Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 3,675 comments
Got 500k in a wheel of ID.R, Zonda R, six stack of bars and 30k chips.

RB25 at Le Mans, an A110 on RS and these:
20969936833818814 2.jpg
20970837119071711.jpg

20970926231481643.jpg

weekly-challenge-202406w3-cars.jpg

I was up early and had a chance to knock these out. Fun stuff. Got some more cars out of the garage for their first drive.

Deep Forest - Mercedes 190 E - I upgraded to SS tires, which put it slightly above the suggested PP. Otherwise, the car was stock. It was really nice to drive on this track, but I was taking it too easy getting through traffic. It maybe isn't the best for top speed in the straights, either. Finished P3, which was enough for the first ticket.

Catalunya - Alpine A110 - Again, I upgraded the tires, but nothing else. Enjoyed driving it on this track. Drove it to an easy win.

Road Atlanta - Dodge Viper - Skipped the tire upgrade on this as it was already above the suggested PP. Drove it completely stock. It was an easy win. Picked up the second ticket.

Lago Maggiore - Ferrari F50 - This car felt so good on this track. I upgraded to better tires -- SS, I think -- to get a little closer to the PP limit. I got held up by the AI cars in a few places, though, and wasn't able to catch the lead car. Finished P2. Good enough for the check mark.

Le Mans - Ford GT LM - Did this on RM tires. I was just past Tertre Rouge on the first lap when I realized I'd already used a quarter tank of fuel and that I'd need to do some fuel saving to keep it to a single pit stop. I bumped up the fuel map to 2 and did a bit of short-shifting, but by the end of the first lap it was clear that I wouldn't make it to 3 laps. Pitted after lap 2 for fuel and did the proper fuel saving for the second stint. I ran the car on FM4 and short-shifted. That was too much. By the final lap I was back to FM2 and light short-shifting. That made for an easy win as most of the other drivers made a second pit stop.

The 6-star ticket gave me the AMG GT3 '20 (Gr.3) car, which I already owned. I sold it for 127,000 credits.

Last edited:
Race 2 - Mostly stock A110 only added SS tires.
Catalunya - Alpine A110 - Again, I upgraded the tires, but nothing else. Enjoyed driving it on this track. Drove it to an easy win.
What difficulty are you guys playing on? I tried with a stock A110 but gave up quickly 'cause some of your opponents clearly drive tuned cars. I mean, I know I'm not the best driver out there and I don't enjoy this track at all, but still....

What difficulty are you guys playing on? I tried with a stock A110 but gave up quickly 'cause some of your opponents clearly drive tuned cars. I mean, I know I'm not the best driver out there and I don't enjoy this track at all, but still....
I really appreciate that you ask.
There's no use start to compare in any way or try use posts as helpful info as long as no one is talking about
  • the race mode they're using
  • what "stock" means to them
  • couple more things

I use hard race mode btw :) ... and "stock" is the car you get from the dealer.

I really appreciate that you ask.
There's no use start to compare in any way or try use posts as helpful info as long as no one is talking about
  • the race mode they're using
  • what "stock" means to them
  • couple more things

I use hard race mode btw :) ... and "stock" is the car you get from the dealer.
Yep, race difficulty is always on Hard for me too. Also, Stock is just how it comes when you buy it (aka. Bone Stock), all the way down to the tires. If I need to change tires to get a better lap time, I will mention it in my posts.

I'm playing on normal, too. All I did to my particular A110 was give it a widebody plus custom wheels, some aero parts like a custom rear wing, and Sport Softs. But nothing beyond that.

G&G lost their Advance Auto Parts sponsor for this season so this car is irrelevant now, but it took a long time to make and it looks great
In my own very humble opinion. I like what the G&G guys do, they actually race their cars hard at the tracks instead of just build and show. However, their livery taste is out of wack and ugly as sin. With all that sponsors, they could have designed much better liveries. Not knocking on Autozone because you can actually find some useful parts on the spot in emergencies, but that livery really fit on with the typical Autozone dudes on fake chrome vents with stinky refresher smell on rear mirror. 🤮 LoL

Very uninspiring and lazy. They just slapped on the biggest Autozone logo they can print for maximum surface area to qualify for sponsorship and added ricer straight flames then called it a day. 🤣

In my own very humble opinion. I like what the G&G guys do, they actually race their cars hard at the tracks instead of just build and show. However, their livery taste is out of wack and ugly as sin. With all that sponsors, they could have designed much better liveries. Not knocking on Autozone because you can actually find some useful parts on the spot in emergencies, but that livery really fit on with the typical Autozone dudes on fake chrome vents with stinky refresher smell on rear mirror. 🤮 LoL

Very uninspiring and lazy. They just slapped on the biggest Autozone logo they can print for maximum surface area to qualify for sponsorship and added ricer straight flames then called it a day. 🤣
*Advance Auto Parts.

Agree to disagree here, I think it looks cool. I also give a lot more leeway to a race specific livery over a street car aesthetic, and find myself liking things that are a little more gaudy on tracked cars.

Huh?

