Wallbanger's "Tons of Fun"(Final Round Underway)

My top two are beating the hell out of me trying to tame under and oversteer and my third is sexy but slow. I keep having nightmares of running a Tamora at London for a week and slamming into that quick right in T2...only now I'm leaving a bigger dent in the wall. :mischievous:

I'll figure this out yet! *shakes fist*

Very good, congratulations to your family.. great !! ><((((°> °°°°°

Ya you got pretty lucky even the wife likes playing. That would be the dream lol.

Krenkme has a good deal going. My kid is not old or big enough to handle the cheap steering wheel I have, and he doesn't like to watch GT5 for too long. We do play Toy Story 3 together though, which is quite fun.

Have a great weekend everybody. Mine is starting now...

Yes, I am thankful for my family :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very blessed with the life I have been givin. I could not ask for more 👍

Don't tell the DOT but I might make it home in time for some late night turkey :)

Any time you can spend with you family is special. Weather it be playing GT5, or Toy Story 3, or flying a kite, or sitting at a table to eat a meal, or ...ect. But this game brings my family together, and for that I'm thankful.

On a none sappy note, my daughter talked to me tonight and said what car she thinks I should try, and I will admit, it is not one I would have chosen.... so we'll see. (1800+ kg and, i think, 800+hp). :confused: :dopey:

'night

Having fun with this challenge because there is less pressure on having the fastest tune. Narrowed things down to two cars that fit the description of being a GranTouring car. No way am I going to go for the lightest, fastest ride that fits the minimum weight requirement, but isn't really a Tourer. My choice is going to stay true to the type of car, not the weight. Tuned both cars. One is dripping with style, looks and uniqueness and the other is sleek, smooth, fast and rich with heritage.

Car one is one of the most unique in the game. It has been in my garage for a while, with zero miles, and no real reason to drive it. Glad that I did try it out. It looks incredible, handles like a dream, but lacks some horsepower. It is five seconds slower at Monza than my choice number two.

Car two is faster but a little more uncontrolable. Way more straight line speed, but not as fun in the corners. It's a bit clunky. The design is classic and rich with automotive history, but the design doesn't hold anything new. I mean, how many cars can you sell in white, silver and black in your showroom?

Kinda leaning toward Car one right now. Hoping that this unique car is a unique choice and that I'm the only one using it for the competition.

xDes, congrats on an excellent setup for this competition. A lot of planning must have gone into it, it looks great.

I'll be signing up as a test driver, as long as it's ok that 1) my driving is slow, but consistent 2) I'd prefer to use DS2 controller?

Does first round mean London and 2nd mean Monza? Or is 2nd round repeating both tracks with revised tunes?

May I suggest that tuners shouldn't be allowed to judge the group that they are in (unless this is already in the rules but I missed it?)

I may also be a last minute sign-up as a tuner. Pretty busy IRL at the moment, but if I can get a tune showing glimpses of promise by the sign-up deadline then I'll be joining the fun from both sides.

Dragonthing
I shall give something away! I am currently running a 5/10 brake split :D :sly: I doubt anyone will guess my car though

I'm guessing a Veyron since not too many other cars need that high of a balance at the rear especially since they will be weighing so much.

Is DOT your wife? And do you mean DOT like gamers? DOT: damage over time. Like a poison spell.

No he means Department Of Transportation, who sets limits on how long a truck driver can drive, highway speeds etc.

I'm not going to enter as a tuner (driver maybe). This is why you guys are tuners. It's hard stuff! Has any one tried some Jags? That's what I was trying, but failed :(

moparisgod
I'm not going to enter as a tuner (driver maybe). This is why you guys are tuners. It's hard stuff! Has any one tried some Jags? That's what I was trying, but failed :(

I was tempted to get out one of my S-type Rs but they are too good to tune up

I was trying to tune the Jaguar XKR Coupe ‘99, beautiful car!!! just doesn't like me :(
I'm surprised you weren't working on one of the Mopars.:odd::lol:
Hope you will at least stick around as a Test Driver at least.
You never know there might be a Mopar or two yet.:D

Cars that I would suggest are ACR Viper, SL 65 Mercedes (standard one), Audi R8, Audi RS 6 Avant, V8 Vantage, SLR McLaren, Silverado SST Concept, Chrysler 300C, C63 AMG, veyron, Murciélago, and Trans-Cammer. There are lot's of other heavy cars, but these are all very heavy and 800-1000+hp. Tested them around before and all blew my mind so I figure should be good choices.

