What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,743 comments
Two beautiful chicken breasts with brown sugar bourbon rub.

20200226_200336.jpg

And to fight off a carb headache, a Honeycrisp apple.

I had the Popeye's chicken sandwich today, It was okay but not really the greatest chicken sandwich I've ever had.
Racist!

/s

Grilled off a garlic and herb marinated pork blade steak as well as celeriac cut into slabs, a halved leek and a halved head of radicchio. About an hour on the grill and I chopped up the veg and dressed it in a mustard-thyme vinaigrette while the meat rested.

Vieux Carré cocktail. C'est bon.

F5DF2109-BC9E-46C0-AD91-ACACC52032AF.jpeg

It’s a rare beautiful day out here in the Portland, OR area. So nice the top came down on the Miata and the dog and I went for a drive and ended up at Grains of Wrath brewing in Camas, WA. This is there GABF gold medal winner for a west coast IPA.
As you can see, it’s a beautiful golden amber color. The lacing on the glass is sticky and hangs onto the glass with Spider-Man grip.
Smell: pineapple that’s been charred in brown sugar. Sweet and peppery.
taste: boozy with a nice citrus ending. I wish for a little more pine resin taste.
Overall: 4.5 out of 5

it’s a fantastic west coast IPA worthy of its gold medal. As for my taste in IPAs I need more pine tree taste.

Last edited:
Over stuffed shawarma wraps - cooked the chicken on the griddle with onions, bell peppers and garlic cloves. Added some personal touches with greens and a little Turkish yogurt. Don’t forget the garlic sauce.

I had two, and washed it down with a Bavarian IPA. Night night. :)

EF561E35-473F-4CF0-A105-BB5CA3B6C534.jpeg

Getting a bit tired of chicken and burgers so digging through the freezer, I came across some salmon burgers. Topped with chipotle aioli and what has been dubbed in the house "pizza spice". Considering I'm not a huge fan of fish, it's pretty good.

20200309_212348.jpg

Picture doesn't really do it justice. :lol:

it looks like a caramel icing donut with cinnamon on top
It can't be unseen.

Roasted off a couple chicken thighs and a couple brats with red and green peppers, onion, garlic and--because I'm a good husband--fennel. Herbed browned butter brown and wild rice on the side.

I'm having coffee. Man I hate waking up.

...The cynical side in me thinks that all these unprecedented responses to the coronavirus threat, including the accelerated testing for vaccines and treatment drugs, is because the most "threatened" demographic is older men past the 50s and 60s with underlying health issues. Which pretty much means almost every CEO, politician, "shakers and movers" of every industry are in the cross hairs.

Yesterday I joined the maddened crowd and bought myself something I had never bought before in my entire life... a couple of cans of spam. I wonder how they'll taste. Plus some TP, too. Although, I was running out so that couldn't be helped.

Cube it, then fry it. Put it over some rice with an egg over easy. That's the best way to eat spam.

Back