Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 3,668 comments
The Urus again? 😒

I'll be using:

Japanese Clubman Cup 550 - Toyota Prius G (!)
World Rally Challenge - Toyota Celica FR-Four Rally Car
Urus One-Make - Lamborghini Urus
Vision Gran Turismo Challenge - Toyota FT-1 VGT
World Touring Car 700 - Toyota GR Corolla '22 (!)

I used KPrime to choose my cars, and after it randomly selected Toyotas for the first three events (excluding the Urus, obvs) I decided to stick to Toyota for the final event. That one looks like it'll be a challenge! Might have to tune the daylights out of it so it stands a chance...

Although it's been a while since the last Tesla race, I'm prepared for its return. :crazy:
Shhhhhhh !

Look Whos Talking Now Omg GIF

Only credits... well... and rally 😑

Last edited:
Oh hell no, again the ****rus, why? Couldn't it be a Civic EG one-make, or the R4 again? Why that stupid car!

Anyways, here are my cars for the week. Again, thanks to Nakano for the great randomizer!

Screenshot_20240620-143343.png

Glad it's all credits. Not sure about the VGT race as I don't think I've attempted it yet.Hmmmmm....
I was hoping something Watkins Glen related since the 6 hours is this weekend.

Last edited:
That's not the mindset to improve anything. We wouldn't have a PS5 if everyone thought this way 😊

But if @Nakano219 does not want/don't have time or else (which I totally get), that's not the end of the world for me, I'll keep picking the cars myself 😁
I was being facetious. I'm just grateful someone's gone to the effort of making a tool like this in the first place. 😎

I was being facetious. I'm just grateful someone's gone to the effort of making a tool like this in the first place. 😎
I fully agree with you. And I bet more people would use it if you did not need to select the event and location x 5

And I can totally understand that the person who set it up does not have time or does not want to make it evolve.

Dragon Trail with Gr.3 cars is my absolute favorite. I've been spending a lot of time tunning different GT3 cars to run this particular track, so much that it has become my GT3 testing ground. At this point, I can just pick any Gr.3 in my garage and have fun at it. Will probably run this race many times over with different cars.

That's not the mindset to improve anything. We wouldn't have a PS5 if everyone thought this way 😊

But if @Nakano219 does not want/don't have time or else (which I totally get), that's not the end of the world for me, I'll keep picking the cars myself 😁
All feedback is welcome! If you take a look now you may find your concern has now been solved. :)

The only thing I ask is please have patience on a new week; it'll be updated when I have time that day, not the moment the new set comes out.

All feedback is welcome! If you take a look now you may find your concern has now been solved. :)

The only thing I ask is please have patience on a new week; it'll be updated when I have time that day, not the moment the new set comes out.
The definition of "going above and beyond". Again, thanks for this amazing tool!

Race 1 - Testarossa '91 - default car, easy win. Got the 100k ticket.

19036f7fc1099-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 2 - A110 '17 - tuned it to 600PP. Came to first place in lap 2, but then I spun and drop to p7. Managed to claim victory in lap 4.

19036f821e430-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 3 - Viper GTS '02 - default settings and race versus Sierra Cosworth, that was a lot faster on straights and took first place ahead of me. Got the 200k ticket.

19036f841e630-screenshotUrl.jpg

Didn't play anymore.

That 800 LeMans race was a fun one. I brought a howitzer to a fistfight though...

View attachment 1366496

I do love that car. It's so alive. Fastest lap was a 3.47.7xx. not sure how that falls but for me it felt pretty quick. No stop. RMs. Try it if you haven't!
sigourney weaver michael GIF

"It's the only way to be sure..."

Last edited:
sigourney weaver michael GIF

"It's the only way to be sure..."
Honestly I prefer usually to go under the pp restriction and see how fast I can make a slower car. I don't grind at all anymore though and loved every minute I spent in this Nissan doing so so every chance I get to wallop the ai with it, I do.

Also just looked up the fastest (actual not GT7) LeMans time with a non bop'd R92CP and I'm 7 seconds slow. So it seems I'm quick but not fast. 😂😂😂

Cheers all 🍻🍻🍻

Last edited:
Can't say I've ever been interested in "challenging" myself against the "Artificial Idiots". After doing as much of GT5 (got it a bit more than a year after release) as I could get done before GT6 released, which I got on release, my enthusiasm for the grind waned considerably. When the "AI" is involved I just want it done. VR2 has made it much more enjoyable to "drive", whatever the purpose, and I'm comfortable with my current skill level. Take off and nuke 'em from orbit is definitely my MO when dealing with PD's AI. I want nothing whatsoever to do with Sophy.

Can't say I've ever been interested in "challenging" myself against the "Artificial Idiots". After doing as much of GT5 (got it a bit more than a year after release) as I could get done before GT6 released, which I got on release, my enthusiasm for the grind waned considerably. When the "AI" is involved I just want it done. VR2 has made it much more enjoyable to "drive", whatever the purpose, and I'm comfortable with my current skill level. Take off and nuke 'em from orbit is definitely my MO when dealing with PD's AI. I want nothing whatsoever to do with Sophy.
I agree with you 💯 %. For me it has always been about driving the cars. I think I have the most fun in GT games when I'm doing hot laps. I enjoy the grind to because I just look at the AI as moving road blocks🤣🤣🤣🤣

kjb
I agree with you 💯 %. For me it has always been about driving the cars. I think I have the most fun in GT games when I'm doing hot laps. I enjoy the grind to because I just look at the AI as moving road blocks🤣🤣🤣🤣
Don't get me wrong. I love a door banging flog in any car. But I have also grown to really enjoy the nuance in this game and finding those special cars that don't seem special until you understand them is a ton of fun.

For example; that old school Shelby GT350 with only Sport Soft tires becomes an absolute direct connection to my brain. I can drive that car within a mm most times (or so it feels) and it's pretty sublime. I get lost in it. I can't wait to join you VR boys. 🔥🔥🍻🍻

Last edited:
Back