Wallbanger's "Tons of Fun"(Final Round Underway)

madmyk
Since you are sharing a lot already, can you give us a hint at what lap times we are going up against? What do you think it will take to win fastest time?

Lol now that I'll keep a secret.

Since you are sharing a lot already, can you give us a hint at what lap times we are going up against? What do you think it will take to win fastest time?

43"200 // 1' 43"500 :ouch::ouch::ouch:

EDIT: Perhaps it's just false entry...... ><((((°>°°°°°°°°

43"200 // 1' 43"500 :ouch::ouch::ouch:

EDIT: Perhaps it's just false entry...... ><((((°>°°°°°°°°
I'm hoping that first number is wrong by about 10 seconds at least!:lol:
I've tested several that I can do a 1:43 or better with at Monza, but haven't been able to get under 0:53.xxx with a car yet in London.

I've tested several that I can do a 1:43 or better with at Monza, but haven't been able to get under 0:53.xxx with a car yet in London.

Had a Veyron at 51 (london) and 1:38 (monza). :)

raVer

Exact my friend, now we know the secrets times of cars that are not competing for time..... hahahaha:sly::ouch:
Yes of course 53" .., but with a lot of style, and no poddle.

><((((°>°°°°°°°

Lol my times may or may beat the times you people said who knows. The weight that I did was also a little less than allowed since I don't have a fresh on to test on, but how much weight I choose to add to the car for the final will decide how fast it really goes. Will I go low and try to win by a mile or raise it a lot and try to be computable with your times and still get some points for weight. Just have to wait and see lol

Also the v8 idk if anyone is doing this car, but it's insane. Large tracks the car destroys, but tiny little London the tires smoke like crazy. Everything I tried is so hard to get to compete well at both.

Edit. Also tried the murcielargo with just my standard tune from my garage and it got crazy fast times as well only easy as pie to drive.

Last edited:
Think I've finished up my...uh...Cherry Bomb we'll call it. :D Took Cy's advice and banged my head trying to tune it on SH tires before switching to SS. Feels about the same but seems a little quicker. Maybe that's just perception though. I'm running high 54s and mid 1'40s though it's a bit bland in the looks department. Working up my sexy entry which seems like it will be considerably slower. We'll see.

Finished my tune, took my photos. I am very proud of this as my first ever competition tune.

Just gotta write it up and wait for the dates. :)

Picked my car, but haven't driven it yet.
Just to sexy to ignore, IMO.

Only hint is that she's powered by 8 cylinders, without boost. (though I may add some boost)

Found my car, and it's not my usual kind of car to tune :(, but fast (53.xxx @ London and 1:42.xxx @ Monza.....maybe :D ). Not really a looker to me, but some may like it. Drive nice as well.

For those that are wondering I did try, and try,...and try to get a 300c to work, but it was just a tad bit rough to drive (go figure) :dopey:

Just a quick question to those entering FR cars, do you guys have mental wheelspin in 1st gear driving on London?

Think I've finished up my...uh...Cherry Bomb we'll call it. :D Took Cy's advice and banged my head trying to tune it on SH tires before switching to SS. Feels about the same but seems a little quicker. Maybe that's just perception though. I'm running high 54s and mid 1'40s though it's a bit bland in the looks department. Working up my sexy entry which seems like it will be considerably slower. We'll see.

I've used the principle on a couple of cars now, for one the effects weren't as marked, but for this beast, the difference is worth 2-3 secs at London and 3-4 at Monza. That and the car becomes hugely sure-footed, whereas it skates a fair bit on SH, still driveable, but you'll be curling your toes more often than not..!!

Just a quick question to those entering FR cars, do you guys have mental wheelspin in 1st gear driving on London?

Not really. I can provoke wheel spin all the way up to 4th gear. I've had to work hard on the rear wheel alignment to keep it all in check, but it's now at the point that you can sort yourself out by applying power, rather than using the steering to correct oversteer. Not sure it'll be all that good with tyre wear turned on :guilty:

I'm facing a redesign of my car right now, I though I'd have a look at see if anybody had published a build for my car. Turns out one or two have and one of them has my colour scheme :ouch: So I either go with it and be damned, or I turn my Grand Tourer into a GT Beast... :mischievous:

{Cy}

Onboy123

Since my vague attempt at tuning something sensible has barely 500bhp, nope! Seriously, I'm likely to give up, or just throw my 700bhp M5 with no downforce at you all...or possibly just something like an ACR, since it's obvious everyone is just going for childish levels of power :irked:

Since my vague attempt at tuning something sensible has barely 500bhp, nope! Seriously, I'm likely to give up, or just throw my 700bhp M5 with no downforce at you all...or possibly just something like an ACR, since it's obvious everyone is just going for childish levels of power :irked:

Oi! 626hp isn't really that childish! In my mind. That is.

Onboy123
Oi! 626hp isn't really that childish! In my mind. That is.

Not you...all I keep seeing is "ZOMG Veyron/Viper/other 800+bhp supercar" and no "oh look, a nice looking normal car." I'm in two minds whether to continue, since I really don't want to give up on this car...

Not you...all I keep seeing is "ZOMG Veyron/Viper/other 800+bhp supercar" and no "oh look, a nice looking normal car." I'm in two minds whether to continue, since I really don't want to give up on this car...

