Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,475 comments
If I remember I'll take screenshots of my settings this afternoon.
My bad, it was 579pp. Here it is if you're still interested:
Gran Turismo® 7_20240914141153 by 2cam16, on Flickr
Gran Turismo® 7_20240914141202 by 2cam16, on Flickr

Tried less lethal cars at RBR and Brands Hatch. Under the suggested PP Mazda 3 with around 270hp. Fun race as I only passed Mikail in the last turn!
Red Bull Ring__1 (3) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Mildly tuned E30 on SS was a win with a 7 second margin:
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_ (2) by 2cam16, on Flickr

As always I start the weekly races with the harder ones, and this week is no different with the exception of picking cars more relevant to the race.
It was all good races and no problems and the one I had the most fun was the Porsche one make at Eiger.
Here are the photos of my week.
Gardens
191f343465f5-10177746eba4528e4c85207fe61d0c8b37c22f9e-999_message_441948214357919_1726360212335.jpg

Willow Springs
191f343674b47-10177746eba4528e4c85207fe61d0c8b37c22f9e-999_message_441948217997608_1726360226553.jpg

Eiger
191f343a4ce93-10177746eba4528e4c85207fe61d0c8b37c22f9e-999_message_441948221338688_1726360239604.jpg

Red Bull
191f343bdb986-10177746eba4528e4c85207fe61d0c8b37c22f9e-999_message_441948226104641_1726360258221.jpg

Brands Hatch
191f343fe7719-10177746eba4528e4c85207fe61d0c8b37c22f9e-999_message_441948230378126_1726360274914.jpg

Gardens was a surprise for me .
Wasn't aware of the rain and picked a car that hates rain , i only won due to AI pitstops 😵‍💫
Willow restarted 2 times due to tyre wear that was huge especially on left front.

Didn't expect to say it but i agree with @jrbabbitt that the most entertaining race is with Porsche at Eiger!!!!!
Also it's a very well pay race with CRB for less than 7 minutes .
I run this both models, different tyre types from SH to SS and the most entertaining version(518 pp if i remember well )was on SS tyres with none engine upgrades, weight etc.
The swapped version i had was a disaster.
He wants to fly in the cliff or dig a hole in the mountain 🤣

And just in case someone interesting to test it here is my set up
IMG_20240915_075605046_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240915_075627078_HDR.jpg

Also are installed
Racing pads, brakes ,air filter, manifold,muffler , crank shaft, clutch and body rigidity .
Balanced and entertaining ride .

Last edited:
A fairly easy set:
  • European FR Challenge - DB11 🔰
  • Japanese 4WD Challenge - GTO 🔰
  • Special Event - 356 Speedster 🔰
  • WRC - Impreza Rally Car 🚫
  • WTC700 - Mitsubishi VGT 🔰

Just 10k from 4-Star Daily, but every penny counts.
I always wonder what those symbols mean. Care to explain?

Enjoyed the Nissan Gr. B car at Willow enough to use it for the 700PP event. I need to redo the special event. My swapped and maxed out 356 was too much car for that delightful short track.

I guess a weekly reset? Something "fresh"?

Gr.3 at Tokyo?
🌶️ race at Monza?
Kei cars at Lago?
Gr.1 Daytona?
Insert One Make race at Deep Forest?

Eiger... AGAIN?! What in the bloody xxx is the PD's obsession with this track?

I'm going to do the easy three for the 300k, but won't do the last two. I have all the cars and not desperate enough for the credits of selling whatever car I get in the 6* to suffer thru the Eiger GrB race whatsoever.

Eiger... AGAIN?! What in the bloody xxx is the PD's obsession with this track?

I'm going to do the easy three for the 300k, but won't do the last two. I have all the cars and not desperate enough for the credits of selling whatever car I get in the 6* to suffer thru the Eiger GrB race whatsoever.

I don't particularly like this track tbh, but not overly surprised PD are constantly selecting it for now, given its relatively new to gt7. That's likely the cause of their 'obsession'.

Bowaaah.... One more meh week....

There are days when we play GT7 and we get a nice experience, and there are days we get down because we realize how much potential is wasted by PD.

The weekly challenge is nothing but a waste of a good idea.

Imagine having 5 (!!!) special events, imagine having special increased payouts or special rewards (invitations tickets or even the invitation cars itself for example), imagine having raised up difficult AI to live up the word "challenge".

I can imagine, but apparently PD can't.

Last edited:
Bowaaah.... One more meh week....

