Wallbanger's "Tons of Fun"(Final Round Underway)

Well, then I'm screwed since PD modeled my car with a really dopey and slightly downturned front. :grumpy:
Let me tell you a little story Onboy.:D

Back in the early '90s when I married my now ex wife her parents offered to help us get a car. She wanted a GEO Metro saying how great they were on gas and besides they were just so "cute". I refused and found us a practical if unspectacular used Nissan Sentra which her parents paid for as our wedding present. I went to Korea for a year knowing that her and our soon to be born daughter would have safe reliable transportation. Unfortunately before I returned to the U.S. the babysitter was involved in an accident that totaled the Sentra and my ex used the insurance money to buy a new 4dr Metro. In '94 the U.S. army sent us to Germany and I was still driving that bloody Metro. Three years on the autobahn with a Metro was to much. So in the last few months before returning to the U.S. we started to look at buying a new car. I'd had the good fortune to drive a '96 Volvo wagon with the 5 cylinder performance package around southwestern Germany, Austria and northern Italy on a few occasions and fell in love with both its looks and performance. The ex heard the word Volvo and refused to even look at it let alone test drive it as Volvos were ugly boxes old people drove. We settled on a '97 Dodge Neon Sport which was a very good car for us and provided a nice blend of looks and performance with practicality.

The point to my little story is that you can't count on other peoples taste in cars looks. Your likely to find people that love the looks of a car you find ugly or at least unatractive. When you take your picture look for the best angle to show the things you like best about the car. So if your not happy with the way the nose looks try a 3/4 side view from the rear of the car showing its lines without the nose playing a roll in your photo. If you have issues with the rear of the car take your picture from the front corner. Perhaps your not thrilled with its looks below the belt line raise the camera angle. You can also use a highly recognisable feature of the car as the centerpeice of your photo, say a more frontal view to highlight the distinctive Alfa Romeo nose of recent years.

The point is to highlight what you feel are the best features of a car and what you feel gives it style or character with the camera. Choice of paintjobs and your photo location can either enhance that image or detract from it.

Good advice desperado. They is lots of filters and exposures to play with as well to drastically change the looks. Just look at the last photo contest the old vette won with my car in second. Both standard and look awful compared to premiums. You may have to try a little harder to get the best shot, but that's just makes you think more and be more creative which is never a bad thing.

Good advice desperado. They is lots of filters and exposures to play with as well to drastically change the looks. Just look at the last photo contest the old vette won with my car in second. Both standard and look awful compared to premiums. You may have to try a little harder to get the best shot, but that's just makes you think more and be more creative which is never a bad thing.
People just need to be careful and not overdo it.
My photo in the last contest was overly creative. Yours was more on the artistic side than really giving a great look at the car. -raVer-'s Corvette is a good example of using the available tools to help showcase the car. Indy RacerFan's Z4 picture is a good example of using camera angle to help showcase the car as well.

People just need to be careful and not overdo it.
My photo in the last contest was overly creative. Yours was more on the artistic side than really giving a great look at the car. -raVer-'s Corvette is a good example of using the available tools to help showcase the car. Indy RacerFan's Z4 picture is a good example of using camera angle to help showcase the car as well.

Pictures must be only at london and monza ? or anywhere else. I don't see this in the rules.

6438375777_c5f55020e6_b.jpg

Car: Bugatti Veyron 16.4 2009
Drivetrain: 4WD
Horsepower: 1256HP/6600rpm
Torque: 1067 ft-lb/4600rpm
Weight: 1700 kg
Miles: 56.0
Performance Points: 694

PARTS:
All parts, except weight reduction 3 or chassis reinforcement, sports soft tires

SETUP:

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0/0
Weight Balance: 162/-50

Transmission
1st: 4.181
2nd: 3.024
3rd: 2.319
4th: 1.838
5th: 1.511
6th: 1.246
7th: 1.045
Final: 2.328
Top Speed: 236

Limited Slip Differential
Initial: 13/27
Accel: 37/49
Braking: 46/55

Torque Split
Front Rear: 20/80

Suspension
Ride Height: -20/-18
Spring Rate: 17.0/15.7
Extension: 9/8
Compression: 7/7
Anti-Roll: 5/4
Camber: 3.8/2.0
Toe: -0.27/-0.20

Brakes
Brake Balance: 6/10

TUNER COMMENTS:

Desperado will be hosting my car
Too bad it is standard, but probably the best paint job for a Veyron out there, which is good for the photos. As they always say slow in and fast out is still the key to fastest and cleanest way around the track. Easy on the brakes going in and more important slow on the gas coming out. A little practice and I'm sure you will agree it's a pretty good car for both tracks now. When Braking do it a tiny bit before you think you need to. You can pretty much slam on them, but you need to be able to stop so you can be slow enough to get as close as you can to the inside corner when turning. The acceleration is insane so making sure your brake points are good that will be the main factor of how fast you go. It is pretty fast as you can imagine lol. Around London keep it tight to the corners and do not go very wide for all the squiggly parts. On the corners that are like 90 degree angles go wide on them and turn towards the corner. I have shaved off a considerable amount of seconds doing this. Monza only instructions is brake early enough to keep tight to the corners. The last real long corner brake and let it coast with no gas for a bit than slowly add more gas until you feel it can make the corner than full on the gas. It is a Veyron after all so it's greatest strength is the straights. As long as you are braking properly when you accelerate the car shouldn't have to make any adjustments and be able to let loose.

