Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,387 comments
The bad: I'm running out undriven Silvias. I'll probably need to re-use a car I've already driven. Edit: Same for the Porsches.
Unpossible - the Silvia, especially the S14, is GT7's version of Imprezas/Evos/GT-Rs from previous GTs.
The ugly: Parts and cars tickets again. Parts are worthless to me. Can only hope I get a car I don't already own.
You could also get one of the (roughly) 11 prize cars worth over 1,000,000 Cr. at Andi's.

Unpossible - the Silvia, especially the S14, is GT7's version of Imprezas/Evos/GT-Rs from previous GTs.
You're right! I just checked and I do still have a couple I haven't driven. It is the Porsche race and Neo-classic that I have to re-use cars in. Oh, well.

The good: I haven't tried that Gr.B race at Eiger yet. Now I have an excuse.
Lucky you. I hated it, horrible race. Don't like the track backwards, especially trying to get round the uphill hairpins with a controller, just not enough steering lock. In the end I just stuck a turbo on the Peugeot 205 and bashed everyone out the way.

Don't like any of the other regular races and don't need the money or car ticket, so looks like a week just doing the special event.

It looks like an interesting week to me, so I'll give it a double shot: first time letting Kudos pick the cars, and then it'll be the randomizer once it updates. Also doing this since I'm on vacation finally and definitely have more time to play, so why not.

So here is what Kudos says:

• Silvia Sisters: Silvia K's S14 Type S '94
  • Japanese FR 450: MX-5 NR-A
  • Porsche 356 Special: duh
  • Neo-Classic: R92CP
  • World Rally Challenge: Audi Sport Quattro S1

Will go randomizer as soon as I'm done with this first series!

Ok week.

That neo-classic is always hard.

The rally race meh.

The other 3 are ok.

As for the rewards.

Parts tickets are always.💩

Cars ticket anything less then a p1 or fxx-k as a reward and its a 💩 from me.

I liked the idea of the weeklies in the beginning. Now i think Life is too short to do races i don't care about just for credits.

Maybe I'll get back later. Until then i just watch out for specials that are only here for a week.

Not enjoying them this week - Fisherman's again! Tried a couple of times and gave up, thoroughly frustrating. Many posters have said the new physics is great for rally, I find the opposite. So just did three to get two prizes, 100k and 200k, which is lovely, thanks!
Used the Ferrari VGT for an easy win at Interlagos and that was enjoyable!

The randomiser is finally updated and supports update v1.49! Enjoy.

As an apology for making you all wait so long, here's an extra report I built while updating it - containing every PP change from v1.48 to v1.49 listed in spreadsheet form.

Thank you so much for such a great tool and - at least on my part - don't ever think of "apologizing" for skipping a week of a voluntary work you are doing instead of PD which should just learn and implement features like this! Your randomizer is on par with @ddm 's online dealership which is often the first thing I check in the morning for the content it gives to us players!

The randomiser is finally updated and supports update v1.49! Enjoy.

As an apology for making you all wait so long, here's an extra report I built while updating it - containing every PP change from v1.48 to v1.49 listed in spreadsheet form.

There are no apologies needed, you're doing us a great service for free so it should be us thanking you, if anything!

And btw, here is my to-be second lineup for this week, had to reroll races 2 and 5 due to the randomizer picking the same cars that Kudos picked earlier.

Screenshot_20240801-182445.png

Was a little surprised to see the Gr.B race at Eiger again, but then I realised that's just because I raced it last week when it released. Fun combo, I love those cars on road courses because they move around a bunch. Neo Classic was pretty difficult previously, although it seems a lot of the AI go off at the last corner and run around multiple laps with completely worn left fronts so it is a lot easier than before. Ran the Escudo and would've won the first time out if it wasn't for the jumpscare of a 787B respawning on the racing line literally right in front of me. Other 3 races were alright, 356 one-make at Goodwood makes a lot of sense to do especially if you run a retro livery, not that I had one so I used my engine swapped car instead.

This weeks cars:
full

Got shafted... carbon shaft for Toyota GR86 RZ '21, worth the enormous amount of 4.5k 💩 💩 💩

The first guy on the Porsche was behaving very strangely : while I was climbing the mobile chicanes, I was constantly gaining time, anywhere on the track, once I arrived behind him he engaged nitro, gaining more than a second on the back-end "straight", after that he was waiting for me after the starting line, I passed him very easily, then on the back straight he came back as a rocket again, and it's been like this each lap til the end.

For Silvia Sisters I used my slightly tuned Silvia K's Type S (S14) '94, but it was not enough, I was smashed on every acceleration, and the race was too short to make it all back in corners, ended up 5. So I went back with my quite tuned Silvia spec-R Aero (S15) '02 and won with zero difficulty.

Used the low powered Silvia at Autopolis and won with ease.

The first guy on the Porsche was behaving very strangely : while I was climbing the mobile chicanes, I was constantly gaining time, anywhere on the track, once I arrived behind him he engaged nitro, gaining more than a second on the back-end "straight", after that he was waiting for me after the starting line, I passed him very easily, then on the back straight he came back as a rocket again, and it's been like this each lap til the end.

For Silvia Sisters I used my slightly tuned Silvia K's Type S (S14) '94, but it was not enough, I was smashed on every acceleration, and the race was too short to make it all back in corners, ended up 5. ...
This all sounds very familiar. :)

Was a little surprised to see the Gr.B race at Eiger again, but then I realised that's just because I raced it last week when it released. Fun combo, I love those cars on road courses because they move around a bunch. Neo Classic was pretty difficult previously, although it seems a lot of the AI go off at the last corner and run around multiple laps with completely worn left fronts so it is a lot easier than before. Ran the Escudo and would've won the first time out if it wasn't for the jumpscare of a 787B respawning on the racing line literally right in front of me. Other 3 races were alright, 356 one-make at Goodwood makes a lot of sense to do especially if you run a retro livery, not that I had one so I used my engine swapped car instead.

