Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,400 comments
For sure. Project Cars 2 inspired liveries. All in two car team liveries with alternate colors/banners/numbers/stripes. Same with the RS500s.
View attachment 1379543
This is actually awesome!!

Cartman Love GIF by South Park

Ooohhhhhhhhhh, suuuuuuuuuuuuure, the GT billionaire gets the 1mil credits. Meanwhile my broke-butt (buying all the car dealership cars now) will get lug nuts for a Mini Cooper.
Don't you know that how the world works? Rich folks get all kind of free stuff just because. Since GT is trying to follow the real world it only makes sense that would find it way into the game 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

That BAC event is funny. The liveries on the AI are gorgeous but I have to wonder if they tested it because half of the AI are driving off the track every other corner. Realistic, I suppose!
Nice to race against such a varied grid in terms of liveries though, I always like the one-makes for that. Made for an easy enough win in a bone stock BAC because of how rubbish they were at not binning it.
1723215006792.png

Knocked out the Spa event as well to finish the daily workout, AI are probably just as awful at Spa (they're certainly slower) so this was a pretty easy win in a '15 Civic I had lying around, about 510pp or so?.
1723215104107.png

Just " clean " weekly races with just 3 of them getting the CRB, never understood when i lost it in Hats while in Fuji the race was wet from the beginning and i did it non stop with tyres gone on last lap.

The good part was that 6* ticket gave a round million witch is way better than any car ( don't expect to win a Valkyrie or something similar ) with many of them have selling price less than half s million.
Weekly griding is done , next week now.

I used the Porsche 992 GT3 RS for the Porsche Cup. It's a decent amount too good for the event if you want a challenge, but I'm happy to report it's still one of the top 5 cars in the game to drive on the new physics, it just seems to go exactly where you want it without any complaint.

Bildschirmfoto 2024-08-09 um 19.01.33.png
:cheers:

Decided to do them all one after the other, one chance only each race - no retreat no surrender ... And this worked, I've cleared the whole set within less than an hour. All the cars were stock more or less, the 917 LL all new to me.

Tsukuba : Porsche 356 Speedster / Comfort Medium / 350 PP / P3 / RT 3:53.108 / CRB
Spa : Honda 2+4 Concept / Sport Hard / 549 PP / P1 / RT 8:07.450 / no CRB
Yamagiwa : Porsche 911 GT3 992 / Sport Hard / 601 PP / P1 / RT 9:06.630 / CRB
Brands Hatch : BAC mono / Sport Medium / 640 PP / P2 / RT 7:55.354 / no CRB
Monsoon Fuji : Porsche 917 LL / Full Wet / 771 PP / P1 / RT 18:27.127 / no CRB

The prize I immediately got rid of :

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240809172848.jpg

I think we really got cool and fun races this week. Guess I'll do the whole set once a day testing different cars or setups.

Fuji in the rain turned out to be more fun than I anticipated. 787B w/Wets, FM1, no stops. Won by nearly a minute. Rained through lap 8, and laps 9 and 10 were uneventful. Wets still had plenty of tread to finish.

I used the Porsche 992 GT3 RS for the Porsche Cup. It's a decent amount too good for the event if you want a challenge, but I'm happy to report it's still one of the top 5 cars in the game to drive on the new physics, it just seems to go exactly where you want it without any complaint.
Absolutely agree. It's a cheat code. Fun, but it overwhelms most in the class easily.

Quite liked this week, even if I did have some issues with Fuji. Usually I really enjoy that race but the first time I tried with a '97 Supra the AI seemed to have about half the amount of tyre wear on a drying track so I had no chance. Went back with my R34 and won by 50 seconds instead with a race that was very wet until the last two laps when it basically dried out. Pitted on lap 7 and ran FM6 the whole way, really fun to drive when it was super wet because the car really wanted to move around a lot. Porsche Cup was at a good track, running out of new cars to use so I used the newest GT3 RS which was complete overkill, fun car to drive though. Tsukuba was surprisingly hard, not sure if it's the grid of cars I had but I ended up quite a bit over the suggested PP to win. Thought the one make race was really easy but realised I must've put SS tyres on at some point, shouldn't be hard to win with SM though.

Weekly cars:
full

Not a bad week.
Tsukuba: Probably my most exciting race. Ran my 365pp(somewhere there) Toyota on CM's and it came down to the last turn. I boxed in Valerio behind the Golf. :lol: CRB
Tsukuba Circuit_ (2) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Brands was a tricky one to figure out. I just slapped on some RS but even with those it still got twitchy. Won by around 7 seconds:
Gran Turismo® 7_20240809155523 by 2cam16, on Flickr
Spa in one of my Civic TR's on SS was easy except for a brake check by an RX7 in the middle of Eau Rouge. Won by a good gap:
Spa 24h layout__1 by 2cam16, on Flickr
Easy Fuji. Started off very wet so went on Wets in my 787. It started drying out on lap 6 or so but I opted to stay out while everyone else pitted. Went in after lap 8 since I had a 20 plus gap. Got on some IM's and won by 37 seconds.
Fuji International Speedway__1 by 2cam16, on Flickr
Kyoto was a doozie. This race I used to have fun with different Porsches in the 650 range. Now I'm a victim of 1.49. The three cars I tried were all of a sudden like skating on ice. I'll have to play around with the tunes one day. Sad though as I used to have fun with this race. Won it by around 7 or so seconds:
Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa_ by 2cam16, on Flickr

Got 500k with the ticket.

