We should have engine swaps in the next update

• Thread starter Swara
  • 141 comments
Not this thread again. It's bad an stupid because you have to reinforce the chassis to support new power and torque. Can a mod please close this thread?

It's not even about drag racing.

Viperbeatsvette
Not this thread again. It's bad an stupid because you have to reinforce the chassis to support new power and torque. Can a mod please close this thread?

It's not even about drag racing.

Once again, 1100 HP civic in real life does 8 second 1/4. Look up Chris Miller civic.

Speaking of 8 second Honda's. Local guy ran 8.9's recently in the testing of his S2000 build. Claims there is 400hp left in the tune. As well 60' times will drop as he gets more aggressive with the launch. I'll be keeping tabs on what he gets it down too this year.

Incredible what street cars are running today.

8's is the new 9's. LoL

I'd be content with a 10 sec street car.

MiDriftSmoke
It wouldn't make it unrealistic. Because in real life Honda Civics can smoke mustangs.

So they take a stock civic.. Only chuck a 1000hp engine inside it, and blast the 🤬 out of it? Noooooo... The chassis would warp and get :censored:ed up by the amount of torque and force that the car was not originally made and designed for..

It would work with realistic swaps.

Say, a LS1 Block in a R34 skyline would be realistic, or a TVR Engine in a Cobra.

mattjones
So they take a stock civic.. Only chuck a 1000hp engine inside it, and blast the 🤬 out of it? Noooooo... The chassis would warp and get :censored:ed up by the amount of torque and force that the car was not originally made and designed for..

This...

Now PLEASE LET THIS THREAD DIE AGAIN

It would work with realistic swaps.

Any swap is realistic though, so it doesn't make sense to limit to specific swaps based only on realism.

This...

Now PLEASE LET THIS THREAD DIE AGAIN

No, not that, because your point doesn't really stand up. 900 hp Focus or whatever is perfectly reasonable. It doesn't matter if it needs to be rebuilt after every drive, or that you need to strengthen the chassis. GT5 doesn't model the former and the latter is already in the game.

Not having engine swaps as an option just makes the game less realistic.

No, not that, because your point doesn't really stand up. 900 hp Focus or whatever is perfectly reasonable. It doesn't matter if it needs to be rebuilt after every drive, or that you need to strengthen the chassis. GT5 doesn't model the former and the latter is already in the game.

Exorcet the guy doesn't get it, he's been shown evidence and still keeps on going as if he has a great amount of experience. If viperbeatvette knew half of what they think they know then none of the statements made by that person would be here. Obviously this isn't the case.

Exorcet
Any swap is realistic though, so it doesn't make sense to limit to specific swaps based only on realism.

In moved on from that. Point is this thread isn't even drag racing

LMSCorvetteGT2
Exorcet the guy doesn't get it, he's been shown evidence and still keeps on going as if he has a great amount of experience. If viperbeatvette knew half of what they think they know then none of the statements made by that person would be here. Obviously this isn't the case.

Mate. You think you're pretty smart. If you wanna try and put down others go do it somewhere else. I never meant any harm so don't try to insult me.

If you even bothered to read my previous comment I have moved on from this argument and have said this should be close DUE TO IT NOT BEING ABOUT DRAGRACING.

Mate. You think you're pretty smart. If you wanna try and put down others go do it somewhere else. I never meant any harm so don't try to insult me.

If you even bothered to read my previous comment I have moved on from this argument and have said this should be close DUE TO IT NOT BEING ABOUT DRAGRACING.

I did read, them if I didn't I wouldn't have been able to come to the conclusion you just quoted. Also you were not asking for this thread to be moved from the get go, but now you are??? That's probably the extent with what I'll agree with you on. However, to me it seems you realised you were wrong and have moved on to other areas to still be right.

Oh and it's not about being smart, people gave you evidence to show you the error of your ways and you didn't acknowledge it. That's all.

LMSCorvetteGT2
I did read, them if I didn't I wouldn't have been able to come to the conclusion you just quoted. Also you were not asking for this thread to be moved from the get go, but now you are??? That's probably the extent with what I'll agree with you on. However, to me it seems you realised you were wrong and have moved on to other areas to still be right.

Oh and it's not about being smart, people gave you evidence to show you the error of your ways and you didn't acknowledge it. That's all.

As I have said I have moved on from the original argument. Thus I have no comment nor input further on. Don't try and understand the psychology of my brain because you disagree with my opinion. You're not as smart as you make out to be. So dont think you're all high and mighty and call people like me incompetent. (you didn't say the word but we all know you meant it).

Since we're apparently playing "put words in other's mouths," I'll sum up that post for you:
Don't try and understand the psychology of my brain because you disagree with my opinion. You're not as smart as you make out to be.

"It's my opinion, so stop arguing with me because opinions can't be wrong!"

Now, you didn't say that, but we all know that's what you meant.

:rolleyes:

Toronado
Since we're apparently playing "put words in other's mouths," I'll sum up that post for you:

"It's my opinion, so stop arguing with me because opinions can't be wrong!"

Now, you didn't say that, but we all know that's what you meant.

:rolleyes:

No I didn't say opinions cannot be wrong. Nor did I mean it. :rollseyes:

Just stop.

Back