Wallbanger's "Tons of Fun"(Final Round Underway)

I'm in, and this time to win the beauty contest with a fast premium matte red car and a poddle that don't like pianist.
You and your poddle need to send me a PM amigo.:D
Glad you've decided to join the European tour with us!đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

I picked my car cause I thought it was the best looking of the cars available :D

Me too. Hoping we didn't pick the same car. If we do, you have an excellent eye for beauty.

And if we did pick the same car, mine will be painted in a factory blue. Don't want to show up at the same party wearing the same shirt.

Me too. Hoping we didn't pick the same car. If we do, you have an excellent eye for beauty.

And if we did pick the same car, mine will be painted in a factory blue. Don't want to show up at the same party wearing the same shirt.

sounds possible, pretty sure we have the same country at least.

And I'm gonna do that for a car that has more power than any road Ferrari in the dealership bar the Enzo??

HmmÂ…Â…I'm not so sureÂ…Â…

Yep, trust me. Build on hard tyres, get the car running well, slap on some softs and away you go. Any deficiencies on the hard tyres will get soaked up by the softer ones. I get a bit of under and oversteer on hard tyres and next to none on softs đź‘Ť

Yep, trust me. Build on hard tyres, get the car running well, slap on some softs and away you go. Any deficiencies on the hard tyres will get soaked up by the softer ones. I get a bit of under and oversteer on hard tyres and next to none on softs đź‘Ť

Bit boring thoughÂ…ain't it? That said, after the Eclipse played it's role in the last shootout, I put some SS tyres on it and it was so much more fun than on those SMs! So it does work. Sort of.

Bit boring thoughÂ…ain't it? That said, after the Eclipse played it's role in the last shootout, I put some SS tyres on it and it was so much more fun than on those SMs! So it does work. Sort of.

More frustrating than boring. It's hard work trying to contain all that power and weight on SH tyres..!! The benefits are immediately obvious once you slip on some soft rubber though... :mischievous:

{Cy}

More frustrating than boring. It's hard work trying to contain all that power and weight on SH tyres..!! The benefits are immediately obvious once you slip on some soft rubber though... :mischievous:

{Cy}
WellÂ…thing is, I've pretty much tamed my ĂĽber Coupe, even around LondonÂ…mind you, the diff settings were based off the E92 M3 and it sort of stabs me at 1st gear corners. :lol:

I'll give your idea a go, see how long it takes until I throw the DS3 at the builders at ground floor after crashing for the nth million time. :dopey:

Added praiano63 to the list of tuners.:D

We're up to 20 tuners now which means we'll have 4 groups with at least 5 tuners in each group for the first round and 8 lucky tuners will go on to the final round. Looking to be a great event everyone, I know I'm excited by the way this is shaping up and I hope everyone else is also!:cheers::gtpflag:

WellÂ…thing is, I've pretty much tamed my ĂĽber Coupe, even around LondonÂ…mind you, the diff settings were based off the E92 M3 and it sort of stabs me at 1st gear corners. :lol:

I'll give your idea a go, see how long it takes until I throw the DS3 at the builders at ground floor after crashing for the nth million time. :dopey:

London will drive you insane. Do as much work as you can at Monza and then fine tune at London. The only thing I ended up changing was to stiffen my rear ARB. The front of the car is still a little vague for my liking, my gearbox is still default and as ever, I need to work a bit harder on the brakes...

{Cy}

My car is finished...scared now though, everyone's gonna have the same car as me! Probably less co-ordinated than mine though. I want to post soon but I think I shall wait until very late otherwise someone will steal my car :irked:

London will drive you insane. Do as much work as you can at Monza and then fine tune at London. The only thing I ended up changing was to stiffen my rear ARB. The front of the car is still a little vague for my liking, my gearbox is still default and as ever, I need to work a bit harder on the brakes...

{Cy}

I, on the other hand, set the brakes up to haul the big bastard to a halt in the quickest manner they can and set the gearbox to give a 199mph top speed while keeping the launch reasonable. Shame I have put up with slight oversteer on corner exit as a result thoughÂ…

Onboy123
I, on the other hand, set the brakes up to haul the big bastard to a halt in the quickest manner they can and set the gearbox to give a 199mph top speed while keeping the launch reasonable. Shame I have put up with slight oversteer on corner exit as a result though…

I shall give something away! I am currently running a 5/10 brake split :D :sly: I doubt anyone will guess my car though

I, on the other hand, set the brakes up to haul the big bastard to a halt in the quickest manner they can and set the gearbox to give a 199mph top speed while keeping the launch reasonable. Shame I have put up with slight oversteer on corner exit as a result though…
I shall give something away! I am currently running a 5/10 brake split :D :sly: I doubt anyone will guess my car though

Sounds to me like it's got a fat arse, girl :sly: That or it refuses to turn in under braking.

I should maybe pay more attention to brakes at the start of a build, rather than treating them as an after thought. I can feel myself physically bunching up as I go into some of the high-speed, tight corners. Especially on hard rubber..!! :scared:

{Cy}

Sounds to me like it's got a fat arse, girl :sly: That or it refuses to turn in under braking.

I should maybe pay more attention to brakes at the start of a build, rather than treating them as an after thought. I can feel myself physically bunching up as I go into some of the high-speed, tight corners. Especially on hard rubber..!! :scared:

{Cy}
Don't use 10 as the setting, very easy to overheat the front tyres, as I found out.

