not guarantee advancement to the finals though. Having a strong competitor in all 5 categories will probably prove to be more successful. There are a number of strategies that could work out here. It will definitely be interesting to see the balancing acts people come up with.

Try not to hate on the Veyron too much though. Running one is just a strategy that will have its pluses and minuses like any other strategy. But if one can be made to drive well, and if a good picture is shown, it should be judged fairly.

Interesting discussions this past weekend. A lot of Veyron backlash. I asked Desperado a few times if it would be allowed, as it is a bit faster than any other car. If you want to maximize your time attack potential points, you need a Veyron. Since there are two courses, the 12 points possible is very attractive.

Winning time attack does not guarantee advancement to the finals though. Having a strong competitor in all 5 categories will probably prove to be more successful. There are a number of strategies that could work out here. It will definitely be interesting to see the balancing acts people come up with.

Try not to hate on the Veyron too much though. Running one is just a strategy that will have its pluses and minuses like any other strategy. But if one can be made to drive well, and if a good picture is shown, it should be judged fairly.
I'll admit I haven't tested a Veyron yet, but considering my times with another car I'd be surprised if it was faster.

Best times for ole Harvey Wallbanger here were a very low 0:53.xxx at London and a mid 1:37.xxx at Monza done by the same car. Just a hint for the curious it's a premium and wasn't fully broken in when I laid down those laps so it has more in it. Oh and with the full 200kg of ballast it weighs in at around 1750kg.:sly:

Of course since mom picked the car I'll be entering you'll be seeing something a bit slower from me.:lol: On the plus side my entry does break the 2 ton mark.:D

I am being a purist to the car category on this one, "Grand Touring." I don't think certain cars should be allowed in this competition; Nascars, Citroen Concept, Race Cars and yes the Veron. X- I don't think you're being pure to your opening post that describes this competition...

"A grand tourer (Italian: gran turismo) (GT) is a high-performance luxury automobile designed for long-distance driving. The most common format is a two-door coupé with either a two-seat or a 2+2 arrangement."

This great objective was set, then the only measure for choosing a car for the competition was weight. I think you should have presented a list of approved Grand Touring cars, but that's just my opinion.

For me, if I were judging, I would think that more credit go to those who actually chose a Grand Tourer. Going for pure speed in this one is just a cop out. Agian, just my opinion.

Now that my car is accidently fast, I refuse to be beaten by a Veyron. I'll definitely beat it in the looks department though ;)

Given I am not a very good driver, I am hoping that a really good tester will be able to get 0:51 at London and 1:36 at Monza, could be hoping for a bit much though.

Motor City Hami
I am being a purist to the car category on this one, "Grand Touring." I don't think certain cars should be allowed in this competition; Nascars, Citroen Concept, Race Cars and yes the Veron. X- I don't think you're being pure to your opening post that describes this competition...

"A grand tourer (Italian: gran turismo) (GT) is a high-performance luxury automobile designed for long-distance driving. The most common format is a two-door coupé with either a two-seat or a 2+2 arrangement."

This great objective was set, then the only measure for choosing a car for the competition was weight. I think you should have presented a list of approved Grand Touring cars, but that's just my opinion.

For me, if I were judging, I would think that more credit go to those who actually chose a Grand Tourer. Going for pure speed in this one is just a cop out. Agian, just my opinion.

It's too late to say what cars can and can't be used. It should of been decided before anyone started testing. I told you guys my strategy already I am going for speed, low weight, photo win an hopefully some points for drivers choice since I won everything else lol. But like others said there is many different star goes to this. You don't have to win the race to win it all. You can be heavy and win that and have it drive well for the weight to get drives choice etc.

Okay, lets try this again (sorry Onboy) :dopey:

london4a.jpg

kyotoshoreninb.jpg

Found New Car Dealer

868bhp
610pp
662 ft. lb. @6400 RPM of torque
weight 1880 Kg
P/W Ratio of 2.13Kg/HP

parts

Auto
Oil Change

weight Reduction
Stock/None
Engine
Stage 3
ECU
Intake
Manifold
Racing Filter
Exhaust
Racing
Manifold
Catalytic
Turbo
High RPM
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
Twin Plate
Semi-Racing
Driveshaft
Center Diff
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Sport Soft (S3)

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

Weight Adjustment - 200kg @ 40
Torque Split: 25/75
LSD- Front: 15/18/9
---- Rear: 18/22/10

GearingIn this order please
Top Speed - 137
Final - 2.500
1st - 4.497
2nd - 2.965
3rd - 2.291
4th - 1.811
5th - 1.480
6th - 1.250

Ride Hight - Front: -20 Rear: -16
Spring Rate- Front: 16.0 Rear: 11.8
Extention- Front: 7 Rear: 7
Compression- Front: 3 Rear: 4
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 5 Rear: 5
Camber- Front: 3.5 Rear: 2.2
Toe Angle- Front: -0.10 Rear: 0.10
Brakes- Front: 7 Rear: 4

This will be my Photo Entry:
londonv.jpg

I hope this one works this time :scared:

Last edited:

I get your point. Perhaps it should be Grand Touring cars only, but I like the weight only rule too. It makes for a very open ended competition. Can a GT road car beat a NASCAR or a new Schulze GT-R?

I think it is the score for the weight that makes this fun. As CSLACR noted, more weight clearly means slower lap times. How we balance this will make it interesting. Can you add some ballast to get up a point or two on weight, but not give up position on the time attack?

The other key to this structure is the group round. It might not be that hard to beat a Veyron or race car on points with only six in the group.

Overall, this is a very well set up competition. 5 categories to compete in, with weight being a critical factor, it is going to be fun! I'd be willing to bet the winners of the group round are going to be heavy.

Think I may get my tune up and out of the way soon, although my car is proving very difficult to take normal photos of. Every shot looks like I put way too much effort in, which is apprently the opposite of the criteria we are judged on...

Okay folks the sign-up period for tuners is closed.

I have posted the list of Tuner groups and am sending a copy to madmyk so he can set up our score sheets.

Anyone wanting to participate as Test Drivers please start posting now with the group/s that you will test.👍👍

Also it's now time for the Tuners to go ahead and post their tunes. You can post them either here or in your individual garages with links here. Multiple pictures are great, but please make sure DigitalBaka knows which one is to be used for the style/photo contest.:cheers:

@Motor City Hami sorry if I confused things a bit with the initial post and the excerpts from wikipedia's listing on the term Gran Turismo. If you look it up yourself you'll see that ever since the term came into use there has been confusion about what cars it actually includes. The huge number of cars that various manufactures have produced over the years with some form of Grand Touring or GT in their name doesn't help clarify things nor does the great variety of racing series that have all been run as some form of GT series or that have included GT classes. As with any competition I'm sure there will be people who focus on one aspect of the contest over others. Since the points are equally distributed amongst the 5 scoring categories with only a one point difference between 1st and 2nd just having the fastest car whatever it may be is no guarantee that it will win or even advance to the final round.

Last edited:
Don't forget to link Shmogt's tune... :)
He's not finalized it yet. I'll be setting it up for him in the morning and once that's done he can make his final adjustments. Then I'll link the finalized tune.:D

This will be my car for the contest. For me the most beautiful granturismo car in the game . Will not be the fastest but very good to drive any track, even with his full weight. Car on share.

nrburgringnordschleife4c.jpg

maseratiheavy.jpg

This picture is my photo entry.

nrburgringnordschleife4e.jpg

Enjoy your drive, the car is on share.

Back