What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,892 comments
I had a curry last night for my mate's birthday.

Fish pakora starter, and chilli garlic chicken with pilau rice and naan. The food was very tasty, but for £22 it was not quite enough. That said, these restaurants are usually very good at knowing how much people actually eat, and although the portions felt small, it was enough for most people - but I'd call it a lunch portion, not dinner. A large bottle of beer was £7, so all in it came to £29 plus tip, so about £33 a head.

There was one or two things that irked me though. They gave us a table set for 8, but really probably should have been for 6 people - however there was 11 of us, so I was uncomfortably perched on the end of the table with no legroom at all. The service was speedy, and they did clear stuff away quickly, but there was barely a free square inch of table space for anything more. The sides were too small; we got one side each and shared two rice and two naan between us, but there should have been at least twice the amount of rice. It was good though, but I've had alot better for alot less at a place just 100 yards away!

-

We then went to a student/dive bar next door for a few drinks, and I bought my mate a large G&T - a double Bombay Sapphire and a tiny can of Schweppes tonic... £11 :ouch:

Annoyingly, the can was so small that the alcohol content of a double measure stops the bubbles from forming in the tonic, so the drink is basically flat. They also served it in a glass that was too small, such that the small can was enough to fill the glass, so even if I had got gun tonic (which is usually rubbish), it still would have been flat - so not great for £11 a pop.

Last edited:
Back