Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,448 comments
I'll probably run this week's challenges because I like the JGTC special event. Speaking of JGTC racing, this video came out on YT a couple weeks ago. A bit of history on the JGTC:

Lots of great old video of the JGTC cars. Tons of liveries to try to recreate. Pretty cool documentary.

Last edited:
JGTC at Autopolis - what's not to like :) I used the GT-R GT500 '18 and won comfortably, albeit on RS tyres and not stock. Hard difficulty though.

I know this has been said many times already, but if only this series was not just a special event - and, dear lord, can it be just a bit more realistic (fuel and tyre wear, for starters)?

Otherwise, any excuse for a race at Autopolis is good for me - I'd love to actually go to Autopolis one day.

The 2&4 was easy in the Hypercar at Le Mans
1918060d7596-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_441444853478396_1724393958899.jpg
1918062045e24-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_441444847828563_1724393936830.jpg

A new randomiser update is rolling out as I write this, and it's the most requested feature I've been asked for - the ability to save is being added.

This means:
  • Once you click save, the site will remember your saved choices if you load up again for the rest of the week.
  • There is now also a history page that will show you your previous choices and how difficult they were. Brag about being hardcore! Or just look back at cheesing things with the Ferrari VGT, I don't judge!
Note that it's just cookie-based, nothing is permanently saved, so if you clear your cache you will lose your historical data.

A new randomiser update is rolling out as I write this, and it's the most requested feature I've been asked for - the ability to save is being added.

This means:
  • Once you click save, the site will remember your saved choices if you load up again for the rest of the week.
  • There is now also a history page that will show you your previous choices and how difficult they were. Brag about being hardcore! Or just look back at cheesing things with the Ferrari VGT, I don't judge!
Note that it's just cookie-based, nothing is permanently saved, so if you clear your cache you will lose your historical data.
You should push a bit further and build a weekly event randomizer, that way PD could have better ideas 😁

I haven't seen any topics started about this yet. So I guess I'll start.

Update 1.40 has brought us Weekly Challenges.

Here is this week's.

View attachment 1299982

The races seem to pay out the standard amount for each event (CRB is available, too), plus ticket rewards for completing 1, 3, or all 5 races.

Feel free to discuss vehicles used for each event or if you're having any difficulty with a particular event, or maybe even a challenging/fun car combination you tried!
First race I got to run with tomahawk it was crazy lol

I was about to finish the last race, but my dad unplugged the Wi-Fi router because he was replacing it. I'll still count it as complete though. Just need to go again in hopes of getting a Clean Sweep:
  • Japanese 4WD Challenge - GT-R '17 🔰
  • American Clubman Cup - C6 ZR1 🔰
  • Porsche Cup - 918 Spyder 🔰
  • Hypercar Parade - Genesis Gran Berlinetta VGT 🔰
  • JGTC - Supra GT500

JGTC at Autopolis - what's not to like :) I used the GT-R GT500 '18 and won comfortably, albeit on RS tyres and not stock. Hard difficulty though.
I know this has been said many times already, but if only this series was not just a special event - and, dear lord, can it be just a bit more realistic (fuel and tyre wear, for starters)?
I hope PD doesn’t add fuel and tire wear. I think it would limit the creativity of car choice. I did the JGTC event in a Viper tuned to GTS-R specs. The variety is what makes it fun, to me. I do agree though, make it a permanent series.
Otherwise, any excuse for a race at Autopolis is good for me - I'd love to actually go to Autopolis one day.
I love Autopolis as well. Very technical and I always miss T1 at least once a race.

