Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,101 comments
So did my Peugeot VGT at that same spot haha!

Anyways woke up fresh today and took on the final weekly challenge once again.

5) JGTC @ Suzuka

I hadn't driven the GT500 Pennzoil before yesterday, when I first started trying this race out; I went with the Praiano setup but the car felt really undrivable, too few downforce as it was a setup made for the Glen and not for Suzuka, so I tweaked things around and made it more fitting. But by that time I was collapsing due to sleep deprivation so I went to bed and gave it another try this morning, although with a different setup I found on YouTube that used the Medium RPM turbo instead of the High one. Believe me, that makes all the world of difference, no more snapping and no more random spins when coming out of the chicane, it's the perfectly fitting turbo for this beauty! Won at first try and it was an amazing race, no CRB because of a couple run-outs at 130R and some clashes with the opponents, but it was great fun nonetheless.

View attachment 1372100

Couldn't avoid taking a shot during the last lap, since it's set at golden hour.
I do enjoy that car very much. The first time I was able to win the GR3 chili race at MP was with that thing believe it or not. It's got legs!

Tough but very fun.

1000006735.jpg

Eventhough it's still a 'catch the rabbit' race it's one of the best series in the game

I used this beauty for the WC
190abfe2a969-screenshotUrl.jpg

For the most I didn't really have to do anything except for the VGT race. I messed up a tune I had for 800ppm trying to get it to 850 so I had to create a new one using SM tires. I thought I would finish in 3rd but I caught the top 2 on the last lap. Suzuka was fun because I loved the All Japan race. They really should add that as a new menu book. Fuji, Suzuka, Autopolis and couple of other races would be great

This weeks cars.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240713083904.png

Race 1 - A simple race so I decided to bring 1 of my 41 F1s for a Sunday drive under the beautiful Monza sun.

Tires - SM
CRB - Yes
Car - Stock
Autodromo Nazionale Monza_.jpeg

Race 2 - First time using this Ford GT40 fun car good drive overall.

Tires - SM
CRB - Yes
Car - Stock
Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta _.jpeg

Race 3 - Brought my Bugatti for a easy fast and fun win.

Tires - RH
CRB - No
Car - Downgraded to meet PP limit.
Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa_.jpeg

Race 4 - I was gonna go with my FXXK but then I saw my Bugatti engine swap viper and since I haven't use it in a long time why not.

Tires - RS
CRB - No
Car - Fully upgraded and Fully Tuned.
Circuit de Sainte-Croix - C_.jpeg

Race 5 - I brought my P1.:lol::embarrassed:

Tires - RS
CRB - No
Car - Stock
Suzuka Circuit_.jpeg

Closing comments - Fun races this week.

The last race was a little challenging, even on the Easy difficulty.
  • Sunday Cup Classic - Corvette C1 🔰
  • American Clubman Cup - Tesla Model 3 🔰
  • Vision GT Trophy - Tomahawk S
  • Hypercar Parade - CTR-3 🔰
  • JGTC - Mercedes 190E w/AMG GT3 Swap

Reward:
  • 30k from 4-Star Daily

Last edited:
Race 1 - 300 SL Coupe '54 - pretty easy win, got the 100k ticket

190b1d82f9c77-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 2 - Shelby GT350R' 16 - wild as horse, hard to tame. But quick, finished first in front of equally fast Viper.

190b1d86a4e34-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 3 - Škoda VGT - overtaking others one by one and got into lead at lap 6, but immediately ran off the track and dropped to third. In big fight, I managed to secure win in lap 7. Got the 200k ticket.

190b1d8ab9831-screenshotUrl.jpg

Just finished the weekly challenges. I was mostly overpowered for them with the exception of the JGTC event, which took me a few attempts to dial in.

RaceCarPP/Power/WeightTire
Sunday Cup ClassicMini-Cooper 'S' '65349.68 PP / 68 HP / 1429 lbsSports: Hard
American Sunday Cup 600Dodge Viper GTS '13598.27 / 640 HP / 3430 lbsSports: Hard
Vision Gran Turismo TrophyChaparral 2X VGT848.16 PP / 482 HP / 1305 lbsSports: Medium
Hypercar ParadeRUF CTR3 '07737.06 PP / 755 HP / 3086 lbsRacing: Medium
All Japan GT Car ChampionshipToyota Supra GT500 '97731.42 PP / 502 HP / 2535 lbsRacing: Medium

Got lucky with the grid placement of the F1 GTR and passed it while it was stuck in traffic. In my previous attempts, it would win by 2 - 3 seconds, which made me think it was possible to beat with the stock setup.

