What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,704 comments
Fixing to eat pineapple slices with some crushed up mangoes, two of my all-time favorite fruits to eat as a snack or for breakfast. What's your favorite fruit?

Fixing to eat pineapple slices with some crushed up mangoes, two of my all-time favorite fruits to eat as a snack or for breakfast. What's your favorite fruit?
Chilli. I don’t go a day without it.

Also bananas are one of my favorites too, they have good sources of potassium and magnesium for body production. I sometimes dip them in peanut butter for enhanced flavor.

IMG_2878.jpeg

IPA #380 something. I’ve stopped tracking now.
I used to write notes about each beer I drank.
To tedious. I’ve got my top 5. If something surprises me it’ll get bumped up. Highly unlikely.
Anyway,
Black raven brewings west coast IPA.
Poured a nice golden straw color that produced tiny bubbles that created a thick soft pillow of head.
Lacing is pretty minimal on glass.
Aroma: weirdly bananas with a slight sweet note.
Taste: so non offensive. Could be a starter IPA for some. Not to hoppy, not to malty. Nice even balance.
It seems I’ve had this beer before because it’s so neutral but it’s not a world class IPA.
2.5 outta 5
Not bad. Not great.

We're fixing to go to Wendy's and pig slam out, this is what we're gonna get:

2 Big Bacon Classic's
3 Jr. Cheeseburger's
4 orders of large fries
2 Cokes
2 Large Frosty's

I tried those zero sugar drinks before, I did not like them, they tasted bitter to me. Diet drinks are the worst. However Reese's cups satisfies my hunger.
There is a strange sweetness to no sugar drinks. I don’t enjoy it myself, and since most pops are sugar free nowadays, I’ve given up pop all together.

I tried a brand new shawarma restaurant very near to my apartment, as it finally opened on Wednesday and I've been waiting to try it out.

I went for the mixed shawarma (chicken and lamb) meal, which at £11.50 was not cheap, but I figured I'd give it a chance.

Despite ordering to eat-in, my order duly arrived boxed up and in a bag. I had a quick look inside before leaving...

Sad Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

... and, well, yeh. First of all, the can of Sprite I ordered with it was not there. Second, it looked suspiciously like a bunch of lukewarm shawarma meat on top of a pile of fries (it was...).

Considering this place is brand new, I figured it had at least a couple of months before it started to go downhill, but frankly I'm not sure that it can go much lower.

A sure-fire warning sign was the smell of the place... there wasn't any. I figured that I'd either developed COVID-19 on my way there, or nothing was cooking. It turned out to be the latter. The meat was indeed lukewarm, fatty, greasy and tasteless, though ironically this made the disappointing portion size work out quite well.

To add insult to injury, when the payment went through on my banking app, the amount I've been charged is not the same as what I was charged in the shop; they've mysteriously added on £1 to the total, which I'm pretty sure is against the law.

I'm not going to say it was totally disgusting, and it's not even the worst fast food joint on my street (not by a long shot), but it will be getting a one-star review when it eventually appears on Trip Advisor.

Last edited:
I am fixing to drink a 20 oz bottle of Mountain Dew Code Red flavor. I know I'll be getting a sugar rush, but...

Last edited:
I nearly had a bit of a disaster last night.

I was cooking some steak casserole to use in a pie or pasty tonight, so I left it on a low heat with the plan of just leaving it to cool and then use it today.

Just as I was switching off the gas, I got distracted and ended up stirring the casserole and putting the lid back on the pot, without realising that the heat was still on.

By sheer luck, I went back to my living room just before bed and all the lights were out, and so I saw the faint blue glow from the gas in the kitchen as I past by one last time before bed - I couldn't believe that I'd forgotten to turn the gas off, and so I narrowly avoided burning the food to buggery and possibly worse.

Luckily, the lid was on the pot as I planned to leave it overnight, but I had been cooking with the lid off to reduce it down a bit prior to that.

-

Thanks to that narrow escape, I'm going to make some pastry things with the stew that was cooked last night, and see how it goes.

Latest Posts

Back