Well what can I say? What I thought would be a good week turned out to be one of my worse. lol
Nordschleife: Another victim to the 1.49 update are my Porsche 992's. I've previously won this race a couple of times with a stock one that fell below the PP. Now it's over it and I'm in no mood to detune it. So I had to grab an old 911 that slipped and slid all over. Rain started halfway until the finish line. I was in 3rd closing in on second until I met Barry R in one of my offs. Was able to salvage 3rd. I doubt if I'll reattempt not unless I can figure out a good detuned car:
Nürburgring Nordschleife_ by 2cam16, on Flickr
Hypercars was in a car I had never driven, Aston Martin VGT. Pretty decent car on RS. Had a battle with an Enzo on the second lap but by the last lap I held a 6 second lead until the finish.
24 Heures du Mans race track_ (2) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Autopolis: Always love racing here but my GTR just couldn't handle the AI who did the usual "I'm jetting off because the human driver is catching up...". Finished second.
Autopolis International Racing Course_ (4) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Ahhhh HSR Reverse. I tried with the suggested PP with this Mustang on RS. By the end of lap 2 I was in the lead and thought I was looking good. Then I noticed Serrano just FLYING on the straight. (replay showed he was up at least 30mph on me) Last lap I had the lead until the final straight. I tried to rage and block him,run him into the wall,didn't work. LOL I'm bringing the big guns tomorrow. F that 700pp. :lol:
High Speed Ring Reverse_ by 2cam16, on Flickr
Tokyo was about my most serene race of the day. Easy win with the EVO Final:
Tokyo Expressway - East Clockwise_ by 2cam16, on Flickr

Ran the races this week. Didn’t finish the JGTC because the physics in the game are terrible. It should have been a fun and tight race like we had on the very first JGTC race they did at Fuji, but unpredictable tire grip, a complete lack of front end feel and absolutely unrealistic physics made it joyless.

The new physics has sucked all the fun out of the game. It is a major step backwards in the overall experience. As much as Gran Tourismo wants to think it is “The Real Driving Simulator” there is nothing realistic about how these cars drive and handle anymore.

There is no front end feel in any of the cars even with FFB at 10. There is no front end grip or bite on braking or turn in. Cars spin their tires through 4th gear even with traction control on. You touch a blade of grass and you immediately spin out. The car grips, then slips, then grips and slips again in any of the long sustained turns.

No car in the real world handles like this and pretty much every car I drive with the new physics does one if not many of the things I’ve listed. Even the AI can’t drive straight on the track. It’s a complete **** show out there.

I’m sorry to say, but I think I’m done playing this game. I would have loved to just have grown out of playing it while having a great memory of it but I feel like I’m being forced out of the game because the designers think they need to keep changing things to make it feel fresh. They did a major blunder changing the physics in the last update. It was great the way it used to be. It’s too bad they couldn’t stick with a good thing.

Finished these today. SOmething still broken with the physics of the game. I was using my ZR1 Vette at HSR-R and going into T1 lightly touching the brakes if felt like a ghost grabbed the wheel and jerked it to the left. I tried to correct but the same ghost was pulling to the right and left. So odd. It felt like a strut had snapped or something.

Smashed into the inside wall and that was that. Had to pick something else to complete this race.

And I agree, between Jose and Emily's cars' straight line speed that ruined this race. So stupid. I was not expecting that at all, came home P3 as Emily passed on the final straight of the final lap and don't even care.

I don't know when I get to do that final JGTC race so I thought I show what I have up to now. I can say I've finished the eRacing part of this week's challenges ;) ... means I've done and won the first four events with electric vehicles. To sum it up it's all been a quite enjoyable experience - a bit different from what I expected honestly - but enjoyable !

The great thing with driving electric vehicles is their instant massive power delivery that put me into some kind of really relaxed race mood mostly. All I did was stay patient, set my car up perfectly for corner exit ... and overtake. And this applied to each of them four races.

Tokyo Expressway East
May sound weird but the Afeela destroyed the competition here. There's not much fun to have with the car but it's very stable, predictable and quick. Got the win including CRB at the first attempt.

