Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,843 comments
This round of events looks fun. The Evo race is a challenge with the short race length and odd track selection. Also, the AI are taking this one seriously. They're running Sport Soft tires, widebodies with aero, and likely have more power than stock.

The Mazda One Make might be another great race despite the limited car selection. The race length is about right, and (finally) the starting gap between you and first place is much smaller than usual. My 600pp swapped NA Miata overwhelmed the field, but I think some great racing could be had around the 550pp+ range.

I've hyper-fixated on the Road Atlanta Prototype race before. Not sure I have the attention span for it now. That one is a tough, but fun, race.
I had a really fun one (kind of a gun to a knife fight, but I digress) at BH with my M2. This car is a lot of fun... It likes to step out so hard but when you find the rhythm it's an absolute weapon. Just under 600PP with SS tires and although it's a razor, it's also a HOOT to drive. I took the time trial route on the last lap and it looks a little squirrelly, but it was a riot. I don't always find the groove when I play but this day I did. 😂

Awesome run! It's a breath of fresh air seeing this car eat corners; as opposed to being the rocket sleds we see in the Race of Turbo Sports. OK, fine, you've convinced me to stop sleeping on this car :lol:

Is it me, or is the Road Atlanta race quite tough?
Second that. The Gr.1 race at Road Atlanta is definitely tough. The AI run a mix of strategies effectively and they're all generally quick. Some stay out forever (edit: Mizazuno in the Mclaren VGT is the car to beat, sometimes the R92CP), but then Wilik in the Peugeot VGT runs a brutally quick sprint build. Road Atlanta is also a crazy track (in a good way).

Last edited:
Man, that one make is a handful with a 787b swapped roadster. now THAT was fun.
Gr 1 race was the Toyota GR010 - RH tires and FM 6. I made it on two stops for fuel only.

Parts ticket - High lift camshafts for an Aston Martin Vantage
Car ticket - Nissan GTR NISMO GT3 (2018 - the maroon Gr 3 model)

For the Road Atlanta race I tried the Porsche 919 (highest PP endurance car I have), soft tyres, FM5. Wong (leader) stopped on Lap 7, I had fuel to go to 9, stayed on Fm5, he stopped again at 14 and I ran until 18, was steadily catching during this stint, went FM4 then 3 after a lap but Wong had to do a short stop to make it, still couldn't catch him, was 8 seconds behind with a lap to go. Someone faster - at least more consitent than me might be able to make it, the AI seems expecially crap here, I got sideswiped in the esses and copped a penalty for it, also got ran in to the back of at T7.

Abanonded the prototypes and went with the SF23, same as above, FM5, until 2nd stop then went 4, 3 after a lap or two then 1 on last lap. easy enough win, despite a spin coming out of T7. Strange thing is fastest lap in the race and overall pace was a tad slower using this car over the porsche, but much easier win - feels like cheating though. imho neither the VGTs or SF cars should be eligible

Edit: Sooo, noticed a couple of things, first the 919 didn't have the fully customised gearbox, whiuch also led me to discover it didn't have the turbo upgrade, went from 902 to 913 PP. I also took a look at the tuning section here and used the suspension settings from Exeter Tuning's thread despite it being for RM tyres. Didn't change downforce or gearing.

Big difference, traction much better and the 11 PP turbo upgrade really helps on the long straight. FM5 again, first stop at the end of lap 8, 10 mins ot so in. Continued with FM5 until 2nd stop at end of lap 16, I think I was 14 seconds down on exit, Forget who the leader was but he pitted quite quickly and it became apparent Hizal was the competition, he pitted end of lap 20, dropped to FM6 to ensure I had fuel to get to the end, on the last lap it said I had a 29 second lead, not sure exactly how it panned out as the classification showed I lapped everyone.

Anyway, a properly upgraded 919, FM5, Soft tyres is the way to go. More fun to drive than the SF too.

Last edited:
This is strange, I was able to beat the Lancer Evo Meeting race a couple days ago in first, now after the Weekly challenges started my best run has been 4th-5th place, I even got all the turbo boosts and modifications in the tuning shop. Maybe I need to focus more and use my slipstream well behind my opponents. It will give me an advantage of passing them quicker.

