What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,735 comments
Nope. Nature’s Rancher brand, grass fed. Came from New Zealand. Hah.
No idea. Friend got me it.
Yeah, probably safe. Not like it was done in the back of the grocery store. I'm sure they would have strong standards since lamb is best served near rare. I will like your post now.

Walking through Costco yesterday, the kids wanted pancake mix for breakfasts. So I made pancakes for supper. :D

20200203_204956.jpg

Earlier today, at some hole in the wall joint, I got a Kona Mud Pie ice cream. Coffee ice cream, fudge and brownie bits. So good.

Finally got back to Kohala Burger and Taco. Had a bacon swiss deluxe burger this time. Shared a side of fries and onion rings.

20200204_120914.jpg

After a three hour hike on part of the Ala Kahakai trail, it was more fantastic than usual.

Homemade tomato soup
Cauliflower with potatoes

At the moment, pine nuts and raisins. Kefir with raisins and pure raw cacaopowder mixed the Kefir.

Slayed a few largers at a local game shop. Managed to combine those with about 1000cal of Doritos and a kitkat and a nice bottle of Sprite.

I don’t usually go to bed on a school night at 1am, but when I do, it’s because I’m drunk.

Anyone doing a keto diet?
Nope. Tried it. That is to high of a maintenance diet for me. Besides being very strict and disciplined in what you eat, you need to be quite fastidious on getting your blood work done and tracking your ketones to male sure you're in the proper ketosis state and not poisoning yourself.

That looks so good, I think I could eat that raw.

I had it rare, so pretty close. I also cooked 3 other steaks tonight, 2 fillet for my partner and for my mum, my dad has the same as me but half the thickness. They all had medium (total waste of meat).

I had it rare, so pretty close. I also cooked 3 other steaks tonight, 2 fillet for my partner and for my mum, my dad has the same as me but half the thickness. They all had medium (total waste of meat).
Anything over medium to over cooked to be sure. But depending on where I go that's generally how I order it. Only high end steak house will I order below medium.
That does like like it was a well marbled cut of beef. What that choice?

Anything over medium to over cooked to be sure. But depending on where I go that's generally how I order it. Only high end steak house will I order below medium.
That does like like it was a well marbled cut of beef. What that choice?

In the UK we don’t have the beef grading you guys have in the USA. So basically you have to know what you’re looking for and hope you can find it. Most supermarkets don’t really have much beyond what you guys would class as Select.

sometimes you get lucky but most of the time it isn’t worth your money.

recently Marks n Spencer food have been doing Steak House cuts which the one I picked is part of.

To really get good beef you have to hit up the local butchers and farm shops.

In the UK we don’t have the beef grading you guys have in the USA. So basically you have to know what you’re looking for and hope you can find it. Most supermarkets don’t really have much beyond what you guys would class as Select.

sometimes you get lucky but most of the time it isn’t worth your money.

recently Marks n Spencer food have been doing Steak House cuts which the one I picked is part of.

To really get good beef you have to hit up the local butchers and farm shops.
It's mostly the same here in the states. Supermarkets and the average grocery store generally has some crap cuts of meat. Good quality meat is typically found at the meat or farmers markets.

That is unfortunate. I can get some nice cuts of meet from my "average" grocery store. They will not be the absolute best quality, but I can get some very nice cuts of meat.

That is unfortunate. I can get some nice cuts of meet from my "average" grocery store. They will not be the absolute best quality, but I can get some very nice cuts of meat.
I thought the same thing until I started going to a meat market. Now when I see the meat aisle at something like Kroger or Meijer, the meat just doesnt doesnt look as good as I have come to expect, particularly beef. The red isnt as dark and deep. The marbling is lighter and overall the meats less tender once cooked. If you can get some good, quality cuts at your grocery store, that's awesome. Luckily for me, I as close to a meat market and a farmer's market as I do my grocer.

I have both a meat market and farmer's market close. Unfortunately, the farmer's market is only open twice a week. Some of the best burgers I have ever made/had came from the farmer's market. We also do not eat enough steak.

@kikie That cookie looks (and sounds) delicious.

So I did a thing today:

IMG_20200218_143057620[1].jpg

Now, before you rightfully crucify me, know some things:

• This was literally the first time I pan-seared a steak so I wasn't expecting it to come out perfect to begin with.
  • Yes, I'm still sad that it didn't.
  • I seared each side for three minutes for four complete rotations (this is where I screwed the pooch)
  • I used butter at the end, like you should (correct me if that's wrong!)
  • I didn't know what side I wanted, and seeing as I didn't have broccoli on hand, I decided on mac and cheese. :lol:
  • I let it sit for 10 minutes
  • What doneness did I want? Medium-rare to medium.
Give me tips! Next time I do this, I want it to be even better.

Latest Posts

Back