WC1_R.jpg

Sony Afeela / fully stock / SH tires / 540 PP / RT 4:52,227 / FL 2:24,166

High Speed Ring
Started with the fully stock Tesla and came in third. And I was, well, ok with the result because you can't expect a Model 3 to beat a C8 or a GAC Maverick running 325 km/h down the main straight, right ? Then I got ambitious, slapped on SS tires and an adjustable ECU and had another go. Became second this time when the Maverick got stuck in AI traffic. My final attempt brought rain, a lot of rain. And since the AI always gets overcautious on a wet track I finally could snatch a win. With CRB. Oops ! :lol:

WC2b_R.jpg

Tesla Model 3 / stock except tires and ECU / SS tires / 625 PP / RT 6:43,997 / FL 1:18,821

Nürburgring Nordschleife
The Taycan is the sexiest car of them four imo, I expected high performance and I had been totally positive before race start. It then turned out to be a real challenge. Not for the race pace, not for the moving road blocks you meet, not for the track as is but for the 2.3 tons of weight of the car that you have to handle for each and every moment around the Green Hell. It's literally a real handful that doesn't leave much room for mistakes. It took a couple of tries to adapt, using the fully stock version and I finally came in second. Since I simply couldn't close up to Carrazza in time to have a chance to attack, I then changed to SS tires. It's been a hell of a hunt, sheer adrenaline, but I got him right before Schwalbenschwanz and was able to defend for the victory.

WC3_R.jpg

Porsche Taycan / stock except tires / SS tires / 645 PP / RT 7:17,763 / FL 7:17,763

Le Mans
Cakewalk ! I don't think there's many cars that can handle 850 hp on SM tires like the Skoda VGT does. :D I passed the leader at the beginning of lap 2 and cruised to the win including CRB at the first attempt.

WC4_R.jpg

Skoda VGT / stock except tires / SM tires / power restricted to 785 PP / RT 11:33,591 / FL 3:48,681

Autopolis
Soon ! Not a PD soon ... :cheers:

Edit 20240828

Autopolis
Business as usual ! The second attempt brought the win using my Wilwood GT-R after having finished the first run at K. Drumont's rear bumper with a way slower setup.

WC5_R.jpg

Nissan GT-R GT500 / stock except tires and turbo / RM tires / 769 PP / RT 14:05,539 / FL 1:44,666

Last edited:
Did this early this morning. Started at Autopolis and I went through a few cars because I kept spinning out dealing with snap oversteer. I chose the NSX and got in a groove and my wife came up front so I watched TV with her until she fell asleep then it was back to Autopolis. Used the NSX again got to the 5th lap and got spun by the AI not once but twice. I felt the AI in this race was worst than usual. So I grabbed the Valkyrie to dominate this race. Which I did but I got to lap 4 and my spinout issues returned. I lost a 39 second lead to being down 5 seconds.
But I figured out what was causing it. Whenever I would go off the track I would start counter steering and the car snap quickly to other side and then I would turn to the opposite side and then boom the car is out of control. And this was all at full speed. So to rectify this I started lifting off the gas and let the car stabilize a few seconds before counter steering. That worked for me.
Next I took Huayra to the Hyper car race
I used my favorite Porsche the 904 to the Ring for. A 3rd finish as I didn't have a perfect race and the 09 911 is a beast.
I took a swapped Delorean to High Speed Ring for an easy win .
Then I used a stock 97 GTR to Tokyo what a lovely car. On to next week

Today was redemption day: Been awhile since I drove this Audi that used to be my grind car but 1.49 messed it up. Took it to Autopolis and it was a sleeper. Half a lap win. lol
Autopolis International Racing Course_ (5) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Then I called my buddy Shane from Down Under. He mightily obliged to help and put away the Vette and Maverick with his 759pp Camaro.
High Speed Ring Reverse_ (2) by 2cam16, on Flickr

Did the JGTC event, was really fun and I loved it! ...Except when the McLaren flat-out rammed me.

Just a random question, Is it just me or the better your position the more arrogant the A.I. gets?

I play on easy and since 1.49 I've been rammed many times by A.I. drivers.

Did the JGTC event, was really fun and I loved it! ...Except when the McLaren flat-out rammed me.