Why does everyone seem to be boasting about having 800+bhp monsters, is everyone afraid of having a 500bhp car like mine?

Onboy123
Then I think you'd crucify me for turning one of those into a Troll James May 1/4mile drag car. :D 680hp, it makes.

Go right ahead, I just don't wanna mess with my own :D

Why does everyone seem to be boasting about having 800+bhp monsters, is everyone afraid of having a 500bhp car like mine?

Go right ahead, I just don't wanna mess with my own :D

Yup. Monza is where the battle is won………or lost. :dopey:

I love the S Type R in GT5, the front actually looks alright for once.

Onboy123
Yup. Monza is where the battle is won&#133;&#133;&#133;or lost. :dopey:

I love the S Type R in GT5, the front actually looks alright for once.

My lap times are massively sucky anyways, so I don't really care. I know I can never win this thing, and if someone else has the same car as me I will probably give up completely, but for now I have confidence in some vague sense of individuality and pure style...

My car needs 190 feet to slow down enough for 2nd gear corners, but you can run over as many curbs as you'd like on London without a bit of upset in the car.

And tester? I want to see how fast my car can get lol

I'd like to, but I just can't take switching between online/offline physics, I'm finally running the laps I want to/should run online, so as of now, my offline driving is very limited.
Switching isn't exactly a problem, but switching and running the laps I'm capable of at 100% is, apparently, extremely difficult, at least for me. :(

Onboy123
Yup. Monza is where the battle is won...or lost. :dopey:

But if I concede Monza and run the table in the other categories with a lower powered car, how much does your horsepower mean then? :D

More is not always better. Balance will be key and I have a sneaking suspicion that ol' Harv chose these two tracks for that very reason...because I would do the same thing. :sly:

I'm surprised you weren't working on one of the Mopars.:odd::lol:
Hope you will at least stick around as a Test Driver at least.
You never know there might be a Mopar or two yet.:D

Ha :D. I did try to tune some classic Mopars, but just found myself "stealing" tunes from the Outlaws (superbird) or clueless (440 Hemi). I'm not sure in myself to tune a car proper. :scared:.
Testing I still might try and do tho. 👍

I skimmed the first post quick and didn't see any dates. I may have just missed them, but when is all the stuff due?

I am not super fast but I am consistent. Could I sign up as a tester once it is allowed?

You don't say either way, for all I know you want proven mad-men lol

Well, I hope you guys are happy with yourselves. I've utterly compromised my principles and built a car that's fun to drive...

{Cy}

My car needs 190 feet to slow down enough for 2nd gear corners, but you can run over as many curbs as you'd like on London without a bit of upset in the car.

Sounds exactly like my car, haha. At the end of everything I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up on the same amount of points given our car's similarities.

I skimmed the first post quick and didn't see any dates. I may have just missed them, but when is all the stuff due?
If you look in the OP directly under the official F.I.T.T. logo you'll find a listing of deadlines which I will copy here to ensure they can be found.:D
This is a Federation of International Tuners and Test-Drivers sanctioned event.
F.I.T.T. rules will be used for this event. Any event specific rules and all deadlines are listed below.

Deadlines
Tuner Sign-ups are open from now until 11:59pm GMT 28 Nov 2011. See under Tuner section below for specifics regarding sign-ups

Tuner Submissions will be open from 12:01am GMT 29 Nov 2011 through 11:59am GMT 2 Dec 2011.

Test Driver Sign-ups will be open from 12:01am GMT 29 Nov 2011 Through 7 Dec 2011. See under Test Driver section below for specifics regarding sign-ups.

First round results for Test Drivers must be posted no later than 11:59pm GMT 11 Dec 2011.

Final Round tuning and Test Driver sign-ups will occur between 12:01am GMT 12 Dec 2011 and 11:59pm GMT 13 Dec 2011.

Final Round Test Driver Results must be posted no later than 11:59pm GMT 18 Dec 2011.

Note: Extensions or exceptions to the above listed deadlines may be issued at the event sponsors discretion. However, it is up to the participants that they do everything possible to meet the listed deadlines as extensions or exceptions will only be granted under extenuating circumstances.
I am not super fast but I am consistent. Could I sign up as a tester once it is allowed?

You don't say either way, for all I know you want proven mad-men lol
We'll be quite happy to have you as one of our test drivers. Please let me know which groups you'll be wanting to test when I open the Test Driver sign-up period and post the groups.👍👍

Oi, one thing to clear up. The photos are taken at whatever location we see fit, right?
Correct. Remember the photos are about showing your car in the best way not about making a cool/artistic photo.

Back