{Cy}
Part of it is my driving style (or lack thereof as some say) but I have rarely found a car tune that had "to much/to strong of brakes. On the other hand I've driven plenty of cars with very inadequate brakes as far as I'm concerned. It amazes me how some very fast drivers with excellent throttle control will put nearly non existent brakes on their tunes because their afraid of locking up or overbraking instead of putting solid brakes on their tune and modulating that like they do the throttle.

For us more ham fisted DS3 drivers there is nothing more terrifying than trying to get a 1 ton plus car to slow down for corners from 150 plus mph when people use brake settings like 3/1 or 0/2 and the like.:scared:

Part of it is my driving style (or lack thereof as some say) but I have rarely found a car tune that had "to much/to strong of brakes. On the other hand I've driven plenty of cars with very inadequate brakes as far as I'm concerned. It amazes me how some very fast drivers with excellent throttle control will put nearly non existent brakes on their tunes because their afraid of locking up or overbraking instead of putting solid brakes on their tune and modulating that like they do the throttle.

For us more ham fisted DS3 drivers there is nothing more terrifying than trying to get a 1 ton plus car to slow down for corners from 150 plus mph when people use brake settings like 3/1 or 0/2 and the like.:scared:

I'm one of those ham-fisted individuals and I'm currently running 3/3 brakes. They'll be getting a spruce this evening, as not many people like to brake as early as I do..!!

{Cy}

Lolol every story I hear you say involves your whole family playing gran turismo. I wish my entire family played it.

I've been married for over 12 years and have two wonderful daughters (9 and 2). We enjoy spending time together, and this game does that. A lot of cars, lots of colors, fun times to be had by all. đź‘Ť My wife likes taking the "Lamb" and beating up in compacts after a hard day of work. My oldest daughter likes to take good looking cars and take pictures of them and race from time to time. My youngest thinks its funny when Daddy wins :D. I like to race and tune everything I can. I gave it up in the real world when we had kids, so this is as close as I need to get. đź‘Ť

Fixed this elsewhere but wanted to make sure the following get the recognition due them.đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Special thanks here to madmyk for generating the score sheets and to DigitalBaka for setting up and handling the photo polls. Also need to thank Dragonthing for the great event banner and krenkme's family for the F.I.T.T. banners they have provided us.:cheers::gtpflag:

Also tuner sign-ups have been going great so far. If I can get 24 committed tuners before the posted deadline I'll move things up a bit and get the show rolling.:crazy::D

Thanks for using the banners đź‘Ť. She's the popular girl at school because of it :scared:.

Don't move it up too much if you do :nervous: I might not make it.
:dopey:

I've been married for over 12 years and have two wonderful daughters (9 and 2). We enjoy spending time together, and this game does that. A lot of cars, lots of colors, fun times to be had by all. đź‘Ť My wife likes taking the "Lamb" and beating up in compacts after a hard day of work. My oldest daughter likes to take good looking cars and take pictures of them and race from time to time. My youngest thinks its funny when Daddy wins :D. I like to race and tune everything I can. I gave it up in the real world when we had kids, so this is as close as I need to get. đź‘Ť
Thanks for using the banners đź‘Ť. She's the popular girl at school because of it :scared:.

Very good, congratulations to your family.. great !! ><((((°> °°°°°

krenkme
I've been married for over 12 years and have two wonderful daughters (9 and 2). We enjoy spending time together, and this game does that. A lot of cars, lots of colors, fun times to be had by all. đź‘Ť My wife likes taking the "Lamb" and beating up in compacts after a hard day of work. My oldest daughter likes to take good looking cars and take pictures of them and race from time to time. My youngest thinks its funny when Daddy wins :D. I like to race and tune everything I can. I gave it up in the real world when we had kids, so this is as close as I need to get.

praiano63
Very good, congratulations to your family.. great !! ><((((°> °°°°°

Ya you got pretty lucky even the wife likes playing. That would be the dream lol.

I have a conundrum. One car, two tunes. One is leisurely and easy, but not so fast. The other is quick (0:53/1:36), but is a little like an unbroken stallion :scared:. Both weigh the same over 2 tonnes.

What to do, what to do? :confused:

I think I'm about ready to go. Good thing, because I will be having a busy weekend. I almost screwed up by not turning tire wear on when I started tuning. I can make at least 5 laps on London driving hard, so hopefully that will be good enough to not annoy the testers.

I have my favorite 'normal' paint color on the car but wondering about other options. I need to work on the photo though. I had a great corner shot at London, smoke and everything, but half the car was in the shadow of a building. Also wondering in general if it is better to have a picture of my car making it around the first corner at London :sly:, or a picture of it slamming into the wall. :banghead:

Krenkme has a good deal going. My kid is not old or big enough to handle the cheap steering wheel I have, and he doesn't like to watch GT5 for too long. We do play Toy Story 3 together though, which is quite fun.

Have a great weekend everybody. Mine is starting now...

I have a question... as a test driver, am I required to use a tuned car shared by a tuner via freind request, or can I buy and set up the car on my own to match their specs?

I have a question... as a test driver, am I required to use a tuned car shared by a tuner via freind request, or can I buy and set up the car on my own to match their specs?
It's much preferred that you use the shared cars. That way there is no problems with discrepancies between the published/shared tune and a car that a driver sets up.

It's much preferred that you use the shared cars. That way there is no problems with discrepancies between the published/shared tune and a car that a driver sets up.

Makes sense. I have a feeling it's not so much the HP difference you get on break-in, but the chassis difference if there's no rebuild done on a used car, that would cause a problem.

Latest Posts

Back