Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,415 comments
Eiger Reverse? 😂
Go Away GIF

Finally a special event that I will want to do more than once! Another great week of events and the credit tickets are back. I wonder if the reward tickets will be the standard moving forward?

Looks good. Always happy to see credit rewards!

What are the usual car requirements for the "All Japan GT Car Championship" races? Just a PP limit, or are there other requirements, too?

My cars for this week:
European Sunday Cup 400: TVR Tuscan Speed 6 - Stock / SH tires
I think the first time I've ever really driven that car in GT7. Not easy to drive, the rear is really loose. But once you get a hang of it, you can do some nice drifts with it around that track.

Japanese 4WD Challenge 600: NISMO 400R - Stock but with RH tires
That car drives like a dream with Racing Tires

Special Event at Eiger Nordwand: V40 T5 - Slightly tuned, SM tires

Race of Turbo Sports Cars: Nissan Skyline Super Silhouette - Stock / RH tires
Just realized you could use race cars for this races.
That Super Silhouette has a massive turbo punch. Overpowered for that race, but had blast driving it.

WTC800 Suzuka: CLK-LM '98 - Stock with RM / Inter tires
Looks like that one got nerfed. I used to do 800pp races with it with RH tires when it was stock to be under 800
Now I can put on RM tires and still be under 800
wtc800.png

My weapons for the week, I went a little OP 😜

Japanese AWD Express
Car: R32 GT-R Nismo ‘90 (V6 TT)
Race time: 3:43.850
Lap: 1:49.884

American Clubman Cup 700
Car: Corvette C7 ZR1 ‘19
Race time: 5:14.380
Lap: 1:01.471

Porsche Cup
Car: Cayman GT4 Clubsport ‘16
Race time: 7:17.600
Lap: 7:17.600

Hypercar Parade
Car: Ferrari F40 (V12)
Race time: 10:27.094 (1 spin 🤣)
Lap: 3:26.253

All Japan GT Car Championship
Car: Ferrari F40 (V8TT)
Race time: 13:36.464
Lap: 1:41.524

All cars way overpowered, the Corvette was pulling 380kph, the Ferrari V12 F40 was off the clock (400kph??) at LeMans😁

Attachments

• IMG_2736.jpeg
    IMG_2736.jpeg
    265.8 KB · Views: 4
Liked this week, nice mix of cars and tracks with a lot of stuff you can use. Nurburgring was probably the highlight, always fun in road cars especially when it starts raining, absolutely could've had another lap of that. The American Car Cup race is a little weird because there's two cars that are considerably faster than the others, they were doing over 350 km/h on the front straight. All Japan GT was fun, but I don't really understand the AI where the NSX sat right behind me all race but the rest were 22 seconds behind the two of us, maybe the rest could be a bit closer. However I did enjoy those races with the interesting mix of cars, I hope PD can come up with some more in a similar vein, something like 90s DTM would be really cool. Main thing I want is more races with weather or time of day changes, especially for road cars.

Cars for this week:
full

Cars this week.:)
Untitled-2.jpg

Race 1 - Japanese 4WD Challenge 600

Car - Semi Tune.
Tires - SS
Gran Turismo® 7_20240823000853.jpg

Race 2 - American Clubman Cup 700

Car - Fully Tune Viper
Tires - SS
Gran Turismo® 7_20240823002357.jpg

Race 3 - Porsche Cup.

Car - Semi Tune.
Tires - SS
Gran Turismo® 7_20240823003500.jpg

Race 4 - Hypercar Parade.

Car - Semi Tune.
Tires - SS
Gran Turismo® 7_20240823004917.jpg

Race 5 - Special Event- I finished 3 Cause on lap 5 MY p1 snap at me making me go off.

Extra Picture.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240823010951.jpg

Please PD add more real tracks to unstuck from Autopolis!!!!!
Full Motegi with all course (oval included) would be awesome. I'm also missing Sepang, since it's gone to F1, it's gone from most game too and it's a fun track to drive imo.

But I diverge, nice that we get money and not random stuff, I prefer this kind of reward to parts or random money price.

weekly-challenge-202408w4-r1.jpg

Tokyo Expressway - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. SCP '99 - Threw on some SS tires and went to town. The car got a little squirrely under braking in a few spots, but had no problem blasting past the field for an easy win and the first ticket.

weekly-challenge-202408w4-r2.jpg

High Speed Ring - Eckert's Mach Forty - I put on SS tires, but left it otherwise unchanged. This car was way too much. I was by the entire field early into the second lap. Easy win.

weekly-challenge-202408w4-r3.jpg

Nordschleife - Porsche 911 GT3 (997) '09 - I ran out of undriven Porsches, so I went back to the heavily modified one that I had originally used to get through the menu books. It already had a 650PP tune on SH tires, but it was impossible to drive. After a few aborted attempts with it, I gave up and switched to SS tires with the stock suspension tune and limited the power until it was back down to 650PP. That made the car usable again and I gave the race a shot. Caught up to Carrazza on the final straight, but lost it trying to get by him in the final corners. Had to settle for P2. Whatever. Good enough for the second ticket.

weekly-challenge-202408w4-r4.jpg

Le Mans - Dodge SRT Tomahawk S VGT - Hypercars? I'll show you hyper. It was my first time driving the Tomahawk S. That car is insane. No modifications. Easy win.

weekly-challenge-202408w4-r5.jpg

Autopolis - Toyota Supra GT500 '97 - This was a fun race. I ran on RS tires. I think the car was otherwise stock, but I know I've driven this car for other events, so it might have some modifications that I've forgotten about. As far as the race goes, I got by most of the field by the end of lap 5. I was in P2. Drumont in the GT-R had a 7-second lead. I thought I might have to settle for second, but the rubberbanding kicked in and by the end of lap 7 I had caught up and took the lead. Got the win and the final ticket.

Some decent races this week. I enjoyed it.

Edit: All done on Normal difficulty, btw.

Last edited:
Back