Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,773 comments
The Alfa is still the meta. With the same weight/power ratio it's 1s faster on quarter mile than the bmw!
Fortunatly, you can beat the weekly challenge with others cars like the bmw or, more difficult, with the merc 190. I don't like the sierra hanling and the old volvo 240 is under powered to win.

2) Schwarzwald League @ Nurburgring Nordschleife

Always love to drive in the Green Hell! Rando sent me here with the 996 GT3, and since I had one that I randomly widened some time ago for apparently no reason I decided to give it the 700pp Praiano setup. It was based on RH tires, but around sector 3 it started to rain and the map showed dark blue clouds as well. So I quit the race, switched to inters, and had a wonderful dry race. Go figure. Car is wonderful to drive though, gonna bring it to LM for some money grind as well.

View attachment 1395452
I hate to break it to you, but the 996 GT3 is too thirsty to be good at Le Mans 700. It can win on Easy, but you have to pit every other lap, even on FM6. There needs to be an engine swap from the 911 RSR for it pronto.

Thinking it would be appropriate given the presence of the Group 4 Alfa, and not feeling like spending the time tuning any of my cars, I tried the DTM race using the stock Group 4 AMG SLS. I didn't expect it to be quite so underpowered against these Touring Cars as I finished 13th!

Thankfully, it's a really engaging and fun contest and I'll be speccing-up a more appropriate car soon to repeat.

The Alfa is still the meta. With the same weight/power ratio it's 1s faster on quarter mile than the bmw!
Fortunatly, you can beat the weekly challenge with others cars like the bmw or, more difficult, with the merc 190. I don't like the sierra hanling and the old volvo 240 is under powered to win.
I discovered yesterday that you can also cheat a little and use the Audi RS5 DTM as well.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back