P.S. Since I got this car only for its paint job originally I had to take some more pics. Like everyone I'm kinda mad its standard as they turned out just ok, but still some nice ones here.

Last edited:
CSLACR
You know we're not supposed to release the car/tune until Nov 29th?

I was unaware or forgot, but seriously it doesn't matter because it's the same tune in my garage only with tiny changes to fit the competition. Just fluke the tune I made already works excellent for this lol.

I was unaware or forgot, but seriously it doesn't matter because it's the same tune in my garage only with tiny changes to fit the competition. Just fluke the tune I made already works excellent for this lol.
So you want it right at 1650kg? Or as heavy as it can get?

If you're going to enter the fastest car possible, then why not right on the lowest limit. He's obviously o.k. with 1 point in the weight portion. Since he posted his tune so early, any of his competitors can make theirs 1651kg and get 2 points. 👍

If you're going to enter the fastest car possible, then why not right on the lowest limit. He's obviously o.k. with 1 point in the weight portion. Since he posted his tune so early, any of his competitors can make theirs 1651kg and get 2 points. 👍
I wouldn't be so quick to declare it the fastest car possible...
I've tested a few that I think would give it a real run for that title, and not all of them are just barely making minimum weight.:D

XDesperado67

Well I am aiming to at least make weight. So I suggested add 200kg before doing any reductions so when you do instal them you can clearly see of its going to go under the limit. Right now I am aiming to be low weight, but I guess I won't say exactly the weight yet the final will be based on what the other guy said. I'll release that later.

My plan right now is win both courses as it is crazy fast and I'm working on a photo to win that too. So all those amounts of points far out weigh the points or weight.

Well I am aiming to at least make weight. So I suggested add 200kg before doing any reductions so when you do instal them you can clearly see of its going to go under the limit. Right now I am aiming to be low weight, but I guess I won't say exactly the weight yet the final will be based on what the other guy said. I'll release that later.

My plan right now is win both courses as it is crazy fast and I'm working on a photo to win that too. So all those amounts of points far out weigh the points or weight.
Send me a PM and explain how you want the weight done.

Hey! Now we know what your first car isn't! :D

I tried the M5 and it's ok but it just looks so boring since I am used to seeing 5-series BMWs all over the road. :crazy: In fact I even own one...just not any version that is in GT. :embarrassed:

Onboy123
No, just discussing their options as to which car to enter.

O ok. In that case my SL 600 I thought was going to be pretty much second fastest car hands down. Than I tested the vantage and my god it's quick. I'm been testing for so long, but I'm sure with literally the tiniest settings change and a perfect lap I can beat the SL time or at least come damn close. Tried the SS truck, but it was to swirly for me.

Ok……now, I've got my car sorted, I'm sort of starting to second guess my choice……Should I abandon it for my WIP E55 or not……should I aim for the top a fail miserably or not even try……?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿??¿¿¿¿????¿?¿??!!!!!!!¡¡¡¡¡¡*boom, head explodes*

Ok……now, I've got my car sorted, I'm sort of starting to second guess my choice……Should I abandon it for my WIP E55 or not……should I aim for the top a fail miserably or not even try……?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿??¿¿¿¿????¿?¿??!!!!!!!¡¡¡¡¡¡*boom, head explodes*

I think stick to the reasons you chose your car in the first place.

I don't rate my tuning abilities highly as this is my first serious attempt at a tune, which is why I decided to try and win the photo comp and picked the car I thought looked the best.

It just happened to be that I lucked into a car that performs reasonably well and I have discovered I can't take a photo to save my life, nevertheless my heart stays with my original choice.

Of course if you really want to win just pick whichever car puts in the faster laptimes, cause there are 2 TA categories and a category for best car to drive, doing well in these will give you a decent chance.

Take the easy way out like I am Onboy. Narrow it down to just a few cars then get a relative to pick which one you actually enter.:D

My 82 (soon to be 83) year old mother will be picking my entry for this extravaganza!:bowdown::gtpflag:

Well, after taking on Cykosis' idea of using SH tyres first, I've got my time in London slashed down by around a second with tune B running on SS tyres.

Well, after taking on Cykosis' idea of using SH tyres first, I've got my time in London slashed down by around a second with tune B running on SS tyres.

:)👍 Top job..!! I know people talk about RS tyres hiding a lot of problems with a car, but I think this extends all the way down through the tyres. My car has some issues that are obvious on SH tyres and almost non-existent of SS.

Glad you've had some success...

{Cy}

Has anyone tried the R8 or :D a Viper :D ? I tried (and I know nothing about tuning a car correctly) they would seem to be good cars. Maybe a little too powerful? But great looking (mainly to Vipers 👍 )

-my 100th post :D yippee!

moparisgod
Has anyone tried the R8 or :D a Viper :D ? I tried (and I know nothing about tuning a car correctly) they would seem to be good cars. Maybe a little too powerful? But great looking (mainly to Vipers 👍 )

-my 100th post :D yippee!

Ya the ACR viper I think could be a serious competitor. All mine are under weight and I don't want to by another one just to test so who knows.

Since you are sharing a lot already, can you give us a hint at what lap times we are going up against? What do you think it will take to win fastest time?

Back