There are days when we play GT7 and we get a nice experience, and there are days we get down because we realize how much potential is wasted by PD.

The weekly challenge is nothing but a waste of a good idea.

Imagine having 5 (!!!) special events, imagine having special increased payouts or special rewards (invitations tickets or even the invitation cars itself for example), imagine having raised up difficult IA to live up the word "challenge".

I can imagine, but apparently PD can't.
I'm right there with you.

Now of course I'm not a programmer and I have no idea what goes into crafting a Special Event for the weeklies.

It does however take me minutes to set up an interesting custom race and I refuse to believe it would take PD that much longer to do the same.

Last edited:
Race 1 - BMW Z8 '01 - put SS and enoyed in race I easily won.
How is it possible to play the weeklies in Croatia, which is the same time zone as mine, now while I'll wait until tomorrow 9:00AM to access those? Not that I would want to do them right now, but I am curious to understand.

How is it possible to play the weeklies in Croatia, which is the same time zone as mine, now while I'll wait until tomorrow 9:00AM to access those? Not that I would want to do them right now, but I am curious to understand.
It's not dependent on the time zone, but the time zone your console thinks it is. Have it set to UTC+12 and you can play when the Australians do.

Don't go mucking about with it too much though. Changing time zone manually prevents rewards - like those from the weekly challenges, or daily marathon - from dropping for at least the current set.

It's not dependent on the time zone, but the time zone your console thinks it is. Have it set to UTC+12 and you can play when the Australians do.

Don't go mucking about with it too much though. Changing time zone manually prevents rewards - like those from the weekly challenges, or daily marathon - from dropping for at least the current set.
That's what I was thinking, and I don't want to risk affecting the rewards so I'll wait. Not sure why people change that setting, furthermore if it is to do all weeklies in one go (except for content creators eventually)

The 3 races that @zaxs has done were from last weeks (September Week 2), not the upcoming new one.

So since Eiger has been released has there been one week that it wasn't the WC. The weekly Challenge RNG algorithm needs to be reset I think 🤣

The 6* ticket remains a mystery, could be a car which means sell price could be from 300k up to 500k much or less.
Anyway, I'll take it , hopefully isn't 6* parts and 6* ticket that usually PD gives .

Other than that, i must have race more than 25 times the 356 at Eiger 😱 .
CRB is in the middle but is due to searching faster lap and sometimes mistakes happen .
Notice that CRB isn't clear there , they are times you think ok, i lost it and still you get it and times that makes you wonder why the hell I didn't get it .
Also the guy named Barnet ( i think) is the faster guy out there and some times have enough margin from the second AI.
Had enough time to enjoy at weekly races

If it was a part or engine ticket, it would be written. So it is a 6*, min prize = 500k in Cr., or 1M Cr., or a car with value betwen 500k and 3M640k (not selling value of course, PD could not allow that)
I know , just saying that isn't two tickets with the one being parts which is usually the cream of crap 😂

Not the most exciting choice of events this week but nothing awful.

For the Japanese 4WD Challenge I happened to have a very recently built 600PP Evo VI so I went with that.
IMG_0925.jpeg
IMG_0926.jpeg

For the Porsche special event I went with the 365 Coupe. I don’t remember the specs but I think it’s pretty much stock except for the racing exhaust and sport tires. I actually enjoy Eiger a lot and prefer the non reverse version so this was a nice event.
IMG_0928.jpeg

For the FR Challenge at Brands I simply looked at what I had and went with the Alfa 8C as I haven’t driven it much lately. Completely stock and drives very nicely in my opinion. Looks good too.
IMG_0929.jpeg

Wasn’t very excited about Gr B at Willow so I simply chose the car I owned with the most PP just to get it done. I can’t remember if it’s stock or not but I think I added softer tires and maybe something else.
IMG_0930.jpeg

I wasn’t paying attention when I entered the Dragon Tail event and didn’t realize it had fuel and tire consumption turned on. My first attempt in the JGTC replica wasn’t successful as I had to make two stops even with FM6. Haven’t done the track much in reverse so I could use a test run anyway.

For the second attempt I went with one of my NSX:s (I have five of them in different liveries for custom races.) a slight detune with a restrictor to get within the 700PP limit. A quick rain shower passed by in the race but not enough for a tire change.
IMG_0931.jpeg
IMG_0932.jpeg

I’m currently using normal difficulty for the race so none of them were very hard. When I want a challenge I mostly do custom races which uses a separate setting for difficulty anyway.

Back