Last edited:
Done all 4 first, uneventful. Used RS on the Bac, bad idea, too easy to win.

Still dreaded Fuji to do, with rain 😥 as many above, I'll try the Mazda and hope for the best.

Fuji is easy tbf. All you have to do is not mess up your pit strategy

Pretty much most of the AI will pit 3 times because they're idiots. If you struggle, just drop the TS020 down to 790pp and start on inters (790ish because then you can use hards later if you want or need to). Drop the fuel mode down and you can do the whole race without pitting. Take it easy lap 1, and look for wet track the last 2/3 laps to save your tyres.

Well that Fuji race was easy-peazy in the end (normal difficulty), went on inters and FM6 with the Mazda, driven smoothly and "slowly" and was 1st in the 4th lap, and after that they began pitting once or twice.

I had far too much fuel in the end, lapped 2 cars and was more than a minute in front of 2nd.

6* wheel showed this :
  • Volkswagen ID. R '19 (2M Cr.)
  • Pagani Zonda R '09 (1.8M Cr.)
  • 1M Cr.
  • 500k Cr.
  • 30k Cr.
I'll let you guess what I got...

Nicer tracks for me this week, enjoyable again. Did the wet Fuji with the Jag Gr 1 tunes down, on wets, no stops, left rear worn about 80%, the others quite a bit less for some reason.
6 star ticket gave me a VW VGT (could've been worse, i.e. a parts ticket!) which I sold for Cr 626,010, at peak value! 👍
The daily marathon was a 5-star which gave me Cr 500k, not a bad day at all!

Finished them off today, starting with Fuji. The overkill I've seen in the thread made me chuckle a bit, the game letting you whoop stock GT3 cars with a Gr.C Le Mans car is always quite a funny image.
Was a wet race all the way through for me, drying in the last lap but not enough for it to be worth pitting for. Easy win with a stock R34 GTR GT500 as the AI continue to have an awful pit strategy in the wet.
1723297652842.png

Tsukuba next was actually a bit difficult, the 350pp 'recommendation' is definitely on the low side for this event. Ended up winning with a DS21 on CS tyres, at about 360pp.
1723297715358.png

Porsche Cup is practically the complete opposite. The AI there run about 100 odd pp below the recommended limit for some god foresaken reason, and they're also absolutely terrible at navigating Kyoto with any sense.
The 959 is my favourite Porsche (in the game) so it was an easy choice, and although it's a touch harder to drive than it used to be, it's still a lovely car and made for an easy win with a stock car on SH tyres.
1723299000644.png

Weekly reward gave me the standard 500k. My karma for repeatedly dogging on how bad the AI is I suppose!

Got a few clean races, better than none like last week. This time, I went with what the game recommended to mix things up:

• Sunday Cup Classic - VW Golf I GTI 🔰
  • Japanese FR Challenge - Fairlady Z (Z33) 🔰
  • Porsche Cup - 911 GT3 RS '16 🔰
  • BAC Mono One-Make - 🚫
  • WTC800 - Audi R8 LMS Evo 🚫

Okay rewards:
  • 10k from 4-Star Daily (yesterday)
  • Racing Exhaust for the Urus from 4-Star Daily (today)
  • 500k from 6-Star Ticket

@Nebuc72 I'm probably the Overkill King 👑. I love bringing a bazooka to a knife fight🤣. Anyway I started at Fuji with the 787b
1913cc565fc29-screenshotUrl.jpg

It rained for about 8 laps and I started on wets and pitted on lap 8 and switched to inters to finish
Next I did the Mono race for some strange reason I thought it was the Radical 🤷🏿‍♂️ easy win
I was going to use the 992 but I would have had to adjust the pp so I used the 904 which liked it was under 650 pp but when I chose it it went up over 650. Anyway it was closer race than it needed to be as I had a bad accident going into the last turn and I ended up winning by a couple of seconds
1913cc58dd38-screenshotUrl.jpg

Next I took my highlighter Green GTR for Spa for another win
1913cc5b11460-screenshotUrl.jpg

Finally for the last race I used the GR Corolla
1913cc5cd2216-screenshotUrl.jpg

Got 500k cr from the 6 ⭐🎫

Last edited:
full

Race 1: Tsukuba Circuit - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV
Race 2: Spa 24h Layout - '67 2000GT
Race 3: Kyoto Driving Park - '73 911 Carrera RS
Race 4: Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit - '16 Mono
Race 5: Fuji International Speedway - '91 787B

The races were fairly easy and enjoyable with the cars I used. Fuji was fun with mostly heavy rain for the first 8 laps before it stopped. Never did see the sun but I ran the whole race on heavy wets and FM3 with no stops. I even managed to get the clean race bonus on all the races despite the wet track at Spa and heavy rain at Fuji. The roulette ticket landed on the 500,000 credits right between an Aston Martin Valkyrie and VW IDR. What a tease!