Then they are all newbs. :lol: and just keep at it, don't give up on something you've worked hard at giving birth to. But if you do throw in the towel for that 500hp car, why not use a Rice35 with berserk power and hand my the 500hp tune? :D

Some of us have kept within the Grand Tourer description. Whilst I'm pushing a few more ponies than you, I'm going to get whipped at both tracks. Which I don't really care about. I want my car to be enjoyed by all and to be accessible to all. I know I'm riding the pre-launch crest of enthusiasm, but I think I've put together something that lesser skilled drivers will be able to drive quickly and very skilled drivers will be able to drive very quickly.

As is my way, I haven't picked the pretty Sister, I've picked the slight more gifted Sister. I expect to see the pretty Sister on the track and I'm hoping her nose is going to get put out of joint.

Stick at it girl, you wobbled before the Roadster Event and did alright there...

{Cy}

I know I have the prettiest car, and I feel for a near 1900kg car it does handle well. I expect the only complaints may be the percieved lack of power after all these stupidly overpowered cars, and it's inability to step out the rear unless you drive it rough. It is perfectly driveable and feels quick enough, and sounds pretty good too..still,not telling what it is though!

I know I have the prettiest car, and I feel for a near 1900kg car it does handle well. I expect the only complaints may be the percieved lack of power after all these stupidly overpowered cars, and it's inability to step out the rear unless you drive it rough. It is perfectly driveable and feels quick enough, and sounds pretty good too..still,not telling what it is though!

Hmm……am I wrong if I guess…Ferrari California?

yes ungodly at times in the last section and coming out of the first corner but my 1800+kg car is fun none the less....

The dreadful thing? Sounds terrible, looks terrible, and understeers worse than the Veyron...so nope

Oi, don't diss it. I actually like it, thank you very much. :P Hmm…ok, final guess…ermmm…I would have thought it was a Vanquish, but I'm not too sure now……a Jaguar XFR/XKR perhaps? Ah whatever, I can't come up with anything. I'll just wait and see…

Onboy123
Oi, don't diss it. I actually like it, thank you very much. :P Hmm&#133;ok, final guess&#133;ermmm&#133;I would have thought it was a Vanquish, but I'm not too sure now&#133;&#133;a Jaguar XFR/XKR perhaps? Ah whatever, I can't come up with anything. I'll just wait and see&#133;

Hint hint...it is not this
kEKrU.jpg

Onboy123

Yes omg my v8 vantage was impossible not to drift that entire course. Raise the LSD for brakes really high and stretch 1,2 gears in the transmission. What I did was make it a really wide gap between the first 3 gears than tightens up for the last 3. Worked amazing.

Picked my car, but haven't driven it yet.
Just to sexy to ignore, IMO.

Only hint is that she's powered by 8 cylinders, without boost. (though I may add some boost)
But is 700HP enough?

So now I also have a 800ish HP car in mind.

Tell you what, this weight thing defies itself. Heavy car = slower laps, period. But you get bonus points for weight, but in what relation IDK.
Meaning I've no clue what "10 points" will do for overall shootout scores. If it's an equal scale, so each different aspect delivers the same points for the same finishing order, then we all might as well go minimum or damn close to it on weight.

If weight gets extra points compared to other sections (like lap times) only then does gaining points for weight possibly have an advantage.:crazy:

Also, TBH, it looks like 4WD will yet again walk away with the lap times, so yeah, that too. :irked:

But is 700HP enough?

So now I also have a 800ish HP car in mind.

Tell you what, this weight thing defies itself. Heavy car = slower laps, period. But you get bonus points for weight, but in what relation IDK.
Meaning I've no clue what "10 points" will do for overall shootout scores. If it's an equal scale, so each different aspect delivers the same points for the same finishing order, then we all might as well go minimum or damn close to it on weight.

If weight gets extra points compared to other sections (like lap times) only then does gaining points for weight possibly have an advantage.:crazy:

Also, TBH, it looks like 4WD will yet again walk away with the lap times, so yeah, that too. :irked:
All 5 categories get the same number of points based on order. However there are a couple things to keep in mind.

1: Any tie gets the lowest place value so if you have a group of 6 cars and 3 of them are at minimum weight allowed while the other three have a higher weight then the 3 with minimum weight would all get 1 point which is what the 6th position gets while the other 3 get 6, 5 and 4 points each.

2: If after totalling the points from all categories there is a tie then the car with the higher weight gets a 1 point bonus giving it the higher overall placement.

Also not that it means anything, but my fastest laps on both tracks have been made by a car that is well above the minimum weight beating out a couple that were right at or very close to minimum weight. Could it be faster if I made it lighter? Most likely yes but it handles very good and is extremely fast. Oh and it's not a 4wd, although it does have rediculous amounts of power.:D

Just wanted to welcome GPdesign to the ranks of tuners here in the tuning forum and to Wallbanger's "Tons of Fun" Gran Turismo Year End Blowout.:cheers: Best of luck GPdesign with both the new garage and the competition!👍👍

That gives us 22 tuners with space for 2 more before I close entry, so if anyone has been waffling on weather to join as a tuner or not, now is the time to speak up before someone else beats you to it.:D

In any event there is only about 26 hours to go before I close Tuner entry and start the Test Driver Sign-up and Tuner Post period.:gtpflag:

Back