Decided to slap a turbo on it and downtune to give the illusion of a competitive race instead :sly:

I gave the hyper car race and the JGTC race another try on normal difficulty with the recommended car fully stock.

Race 1 - Hypercar Parade - Great car and the good thing is the Valkyrie starts second to last so that gives you a fighting chance.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240715123839.jpg

Race 2 - The JGTC race - For the first 5 laps I was just learning the car and track so with each lap I got better and faster and if I had 1 more lap I would had pass for the lead I'll try it again later since I learn both car and track.

Great race my hands were shaking by the end it.:)
Gran Turismo® 7_20240715125457.jpg

After running the whole set of races with the Tomahawk S first which was a lot of fun but no challenge at all and the Infinity VGT after which was the exact opposite, I did a third walkthrough with the randomizer's car choice.
All cars were completely stock except the Jag and the Enzo that got SS tires and the GT-R that got a mid range turbo. My personal highlight has been believe it or not, the engine swapped but otherwise stock Abarth 595, the rev limiting monster. 😂

Here's the pictures :

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240713102036.jpg

There's a point at 7000 rpm where everything fades.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240713155732.jpg

Objects in the rear view mirror appear slower than they are.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240714094513.jpg

I've been struggling with the active aero and the question : How do I get this car to turn ?

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240714123914.jpg

I love racing side by side, even with the AI, when it pans out fine and free of contact.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240714145306.jpg

Beautiful lighting conditions at Degner 2 when the sun sets - great idea, Strax.

Found the JGTC race to be a perfect daily marathon so I'll sure enjoy this a couple more days. Autopolis next Friday ? 🤔

Last edited:
Completed the Weekly Challenges yesterday, and I decided to show the pictures of the cars I used for each race:

Porsche 356 A/1500 GS Carrera '56 (Sunday Cup Classic)
Autodromo Nazionale Monza_.jpeg
Shelby GT350 '65 (American Sunday Cup 600) (Panoz Equus MR replica build)
Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta _.jpeg
Lexus LF-LC GT Vision Gran Turismo (Vision Gran Turismo Trophy)
Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa_.jpeg
Porsche VGT (Hypercar Parade)
Circuit de Sainte-Croix - C_.jpeg
Nissan GT-R GT500 '08 (All Japan GT Car Championship) (Nissan YellowHat YMS TOMICA GT-R '08 livery from GT5)
Suzuka Circuit_.jpeg

I
Got the last two done...

View attachment 1372043

St Croix - Ferrari FXX K '14 - I upgraded the tires to RM, but it didn't matter. The car has all the acceleration and speed of a Le Mans Hyper Car but without any of the downforce. I went off the track so many times. Still, I managed to get by all the cars on lap 1 for an easy win. Fourth check-mark achieved.

View attachment 1372045

Suzuka - Nissan GT-R GT500 '99 - I love driving Suzuka. Doing it with vintage GT500 cars was good fun. Took the win and got the final ticket.

Done and dusted.
Do you have a setup for the GTR?

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7...28-090c841de661/gallery/All/23644669020970808

what the crap is happening here

Edit.. okay I'm trying to post a video and this is just an image.. not sure how ti fix or delete this post just yet
It's an image which links to replay save file. The replay save file allows other players to add it to their Collection so that their game can reconstruct the replay, allowing them to watch it on their console.

Gran Turismo 7 doesn't save or store video files.

Looks like a fun set of races. Not a big fan of the parts and cars tickets. I'll cross my fingers and hope to win a VGT I don't already have.

Looks like a fun set of races. Not a big fan of the parts and cars tickets. I'll cross my fingers and hope to win a VGT I don't already have.
Same but in my case I cross my fingers and hope to not get any VGTs cars which seems like that's all I get from this car ticket stuff's:lol::(

Overall this weeks is ok.

Race 1 - Cool.
Race 2 - Nice my 918 is ready.
Race 3 - Cool but wished different cars would get a special event where is my p1 or fxxk special event.:(
Race 4 - Cool
Race 5 - My least favorite WTC events.

Last edited:
Ditto. I'd rather have the money, especially over the parts. Even the car ticket has been such a let down lately it's not even fun anymore. Like, I get one I already have and it's worth 240k at the UCD.

This week looks ok not too enthused about the last race though not a big fan of Autopolis. I guess I will pull the Bugatti VGT Gr.1 for the last race. Hopefully I get a good car like a Vanquish or maybe P1 GTR. We'll see how it turns out. I wish they would not have the car parts ticket at all but what can you do?

Back