I thought their AAP Civic livery was pretty cool:
civic.jpg

Drove my Volvo back into my garage. Get myself ready for the Euro Soccer Championship. Anyone else ? :D

Last edited:
How Fun is the Alpine110?!? I true love these evens for the fact of I don’t get to drive these cars as much. I’m always in my GT3 458 practicing, so it’s a nice breath of fresh air to do these weekly's. The Alpine shocked me though it was very fun to drive I only used SS tires and it was an easy win!

This one is on my short list of cars to replicate. I'll also re-do the EVO if Ben secures another sponsor for it.
I already have this on one of my EK Civics. There are a few different ones in the showcase section that are adjustable. If you are really anal retentive you can use them as a starting point to make your own.

Last edited:
Normal difficulty, stock A110 with SS tires. Won but it was a close one since I'm really bad at Catalunya (I'm really bad almost on every track actually).

Not super keen on this week, Alpine race is a nice idea but I wish we didn't have to run the GP layout, the Ferrari race we had a few weeks ago too which is disappointing. WTC 800 at Le Mans was ok, I think they could've picked another one of the Le Mans races instead of that one given it's just basically GT3 cars, not a hard race either given the fact that most of the field pits twice.

Cars for this week:
full

Done them all in one sitting again, can't wait for them every time!

1) European Sunday Cup 500 @ Deep Forest

This one had to be originally done in the Pantera, but both of mine have been tuned too much and so I rerolled it and got the 208 GTI. Fun little car indeed, it was a good surprise! Tried first with stock car on SH tires but couldn't make it past P3, I needed a bit of extra power. So I put a low pressure turbo on it, and finally picked the W. Fun race indeed! It was a close, last corner victory! With CRB too eventually.

20970739701737917.jpg

100k obtained!

2) A110 Special @ Barcelona GP

If there's something in this game that I hate more than Fuji's last sector, is definitely Barcelona GP last sector. Painful! Luckily the car was great fun to drive, had to use SS tires in order for the stock car to win. And this also was some sort of tribute to a friend of mine that actually bought one, cheers to you!

20970893244577364.jpg

3) American FR Challenge 550 @ Road Atlanta

Boy do I like this circuit! For this race I was given the Mustang Boss 429, which was quite a nasty customer to say the least. Had to give it quite a lot of dedication, with a new gearbox, suspension, differential, some weight reduction and SS tires or it just wouldn't stay straight. Eventually though I managed to tame the beast and won the race, the Sierra was starting from the back and was stuck in traffic.

20970844286063375.jpg

4) Ferrari Circuit Challenge @ Lago Maggiore GP

Again, I had recently done this race so wasn't really looking forward to it. Luck gave me a Ferrari F430 which I tuned up a bit up to 700pp or so, it worked actually pretty nice! It was a fun race and the 430 is so awesome in sound and looks!

20970456554310102.jpg

5) WTC 800 @ Le Mans

The obvious tribute to this week's main event, I was tasked to do this with the Genesis Gr.3, which I had won from the ticket ages ago but never used. And what a mistake I made! Why did I ignore such a good car for all this time? Handles like a dream, easy on both fuel and tires, single pit stop race with RM and FM4 and a CRB victory to complete it all. Definetly going to use this car more in the future for the Sardegna grind, or anything else. Might as well try it for the last Human Comedy mission I need.

20970245861942783.jpg

Got all money tickets, and the 6* also gave me some extra money in the form of 500k.

This week was all about endurance cars for me. I didn't care this week about the "suggested pp" . It's all about the 24 HoLM.
Didn't enjoy the Alpine. Stock internals except for aero and RS. It must have been the RS tires because I was hooking turns. Nasty but still won.
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP Layout_ (4) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Deep Forest in the Leticia Buffoni livery of her Porsche in the Brazilian Porsche Cup series.
Deep Forest Raceway_ by 2cam16, on Flickr
Road Atlanta in an IMSA livery I made awhile back.
Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta _ (10) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Lago in a pseudo IMSA livery I made.
Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course_ (7) by 2cam16, on Flickr
And of course my trusty Audi in an easy win by over a minute at La Sarthe.
24 Heures du Mans race track_ (6) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Roulette spun me 500k. Good enough for me!

These weekly challenges are useless too easy even those with PP (the other ridiculous you can even use car with engine changed and lap the IA!) give us some real challenges
@Batschisane52 pointed it out already above.

If you're looking for a challenge, I suggest you take an Alpine A110 '17 on SM tires with a mid range turbo, otherwise stock for roughly 543 PP on hard race mode, visit Barcelona and try to win the race including a CRB. ;)

Last edited:
I used a stock Alpine and finished about a second behind the lead who finished in 8:34. I ran again and finished about a second behind the lead who finished in 8:31.

I get the feeling this process could continue to the limit of my ability.

I used a stock Alpine and finished about a second behind the lead who finished in 8:34. I ran again and finished about a second behind the lead who finished in 8:31.

I get the feeling this process could continue to the limit of my ability.
Exactly this !!! And it starts to get annoying ...
We had such an adaptive AI at Fuji last week, at Deep Forest and Barcelona this week, as far as I see atm.
As soon as you can beat 8.22, there's a chance to win the Alpine race from my experience.

Back