Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,322 comments
Screenshot_20240718-161809.png

Some money will be spent this week, as I need to buy the Lexus SC430 and my good ol' 964 is finally gonna get a swap after being with me since day one. Will also be driving for the first time both the GR Yaris (again will need to buy a new one since my own pre-order car has a 2JZ) and the R33.

Interesting week, and always love the Car ticket! Parts one, not so much.

kjb
This week looks ok not too enthused about the last race though not a big fan of Autopolis. I guess I will pull the Bugatti VGT Gr.1 for the last race. Hopefully I get a good car like a Vanquish or maybe P1 GTR. We'll see how it turns out. I wish they would not have the car parts ticket at all but what can you do?
With you on the parts ticket. Only reason I do the weeklies is when there's a 6 star ticket up that isn't parts.

Decent week even with WTC 900 being a repeat from a few months ago. All pretty easy, used the 787B and didn't stop at Autopolis given it was a completely dry race, AI also decided to pit twice like I had last time. Would've preferred to have had more races with weather or time of day changes to make it a little more interesting but the tracks were decent for the types of cars.

Weekly cars:
full

Cars for this week.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240719005332.png

Race 5 - I started with the Last race since I was nervous about it its unfair you already have to start last but also over 41+ seconds behind. I was able to fight my way up to 6th place before pitting on lap 6 and falling back to 12th place. I fought back for a close win.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240719002010.jpg

Race 4 - I really like this race track and car combo.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240719002907.jpg

Race 3 - Not a fan of Brands Hatch but the A110 made it fun such a fun car.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240719003913.jpg

Race 2 - I used my 918 for a easy win but its one of the only times I get to drive the 918.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240719004735.jpg

Race 1 - Its rally but this skyline was super fun to drive.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240719005250.jpg

Overall good set this week and last my 6* ticket stuff gave me this.:)
Gran Turismo® 7_20240719005405.jpg

Three failed / given up attempts by lap 4 and I did it at the 4th (Autopolis). Genuinely hate it. Tried it with the Nissan Gr2, CLK LM, The Toyota Gr2 and finally gave up and just used the McLaren VGT Gr1 for an easy win. No idea why I even bothered trying to make a "good" race out of it.

190ca128dbe6-screenshotUrl.jpg

It's not a duplicate car, so I'll take it for the collection.

Was able to get these all done in one sitting today (normal difficulty).

weekly-challenge-202407w3-r1.jpg

Fisherman's Ranch - Subaru Impreza 22B-STi '98 - I threw some dirt tires on the car and went. It did pretty well without any modifications. I don't drive this track enough to remember all the corners. I had climbed up to P2, with P1 within reach, but I buggered up one of the corners late in the race, giving up a spot for a P3 finish. Oh well, good enough for the first ticket.

weekly-challenge-202407w3-r2.jpg

High Speed Ring - RUF CTR3 '01 - I left this car entirely stock -- didn't even upgrade the tires. I probably should have, though. With the stock SM tires, the car needs a lot of braking space. I kept forgetting that and went off the track a bunch of times. Still, I easily blasted past the field by the second lap. Easy win. And CRB, too. Second check mark achieved.

weekly-challenge-202407w3-r3.jpg

Brands Hatch - Alpine A110 '17 - This is a fun race. I had upgraded the tires to SS the last time we had a WC event with this car, so I went with those. No other changes to the car, as far as I could tell. It took a while to work my way through the field, but I finally caught up to the lead car on lap 4 and took the lead, which I held to the end for the win. CRB, too. Second ticket mine.

weekly-challenge-202407w3-r4.jpg

Blue Moon - Nissan R33 GT-R V-spec '97 - Going in, I wasn't sure how good the car would perform in stock form. It was well below the 700PP limit. I decided to give it a try with only minimal enhancements -- SS tires, and some aero upgrades. It was a challenge working through the field. Going into the final lap I was in P4 and a fair way back from the three lead cars. The rubber-banding kicked in, though, and they let me catch up as we went into the infield. I got by two of them, but couldn't catch the lead car. Still, the P2 finish was good for the fourth check mark.

weekly-challenge-202407w3-r5.jpg

Autopolis - Honda NSX GT500 '08 - This took a couple tries. I didn't make any modifications to the car except tires. My first attempt was on RM tires. I got into a crash and spun out a couple times, but it didn't matter much because I wasn't making any gains on the leaders anyway. Finished P10, or so. For the second attempt, I switched to RS tires. That made all the difference. I was making gains on the leaders from the start. I pitted on lap 5 for fuel and fresh tires. Going into the final lap, though, I was way back in P7, contemplating what I would have to change in my next attempt to win it. Then, to my surprise, all the cars ahead pulled into the pits, handing me the lead for an easy win. The AI is weird. Good for the final ticket.

The parts ticket gave me weight reduction for the Porsche Taycan. Add that to the pile of other parts that I'll never use.

The car ticket gave me a Super Formula '19 / Honda, which I already own. It is currently sitting at the low end of its valuation range, at ~465,000 credits. I'll hold on to it until it goes over 500,000 again.

I don't actually think I've done that Schwarzwald League race at High Speed Ring yet, so I think I'll at least do that one. Otherwise, I think for this week, I wanna focus on the two online time trials that both expire this next Thursday.

Finished the challenges today, not a bad set but really didn't enjoy the Autopolis race. Used the car I often use, the Jag Gr 1, FM 6 for most of it, RH tyres, no stops. Won, but if I'd had to stop I may not have made the podium. Car ticket gave me a Mercedes VGT which I sold for well over Cr 500k, so happy with that.

Only had time for the Japanese 4WD race so far. I thought it would be one and done. Took four tries to get third. Almost triggered a controller toss. Between the greased pig handling and the blocking traffic it was a struggle for me.

Back