What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,708 comments
First attempt at saag aloo.

20200112_173818.jpg

Potatoes are overcooked but the flavor is good.

Next time I'll double the spinach part and not cook the potatoes with it in the pressure cooker so I can actually watch them.

Grilled off a piece of skirt steak, a red bell pepper and some sourdough walnut slices for sandwiches topped with "Caesar" mayo and some crisp inner Romaine leaves. Enough for the two of us tonight and lunch for me tomorrow.

Well finally managed to get my Rump Cap in full and cut the steaks myself.

Only a small cap but got 4 decent steaks 1.5” thick. All seasoned and bagged. Had a little left over to go into a stew or for a quick sandwich etc.

4CBC7967-442B-40E0-AD9B-B3F642CFFA7E.jpeg
20AD6F5E-0418-454F-935F-50E97D19AAAC.jpeg

Edit.

cooked and eaten. I know, I’m a philistine with the tomato sauce.

FE4F62D7-8ED3-4B8F-8236-A1106F5D0276.jpeg

Last edited:
Those poor glutens, free in the big, scary world. At least when we consume them their fate is known.

Had a good meal tonight.

TQ4UO7M.jpg

This is probably the best meatloaf I have ever tasted. I didn't make it from scratch, seems every time I try it comes out dry and crumbly or super dense.

This came from Kroger, You can find it in the meat department. It is fully prepared and takes about an hour to bake. Plus you bake it in the plastic pan it comes in. I highly recommend. This was the homestyle, very few ingredients. They also have a green chili and pepper jack cheese version, but for some reason (probably the cheese melting like glue) it was very dense.
ZG2blVn.jpg

Still haven't been able to have a true Monte Cristo sandwich.

The vending market at my work had one though so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Terrible french toast was the bread, cheddar and mozzarella sandwiched the meat of turkey and ham.

I didn't like the cheddar on it at all. But the combo of the bread, mozz, and meat was decent.

Now, to try a real Monte Cristo someday.

20200124_061219.jpg

Found a different palak paneer recipe that uses chicken (meat croutons) but since my wife didn't want it added to hers, I used the old recipe then made the meat croutons separately with the same spices.

The new recipe also added butter at the end and who am I to say no to butter?

20200125_174640.jpg

TB
Found a different palak paneer recipe that uses chicken (meat croutons) but since my wife didn't want it added to hers, I used the old recipe then made the meat croutons separately with the same spices.

The new recipe also added butter at the end and who am I to say no to butter?

View attachment 884775
Meat croutons? Are these like big squares of crispy bacon?

Edit to add:
We just had a delicious Chicken casserole with cream of mushroom, vegetable melody and cubed potatoes, topped with a wonderful stuffing crust.
To finish of the meal, I am not enjoying one of these.
20200125_191317.jpg 20200125_191325.jpg
A shot of Jameson may or may not shortly follow...

Last edited:
Baking up some Salmon at the moment. We are having it with rice and, well, since I have it on good authority from certain cheese heads on this forum that blue cheese is actually really amazing, I am going to give this a try.
20200127_175335.jpg

Famous Bowl from KFC. Haven't had one in months, maybe longer. There cookies now come in plastic bags, and are terrible compared to when they came in paper sleeves.

Pepsi, no ice - to wash it down.

Another sous vide first for me. Rack of Lamb.

Frenched the bone ends and double bagged like a recommendation from Guga on SVE. Once they’d been cooked (55c for 2 hours) they were seared in the griddle pan.

Had them with new potatoes and veggies. I also had some lamb gravy.

98C716DD-F9E7-466B-8496-F9423983CB9E.jpeg
B55541CA-6A77-4B5A-A178-68C38CD37E2D.jpeg
256D3BC2-AF0F-4E1F-8336-14C80A791674.jpeg
68E7BBDE-8CFC-4538-967F-40EF0324DF78.jpeg

That is beautiful.

mot was buttery soft too. Perfectly medium rare and so so tender. Not as much of a Lamb taste compared to say a leg roast or those neck fillet I had a few weeks back. But tasty all the same.

When I picked up the rack of lamb I also got two more Rump Cap (Picanha) which will be cut into steaks. Very different sizes so will give up different amounts of steak. Switch for size comparison.

2FE70C4B-E6D0-4F17-ABF9-7F320C18ABAA.jpeg

I want to like it, but I'm really not that keen on lamb and veal. Eating babies just doesn't feel right, even if they ate cow or sheep babies. The Picanha though. Yew! Are you going to try doing some dry aging? Once we are out of this damn apartment and I can start grilling again, thebolan is to get a slab of picanha to dry age for our "house warming" celebration.

I want to like it, but I'm really not that keen on lamb and veal. Eating babies just doesn't feel right, even if they ate cow or sheep babies. The Picanha though. Yew! Are you going to try doing some dry aging? Once we are out of this damn apartment and I can start grilling again, thebolan is to get a slab of picanha to dry age for our "house warming" celebration.

I feel you on the whole baby animal thing. My partner doesn’t like to talk about which part of an animal her food came from let alone knowing it’s a little fluffy lamb bouncing around. However it tastes so good I can’t resist.

if these Picanha turn out really well (I miss butchered the last one, still tasted great but not as tender due to my cuts) then I’m going to head to a local farm shop and get the meat direct from the farm. Hopefully either same price but better quality or same quality with a cheaper price. It will probably cost and arm and leg but the quality will be through the roof.

Once I’ve done that. Then it’s on to Dry Age.

I’ve now cut the Picanha up so here they are. All around 1 and a half inch steaks.

1226F527-601D-4220-A77D-35B8507BAFAA.jpeg

Back