This weeks cars:
full
Tried the Escudo but it's horrible with my current setup on 1.49. Tried a lot but it keeps twisting around like crazy. Any chance you can share your setup?

I took a crack at these earlier this morning (normal difficulty)...

weekly-challenge-202408w1-r1.jpg

Tsukuba - Nissan Silvia K's Dia Selection (S13) '90 - This took a couple tries. On the first, besides the aero that I'd added for aesthetics, I only upgraded the tires to SS, which brought the car just over 500PP. It was still too slow to gain on the leaders. On the second, I added all the 'sport' level enhancements (computer, air filter, brakes, suspension, etc). That brought the PP up to ~530. That at least made the car competitive. I finished P2, which was good enough for the first ticket.

weekly-challenge-202408w1-r2.jpg

Autopolis - Toyota 86 GT '15 - The only changes I made to the car were the aero bits, just to give it a sportier look. I was a little concerned going into the second lap in P2 that I might not be able to close the 10-second gap to the lead car, but the rubber-banding kicked in and I was able to take the win.

weekly-challenge-202408w1-r3.jpg

Goodwood - Porsche A/1500 GS GT Carrera Speedster '58 - I'm not sure if I've made any modifications to the car when I used it before. Regardless, it was on-pace with most of the other cars here, which made for a fun race. Finished in P2, way behind the lead car. Good enough for the second ticket.

weekly-challenge-202408w1-r4.jpg
Willow Springs - Suzuki V6 Escudo Pikes Peak Special '98 - This race did not go so well. I was off the track a bunch of times and rolled the car on the final lap. Finished in P5, way behind all the Gr.C cars. I'm not sure the Escudo is the car for me here. I'm no good at managing the turbo, or the extreme acceleration. I'm thinking I'll switch cars for my second attempt to one of the Gr.C ones.

weekly-challenge-202408w1-r5.jpg
Eiger Nordwand - Toyota 86 Gr.B Rally Car - I enjoyed this race. After reading the comments about how awful the track is in reverse yesterday, I decided to do some practice laps in Time Trial. That really helped for the race. Those switchbacks are tricky. I ran the race on RM tires. I pitted early -- lap 4, I think -- for fuel. That was probably too early. Worked my way up the field from there, taking the lead on lap 11. On my final pass by the pit exit I got low fuel warning with only 0.6 laps of it remaining. I short-shifted to the finish. The fuel ran out on the final straight to the line. Took the win.

The parts ticket gave me the shaft -- figuratively and literally -- for the Urus. We'll see what comes from the car ticket when I get it.

Last edited:
Anyone else not getting their reward tickets? Last week I didn't get the 5th event ticket. Today I just completed 2 races and should be award a 6 Star ticket. Please help!

Anyone else not getting their reward tickets? Last week I didn't get the 5th event ticket. Today I just completed 2 races and should be award a 6 Star ticket. Please help!
It happens from time to time - although I've not heard of it affecting the third reward only.

The only known cause is changing your console's system clock or time zone. It's not the only cause, but it's the only one that guarantees you'll see this issue.

Whether you've done that or not, it should return to normal next week.

It happens from time to time - although I've not heard of it affecting the third reward only.

The only known cause is changing your console's system clock or time zone. It's not the only cause, but it's the only one that guarantees you'll see this issue.

Whether you've done that or not, it should return to normal next week.
I did change the clock before but returned it last week.

I got 2 rewards last week but not the third. Today no first reward. How should I proceed to get the 2nd and 3rd reward?

I did change the clock before but returned it last week.
Yes, it's usually the step backwards in time that causes the issue.
I got 2 rewards last week but not the third.
I guess you changed the clock between getting the second and third rewards? Or your midnight on Thursday evening passed between the two?
Today no first reward. How should I proceed to get the 2nd and 3rd reward?
You won't. It'll return to normal - probably - next week.

Yes, it's usually the step backwards in time that causes the issue.

I guess you changed the clock between getting the second and third rewards? Or your midnight on Thursday evening passed between the two?

You won't. It'll return to normal - probably - next week.
Correct. back in time 2 time zones, Sydney to Seoul. Yes, changed the clock between getting the second and third reward on Tuesday 30th.

I'm seriously losing interest in this game now.

I accepted 2nd place in the first race, won the second race 2nd in the third race won the fourth race and then quit out of the last one because there nothing in this game I hate more than reverse tracks.

I tried again. With the Impreza. I fitted medium race tyres and did a 1:14 on the first lap. The AI did a 1:11. I concentrated on learning the track and finished last. After some consideration, I chose the Ford Focus grb car. I fitted medium tyres as I knew these will last 6 laps. My first lap was a 1:09. I took the lead in the first stint and dropped to sixth after the pitstop. I was able to pass all the cars ahead of me finally taking the lead from an apparently none stop NSX.

I've now been interested in the game again by an @praiano63 tune for the TS020 which I used in the ten lap 900PP Le Mans race for an easy win. Six laps at fuel six is good. I then took this car with max Weight and a severely Nerfed engine to the Le Mans rain race for another easy win. I truly hate what they've done to the rain tyre. I can only do two laps on them. If I try for three they turn red and I've got no sodding grip. Driving on the wet parts of the track don't protect the tyres either.

Last edited:
Back