This round of events looks fun. The Evo race is a challenge with the short race length and odd track selection. Also, the AI are taking this one seriously. They're running Sport Soft tires, widebodies with aero, and likely have more power than stock.

The Mazda One Make might be another great race despite the limited car selection. The race length is about right, and (finally) the starting gap between you and first place is much smaller than usual. My 600pp swapped NA Miata overwhelmed the field, but I think some great racing could be had around the 550pp+ range.

I've hyper-fixated on the Road Atlanta Prototype race before. Not sure I have the attention span for it now. That one is a tough, but fun, race.

Awesome run! It's a breath of fresh air seeing this car eat corners; as opposed to being the rocket sleds we see in the Race of Turbo Sports. OK, fine, you've convinced me to stop sleeping on this car :lol:

Second that. The Gr.1 race at Road Atlanta is definitely tough. The AI run a mix of strategies effectively and they're all generally quick. Some stay out forever (edit: Mizazuno in the Mclaren VGT is the car to beat, sometimes the R92CP), but then Wilik in the Peugeot VGT runs a brutally quick sprint build. Road Atlanta is also a crazy track (in a good way).
It loves gentle. But it hammers if you can find the finesse. Loves to swap ends... 😂

I got four of these done this morning. I had some definite challenges with some of the cars I picked (normal difficulty).

weekly-challenge-202410w2-r1.jpg

BB Raceway - Mazda Damio XD Touring '15 - Nothing to see here. I added some aero to dress the car up, but no other changes. Easy win. First ticket achieved.

weekly-challenge-202410w2-r2.jpg

Autopolis - Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98 - I didn't realize that this race was on a different layout until I saw some of the cars ahead turning right at the end of the back straight instead of left. No real problems though. Aside from some aero to dress the car up, I made no other changes to car. It was an easy win.

weekly-challenge-202410w2-r3.jpg

Kyoto - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final '15 - What is this layout? This took a couple tries. On the first, I bought some SS tires, but left the car otherwise stock. I barely got by one car. Went to the tuning shop and added the sports-level parts. Jumped back in the race and I was still just barely keeping up. Then I noticed that I was still on the SH tires. I exited out, switched the tires, then tried again. I was finally making gains on the leaders. It was a close race to the end, but I managed to take the lead in the final corner. A win for the second ticket.

weekly-challenge-202410w2-r4.jpg

Suzuka - Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA) '89 - This took quite a few aborted attempts before I had the car enhanced enough to be competitive. Had I known yesterday that the Touring car would be eligible, I'd have picked it instead. The standard road car was only going to work for me with substantial modification. I went with all the sport-level parts, level-2 weight reduction, and mid-RPM turbo. It was still a challenge. I was in P4 going into the final lap, but somehow managed to squeeze by all three cars ahead of me to take the lead in the esses. It was an easy drive to the win from there.

I had never race this race at Atlanta, pick an Audi TDI spin couple of times and quit .
Then i pick my trusty Bugatti gr1 ,put RH and FM 6 and change difficulty to easy level 😁 .
Managed to win and definitely is the first and last time am doing this race .

From all the races the Suzuka -mazda compo is the most entertaining and very well payment for less than 10 minutes race.
Although i never get the CRB and the 3 times i race no matter how careful i was 🤨 .
I really don't understand why am losing it .

This is strange, I was able to beat the Lancer Evo Meeting race a couple days ago in first, now after the Weekly challenges started my best run has been 4th-5th place, I even got all the turbo boosts and modifications in the tuning shop. Maybe I need to focus more and use my slipstream well behind my opponents. It will give me an advantage of passing them quicker.
I found this race a little testy aswell.Mind you I picked the Evo with the Escudo engine swap,kept it at 600pp same as for tokyo,but due to the massive turbo lag and the nature of the track it was hard work. :lol:

I beat it when it first came out with my Evo 9. Semi-Racing exhaust, High capacity Intercooler, Medium RPM Turbo SM Tires. Used the same car and took an Easy 3rd 1st and 2nd were long gone lol. Event was crazy fun though!

Last edited:
Back