Just a random question, Is it just me or the better your position the more arrogant the A.I. gets?

I play on easy and since 1.49 I've been rammed many times by A.I. drivers.
AI loose their respect way before 1.49 as i remember especially on easy mod.

Last edited:
AI loose their respect way before 1.49 as i remember especially on easy mod.

Do you think they're worse than Hard for aggression? I've always found/thought they were more passive/docile on easy mode.

Perhaps as slower, more likely to backoff in turns, rather than probe and nudge.

Last edited:
B80
Do you think they're worse than Hard for aggression? I've always found/thought they were more passive/docile on easy mode.

Perhaps as slower, more likely to backoff in turns, rather than probe and nudge.
Definitely are worst on easy than hard.
It's just that if someone have a way faster car , didn't realise that as he doesn't spend time among them.

Still remember a chilly race at Daytona than couldn't won no matter what, cause the AI always push me out .
Change to hard and won first try without any ramming etc.
Perhaps in easy mod the driving is more careless with more mistakes and not only slower.

Got a bit bored with the game lately and didn't play much. So I decided to just have fun on easy mode with this weeks challenges. Driving some cars I've rarely driven, looking for some nice liveries.

Race 1: Tokyo East Field deployment: Tokyo East
I got an emergency call and was ordered to get to our Tokyo headquarters asap. Looks like another experiment went wrong. Damn, how often does this happen?
Anyway, I'm on the way now. No idea what's going on there on the expressway today. Just a few cars but everyone's driving like crazy and no one cares about my flashing lights. Damn, I hope this isn't already a result of whatever went wrong there.... I have to pass 'em all, I need to get there as fast as I can....May god have mercy on our souls..... (Close P1)
1000014314.png

Race 2 - High Speed Ring
Hm, an American car I have rarely ever driven? Bingo! That was indeed a lot of fun! Drives pretty well, easy victory. Just don't even think about touching the brakes while steering. Absolutely deadly with this car!
1000014324.png

Race 3 - Nordschleife
Wanted to use the swapped 356 A but it's so hard to drive that it's pretty much the exact opposite of "having fun". So I went with a stock Carrera GTS 904. Very pleasant drive! I thought it's an easy win anyway so I wasn't really pushing. Then came the rain.... I got within sight of P2 and P1 but couldn't catch up because of the slicks. So just P3 here, but that's ok.
1000014326.png

Race 4: Le Mans
Hm, which Hypercar shall I choose? Oh, I know....I will choose the Suzuki! Very easy victory although I had a little accident on the first lap.
1000014327.png

Race 5: Autopolis
Well, I hate this track and there's no way to make this fun but ofc I wanted those 500k. So I did what I had to do.
1000014328.png

Last edited:
Forgive me father for I have sinned 🙏🏻

View attachment 1383568

It would probably take half the time if I had any idea how to drive this thing.
Now I do not feel as guilty for doing my OP cars on tracks I dislike...
Giggling from the back of the church

R5 - Forgive us.jpg

I care much more about learning how to drive the Chaparral 2X than playing fair with the AI -- I don't hate Autopolis, but I don't love it either.
If I return to this event, I'll bring 750-900pp+ road cars.

Aside from the atmosphere and liveries, I love that these special events are free-for-alls.

Finished these today. SOmething still broken with the physics of the game. I was using my ZR1 Vette at HSR-R and going into T1 lightly touching the brakes if felt like a ghost grabbed the wheel and jerked it to the left. I tried to correct but the same ghost was pulling to the right and left. So odd. It felt like a strut had snapped or something.

Smashed into the inside wall and that was that. Had to pick something else to complete this race.

And I agree, between Jose and Emily's cars' straight line speed that ruined this race. So stupid. I was not expecting that at all, came home P3 as Emily passed on the final straight of the final lap and don't even care.
That’s strange I used my ZR-1 Stock and smashed the field!! The car felt amazing too.. it’s one of my Favorite cars in the game!

Latest Posts

Back