Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,722 comments
Loved the idea for the DTM.

I wish this could be a chilli series across multiple tracks, maybe 4 or 5 chillies
Enjoyed it until about lap 3/4, won by 20+ in the end. Admittedly I used Racing Soft (with the Alfa 155) and probably could have dumbed the tires down a bit. Will try again with Sports Soft maybe

Also a couple of Sophy races as part of the set might be fun in future.

Decent set of races though, annoyingly I'd already done the St Croix race yesterday afternoon so it was a quick repeat for me. I always forget to hold off on doing the new races until the Friday challenges come out!

Got these done. Pretty easy with the cars I used (normal difficulty).

View attachment 1394318
Brands Hatch - Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08 - Upgraded the tires to SS, but otherwise stock. Blew past everyone. Easy win. First ticket achieved.

View attachment 1394324
Nurburgring Nordschleife - Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series '20 - Upgraded to SS tires, but otherwise stock. This car can go! I was caught off-guard a few times by its speed and went off the track as a result. It was fun, easy win.

View attachment 1394339
Monza - Ferrari VGT - You want hyper? I'll give you hyper. This car made all the others look like they were standing still. No modifications. Won by over a minute. Second ticket achieved.

View attachment 1394340
Sainte Croix - Nissan GT-R NISMO '17 - Upgraded to SS tires, as usual. The car was fine. I misjudged braking points a few times and ended up going into the wall on one occasion. Still, it was another easy win.

View attachment 1394345
Nurburgring Sprint - Ford Sierra RS 500 Cosworth '87 and Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93 - I did one lap with the Ford -- unmodified except for SS tires -- and it was obvious that this car was going to need some modifications to be competitive. The rest of the cars just drove off into the distance. I didn't feel like spending the time and credits on upgrading it, so I switched the Alfa. Easy win. Final ticket achieved.
Do you paint just the cars you post each week like this or are all of your cars painted this way and how long does it take you to do each car?

Yeah. Just go with the Alfa. This was luck(after five tries) of getting a lead 190 E to hold up the Alfas each lap at the back straight. Was able to dispatch cars early in the race as they were sliding/understeering/oversteering/trying-to-block-my-trajectory-as-usual mid-corner at T4 & T6. Used TCS 2 and blocked the inside lines from T1-T4 & T5 hairpin. The lead 190 E was catching me on the front straight and crazy late braking for the final laps. It was fighting the Alfas on the last lap which helped me get a gap exiting the final chicane.

IMG_5286.jpeg

Wonder if the next one will be at Red Bull Ring. That might be even tougher.

Do you paint just the cars you post each week like this or are all of your cars painted this way and how long does it take you to do each car?
I usually do the liveries right after making my picks. It takes 5-10 minutes per car. The design is pretty simple and I've done it enough times now that I can bang them out pretty quick. It can take a little longer for cars that get weird with the body panel arrangement (eg. when the roof is considered 'Other' instead of 'Body'), but for most cars it isn't much effort.

I might have the unpopular opinion but these races were a little underwhelming to me.

• Schwartzwald race had no tire wear so I just used the BMW VGT with full wet tires.
  • DTM race had no tire wear, no weather, no fuel consumption.... Used my new Alfa and basically destroyed the grid. Won by 30 seconds. Thought it was an okay race, but it wasnt that fun.

I might have the unpopular opinion but these races were a little underwhelming to me.

• Schwartzwald race had no tire wear so I just used the BMW VGT with full wet tires.
  • DTM race had no tire wear, no weather, no fuel consumption.... Used my new Alfa and basically destroyed the grid. Won by 30 seconds. Thought it was an okay race, but it wasnt that fun.
You need to choose the right car in order for it to be fun.

The DTM race is made up with cars looking like DTM cars, but most are just road cars with a DTM livery and some tuning. It could be interesting to be able to change the fuel tank so we can do races with fuel consumption with road cars.

You need to choose the right car in order for it to be fun.

The DTM race is made up with cars looking like DTM cars, but most are just road cars with a DTM livery and some tuning. It could be interesting to be able to change the fuel tank so we can do races with fuel consumption with road cars.
I can agree with that. too bad we cant use the Audi RS5

OK, so NOW that we KNOW PD can do this, I hope they bring this to Sport Mode!!

This is what so many of us have been asking for!! Something other than the GR races and the same old venue. This would be epic!!

OK, so NOW that we KNOW PD can do this, I hope they bring this to Sport Mode!!

This is what so many of us have been asking for!! Something other than the GR races and the same old venue. This would be epic!!
Unfirtunately most of top players/aliens would complain why is not a Gr.3/Gr.4 race, I have the impression that top players comments are what have driven most of PD decisions on the sport mode

The thing is, you can't go using an over powered car for the event, overpower the event, and then say the event wasn't fun. Also, the events are not set up to be maximum difficulty. Try it with the old 911, no mods, and see how things turn out.
I used my 190E 2.3, modded up and engine swapped. I need to tune it better because it's a little wild and I ran on RM tires. I came 2nd by 3 seconds. I was the fastest car on the grid, but that wasn't enough.

I want to say that the AI put on a GREAT display of what it can do!! It was really fun!!

Yes, of course, if I wanted to guarantee first place, I should have taken the Alfa. OR, since I didn't see any restrictions, why not the 956??

These events are as easy or as difficult as you want to make them. If you make it easy on yourself, don't complain that it was easy.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY wish the handicap bonus came back

Unfirtunately most of top players/aliens would complain why is not a Gr.3/Gr.4 race, I have the impression that top players comments are what have driven most of PD decisions on the sport mode
I dunno, I'm pretty good. Fairly vocal as well. I think it's awesome. I disagree that the "top players/aliens" are the one driving the decisions. Those guys can and will drive anything.

Last edited:
Back