We should have engine swaps in the next update

• Thread starter Swara
  • 141 comments
eightlives
I know there are 9sec civics, but at least a 9sec rwd car you can still drive on the street.

And believe it or not on YouTube they have a 7 second RWD CIVIC. You heard me, a RWD CIVIC. How is that possible? Well, type in fastest civic ever and watch it for yourself. It's a grey Civic, like I think it's the 2003 model

I'd love engine swaps, the Ford GT motor in the Mach 1 Mustang, YEAHHH.

I have a tuning magazine with a story of EG civic with a 2.0 acura engine producing +900 hp. That's not even very unusual.

Hard to believe since a lot of factory V8's can't go past that point without splitting the block. It had to have been an aftermarket block.

I know enough to say that a Focus RS with 910HP is ridiculous. where would the engine fit? Also read my other comment about torque and chassis. It is unrealistic.

All of that can be reinforced and with the right parts you don't need to do a swap. By your logic how were Ford Probe's made in to Super Street Dragsters? Small block V8s can easily fit into the Ford Focus and get plenty of power. The Chassis can be reinforced and so on and so forth it isn't realistic and if you do some research you'll find that out. It is not unrealistic and that is fact, now if it works great or not is another question.

Example:

Look up the Renault Espace and the F1 version made by the company and that should show you just exactly how far you can take engine swaps.

The exterior is just that, the exterior/shell, everything under it can be reinforced and enhanced to make it a totally different car, but still look the same on the outside.

i said for a 2.5L, not 4 cyl in general, but i would like some proof a 4 cyl can run 1000+, group b rally cars made like 600hp from insane boost. most drag supras have to get new blocks (commonly 3.4L rather than 3.0L 2jz) to hit 1000+

The 3.4L is a stroker kit has nothing to do with the block, or much with the bottom end at all. Stock 2jz-gte engines are said by toyota to be able to handle 800-1000 Hp on stock internals and this has been said for a very long time, you saying otherwise against Toyota is far from proof. Group B rally cars were in the development stage of turbo engines as was F1 at that time. They didn't know how to make the same power that can be done today. There bar level wasn't insane at all and 1.4bar or 20psi is very common in turbocharged sport cars and at that time their street varients ran 11 to 13 psi or 0.8 bar to 0.9 bar. Cosworth WRXs today run 600 hp out of a four cylinder with room for more.

More proof for you that a 4 cyl can do 1000 Hp

And this is using the 4g63 that comes with the damn car.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind motor swaps, as long as they kept it within the same make. Like a R10 engine in an R8 or a M5 engine in an M3. Not a Viper engine in a Civic...

In GT4 and GT3 A Spec, there was a way to modify the game save to build "hybrids" using a gameshark flash drive and a hex editor on the pc. I remember building some really wild cars like a rx7 with a 787b engine.

To above discussion:
You can make any engine layout do any amount of power. However, a 351, LSx, or other sbf/sbc in a small car like a foxbody will get you into the 10's without very much money invested. Just look at some of the setups on yellowbullet's forum.

Last edited:
Well let's just say that if you could do it with every car then that is BS. Their NEEDS to be a limit.

How is that BS? Is there saw law of physics that say it isn't possible. Or are you one of those types that think it's stupid to swap engines in certain cars? If it's the latter that doesn't make it BS.

How is that BS? Is there saw law of physics that say it isn't possible. Or are you one of those types that think it's stupid to swap engines in certain cars? If it's the latter that doesn't make it BS.

Yes there is. Size. You can't place a bugatti w16 in a ginetta. It won't fit. And the unlimited engine swaps would ruin the game. It'll just be x1 engines everywhere.

Temetias.
Yes there is. Size. You can't place a bugatti w16 in a ginetta. It won't fit. And the unlimited engine swaps would ruin the game. It'll just be x1 engines everywhere.

A way to counteract that would be to make the cost of swapping engines the price of the most expensive engine.. And I'm pretty sure people won't have 20 mil just chillen..

A way to counteract that would be to make the cost of swapping engines the price of the most expensive engine.. And I'm pretty sure people won't have 20 mil just chillen..

to upgrade it'd be an item, people could dupe like cars and paints..

My humble opinion, I play forza4 too, got to say I prefer gt5 way up. The engine swap is nice, but sort of take the fun out of a not so big on bhp car. It spoils tricked out a car or make compensate on suspension to beat a car that goes faster but can put up with the breaking or cornering fact.

Well let's just say that if you could do it with every car then that is BS. Their NEEDS to be a limit.

I agree. Presumably they'd have to model all the engine bays, engines and drivetrains to limit it to (hopefully) believable engine swaps.

By the sounds of things the engine swaps in forza don't have to be believable. I like that everything in GT is supposed to be believable.....might not be perfect but they seem to work pretty hard to make it try to represent real life as best they can and that's one of the things I like most about it.

Its not gonna happen, instead they should just have the "displacement up" of the old games, since the engine mods in this game appear to be entirely valvetrain, increased compression, blueprint and balance, and tuning.

I wouldn't mind it if it were REALISTIC engine swaps, for example the '70 Chevelle engine in a '69 Z/28 Camaro.

LMSCorvetteGT2

So you would be happy with X1 engines in every car?

Stavelot
A well built twin turbo 4cyl can easily make 1000hp+....

swara96
go to youtube and look up Chris Miller 8 second Civic. He has a 4 cyl engine that has 1100 hp

One on the Internet. . . Get some first ha d experience and discuss what YOU really know.

Honestly the people claiming to know things in here is well disgusting. Most of the info being posted has some truth. However it is obviously conveyed by those that don't know what they are saying.

4 bangers making over 1000hp are not common and is not easy. If so make it happen.

Making 1000hp from any regular car is not easy not cheap.

Supra stock 2JZ will handle over 1000 whp. We raced with a guy back in the early 2000's doing so. Marco in the White Supra. It's not common now. Most doing that power want reliability and spend the coin for extra insurance.

Twin Turbo 4 banger? Is that supposedly faster then a single turbo? Why because two is greater then one? It's waaaaaay deeper then that guys.

I love seeing you guys discuss these subjects. But please please research more before posting facts on a subject.

Sorry dad will leave now.

Back