Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 5,027 comments
Many people posting here are also not telling us, which difficulty they're playing on.
"I won race xy with car yz easily" doesn't say much if we don't know about the difficulty setting.
Unless otherwise stated, I'm always Hard.

That said, after a bottle of wine, I sometimes revert to Normal.

Last edited:
Many people posting here are also not telling us, which difficulty they're playing on.
"I won race xy with car yz easily" doesn't say much if we don't know about the difficulty setting.
To be honest mate and sincerely I play on the hardest difficulty.

But it really doesn't matter to me what difficulty you or anyone else uses unless they wanna come do my races. I'm just happy for people winning and having fun races.

Where do you stop? I play with a DD wheel, loadcell and no assists. What does that matter to you? I used to play with a pad on the sofa or kitchen table using all the assists? Again how did that affect you?

Individual skill is such a massive part of it that it renders it a moot thing to worry about anyway. Some could win a race easily on Hard in a car that others would struggle to win with on Medium.

I think the point of @Sir Crashalot is to say that if we don't know what difficulty someone is using, it is a bit pointless to know which car he used to win an event, because on easy mode for example, you can win an event with much more cars than in hard where you might need to make a good choice.

If you are like me struggling on some events and looking for the right "tool" to win, it is usefull to know which car someone used but also the difficulty, otherwise you may try the car and not succeed because it is not good enough on the difficulty you use.

If you are like me struggling on some events and looking for the right "tool" to win, it is usefull to know which car someone used but also the difficulty, otherwise you may try the car and not succeed because it is not good enough on the difficulty you use.
But what if the car is something you can win with but driver skill is actually the factor?

That's what nebuc was saying, is that a lot of the events are winnable with the weakest car in the group but abilities vary.

Difficulty just raises the average lap time slightly (hence the cars just taking lines and ignoring you) but player ability is the deciding factor.

But as I said what does it matter if you easily do it? And I struggle to do it? Or I use an M3 for the rush hour race etc?

The point is not what you did to win or how challenging it was but in celebrating the win or fun everything else is personal preference to whatever makes them more fun to you. I like to use 80's liveries where I can.

People's do people and I'll do me.

I bet that's what they all say...

Personally, I finished the "career" on Normal, but since then I've been Easy, Easy like Sunday morning...
Personally I'm always on Normal. I'm not confident enough in my poor driving skills and my lack of concentration, also GT7 is my escape from the world so I don't want it to be stressing, hence why I never actually even tried Hard. Which, I guess, probably won't be even truly hard anyways.

If you are looking for a solution to succeed in winning an event where you are struggling, you take all clues you can.
Then worry about the clues, the car and any tuning are just brute force.

Ask different questions "how did you do it, what was the tactic, did you tune the car, do you have any tips I can use with the xyz car"

Ask a different question and you'll get more useful answers

That must have been tuned up quite a bit, as the opponents are all Gr.3 cars.
I did, and I got a medium-RPM turbo boost which brought the PP up to 772. The limit was 800. It had enough power to get me a first place finish. So, I didn't need to use the Porsche RSR.

All my races are set to Professional. I think it was a weird Super GT500 race at Fuji way early in GT7. Might have been a community concern as using professional was easy and easy was more difficult(skip it, I can’t remember).

I did, and I got a medium-RPM turbo boost which brought the PP up to 772. The limit was 800. It had enough power to get me a first place finish. So, I didn't need to use the Porsche RSR.
You did not use the Group 4 car then! You used the Group 3 Audi R8 LMS '15 to get that PP. Check it out.

I don't think difficulty setting matter too much here. You can beat any races in any "proposed setups" here in easy mode. You can pickup the race from Joe's hard mode to your easy mode and have an easy time.
Anybody is free to change to "Normal" or "Hard" depends on how challenge you want it to be. From my experience, except for Formula race, I can't tell the different between difficulty settings, as they're really nearly the same to me. If I can beat it in normal mode, it would be the same for me in hard mode as well.

Back