I hope everyone enjoyed their challenge!

Last edited:
Noticed a couple interesting things with the AI. In the Mono race, dunno if it's the new physics but the AI seemed really bad at handling it, going wide and having to slow down on the exit of most corners. And in the Fuji race, I noticed that the AI have much more variation than before on deciding when to pit to change tires, when before they virtually always stopped on the same lap the water bar crossed one of the lines.

... Was a wet race all the way through for me, drying in the last lap but not enough for it to be worth pitting for. Easy win with a stock R34 GTR GT500 as the AI continue to have an awful pit strategy in the wet.
Does it mean it was a no stopper ? W or IM tires ?
Just asking as I'm trying this right now - with the wrong strategy in my race. :rolleyes:

Does it mean it was a no stopper ? W or IM tires ?
Just asking as I'm trying this right now - with the wrong strategy in my race. :rolleyes:
Wet for me but the AI went Wet > IM > Slicks, probably better to switch to slicks but you're already a pit stop ahead by that point so it doesn't matter.

Greetings from the wet shores of South Carolina, as always I start off with the hard race and work my way to the left. That being said the first race was the rainy one at Fuji 🔰.
I chose to make this easy and painless with the Toyota TS050 and I can see why this car did so well at Le Mans in the rain, it sticks to the turns like glue.
1914222ba9d54-10177746eba4528e4c85207fe61d0c8b37c22f9e-999_message_441188175857745_1723391311944.jpg

Next race was the Special Event with the BAC Mono 🚫 (no photos taken in single type events).
Third race, The Porsche Cup @ Yamagiwa.🔰 When having to drive a Porsche, you drive a classic and it was easy.
19142bd101264-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_441190600281750_1723400782350.jpg

Next race the Japanese Sunday Cup s Spa🚫
Pulled a classic out of my garage and it was unstable with the engine swap at full power therefore I detuned it down to a more respectable and manageable 400hp (or so)
Would have gotten clean race except I slid a wide bit off track on lap 3.
19142bc9c3f78-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_441190607069395_1723400808864.jpg

Final race I chose to stay with the Datsun 240Z 🔰and this too was an easy race.
19142bbf3a282-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_441190613242783_1723400832979.jpg

(Photo taken from the Dunlop bridge @ Tsukuba)
The ☆☆☆☆☆☆ ticket gave me the 🪙 of 1 million.

After my Friday night speed run I've now finished my second walkthrough - trying different cars or different setups or just doing better than I did two days ago.

Tsukuba
I did stick with the Porsche 356 here. I had reduced engine power to match the PP suggestion initially but as @Nebuc72 already mentioned, trying to win at 350 PP is a tough stretch.
So what I did was increase power to 77 kW / 370 PP ... that was it. P1 and CRB.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240811153121.jpg

More than two cars racing each other - what a rare occasion.

Spa
After that quirky driving experience with the Honda 2+4 Concept I simply needed something more stable.
So I went with the Sony Afeela and ... ok, it's got a bit of a boat for sure, but all in all it's been a comfy drive and even with the power restrictor set to 90 % / 525 PP it's still overkill at this event. An easy win and CRB.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240811164047.jpg

Singing along with Bob Dylan : The times they are a-changing !

Yamagiwa
Went shopping at Hagerty's for the race and bought the 904 GTS. In a first attempt with the stock car it got obvious the car couldn't really compete with the young guns, so I mounted SM tires, a high range turbo and a racing exhaust for 211 kW / 590 PP and a fantastic race experience. What a machine, what a sound ! P1 and CRB.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240811162540.jpg

Astonishing how small this car is compared to its younger brothers and sisters.

Brands Hatch
I love that track, I especially love it for sectors 2 and 3 with four consecutive right turns that need this perfect timing. And I do not want the AI to wait for me there at exactly every apex with a tendency to lose their rear thereafter. My BAC's still got its stock setup, I've snatched P1 a couple times now but I'm still waiting for a CRB. Forever ... possibly.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240811165642.jpg

Five seconds into the final lap ... and there goes the Clean Race Bonus.

Fuji
I'm a bloody noob developing race strategies, even more when weather comes into play. So I really fiddled a lot with it and the setup of my GT-R. I honestly think the win came accidentally, using full wets, a mid range turbo at 90 % / 707 PP with FM 5 for a no stopper. Went out of fuel on the final straight but who cares ... a win is a win. No CRB though.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240811171743.jpg

If PD ever creates an event series called Sunshine Cup, count me in.

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Back