Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,654 comments
I'm not sure if it's the combo of cars and tracks this week but 2 of the weekly races so far have been awful.

The Daytona race, I used a old Mustang, everything I hit the banking it chucked my to the infield, the race was unplayable... I recorded it so if someone could advise how to get it from PS5 to here I'll share.

The Lambo special event was just a trail of oversteer the second the brake was touched and then low speed unrealistic understeer.

Will also post in the physics thread if this is the wrong place.

The Lambo special event was just a trail of oversteer the second the brake was touched and then low speed unrealistic understeer.
I found the Lambo to have really terrible brakes meaning that you enter corners a lot faster than you expect and so tend to understeer off into oblivion. You'll get used to it but I agree it is not the handling you would expect from such a car.

I found the Lambo to have really terrible brakes meaning that you enter corners a lot faster than you expect and so tend to understeer off into oblivion.
The usual case of people getting caught off guard by what is essentially realistic braking distances. The distance is proportional to the square of speed, doubling the speed means two squared, ie. four times the distance, and tripling it, you've guessed it, three squared so nine times. If we assume the 100-0 km/h distance to be 30 metres, which is an astonishing figure and actually better than a real stock Gallardo can do (source) it means that the 200-0 distance is 120 metres and the 300-0 a whopping 270 metres, and you're doing more than that coming into the first corner at Tokyo but let's calculate with that 300 km/h for easier figures.

After you've hit the brakes, the first 150 metres is spent slowing down to 200 km/h and the next 90 metres shaves off another 100 km/h, by which time you've already been hard on the brakes for 240 metres and are still traveling at 100 km/h.

Physics. Bloody physics.

I found the Lambo to have really terrible brakes meaning that you enter corners a lot faster than you expect and so tend to understeer off into oblivion. You'll get used to it but I agree it is not the handling you would expect from such a car.
Had it upgraded with the race pads and discs. It was awful to be honest. Makes me want to avoid that car.

On days like these, I have to admit, I've enjoyed the Eiger race as it is best suited for low pp races.
All you need to do, is get in your car:
View attachment 1392682
Have a cigarette hanging from your mouth, stick on your sunglasses, and drive.....

Unfortunately , much like Rossano Brazzi entering a tunnel, you're about to get SHAFTED... ;)
View attachment 1392684

I agree with Eiger and low PP cars. I quite often use my 1967 Alfa GTV.

Last edited:
Back