What did you do in FM23 today?

• Thread starter DextroCat
  • 717 comments
Finished up Track Exotics, unlike most intelligent people I did not take the Ferrari and instead went with the Brabham because I am dumb. Truthfully, I just liked how it looked. Took some practice laps to get it dialed to what I'd consider drivable, still can't get enough front end bite out of it but it's serviceable. And really, really quick. Discovered Grand Oak Club reverse is the best of the Grand Oak bunch (I hate the other two). And Maple Valley, which I liked in FM4, didn't like in 7, and here it is in FM and I'm back to liking it. Even with the Brabham's slightly vague front end getting around the place is way nicer than in 7 for sure. Really liked how you can feel the car load and unload the suspension over hills, they've done some things really well. And this happened in practice, thought it was funny. (Quality isn't great, gotta work on that) (but god I love that corner!)

Last edited:
Finished the Prototype tour in the Ginetta and did the Acura DPi reward showcase as well.

I was trying out the Xpeng. Top Speed is 119mph! I reached Level 25 to see if a change of engine would help. It doesn’t! In FH5 you could at least alter the gearing which you cannot do in Motorsport. If all the electric cars are restricted like this they seem somewhat pointless.

Quit career out of frustration because career progress isn’t saving.

SAVING problems…. in TWENTY TWENTY-THREE! 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Trying t have fun but it ain`t easy. And what idiot made the menus? Just raced and upgraded a car, goes out of race
and where is the car now?
Pfft. To get back to the car you were driving, all you have to do is
Go to Cars
Go to My Cars
Press the 3 lines on your controller
Scroll down to the first letter of the manufacturer
Press X
Try to find your car by pressing right within the Manufacturer (it'll be on the bottom line probably so remember to also press down)
Now get confused about which car it was, because the avatar is bugged and won't have your livery on it....

Oh dear you've overshot by 2 manufacturers...

As compared to Forza Horizon 5 where you finish a race and are left in that car.

Honestly, the menus were seemingly not playtested at all. By cutting the menus down to about 4 items, they've had to hide everything so deep you need a stethoscope to find them. Total shi...

Pfft. To get back to the car you were driving, all you have to do is
Go to Cars
Go to My Cars
Press the 3 lines on your controller
Scroll down to the first letter of the manufacturer
Press X
Try to find your car by pressing right within the Manufacturer (it'll be on the bottom line probably so remember to also press down)
Now get confused about which car it was, because the avatar is bugged and won't have your livery on it....

Oh dear you've overshot by 2 manufacturers...

As compared to Forza Horizon 5 where you finish a race and are left in that car.

Honestly, the menus were seemingly not playtested at all. By cutting the menus down to about 4 items, they've had to hide everything so deep you need a stethoscope to find them. Total shi...
Or in multiplayer, where it starts you in the "Buy Cars" menu and you have to go open "My Cars" to even start to find yours. A lot of FFS being said over mics at that one.

I don’t do Multiplayer unless it is with friends. I inadvertently went into Multiplayer and got the Intro. I also received a Honda Civic Racer. Needless to say I exited Multiplayer immediately after.

Mostly I've been working with the Lamborghini Espada and trying to figure out the logic of the person that designed its interior. Why did they think putting separated buttons on the center console for the turn signals was a smart choice? Why is the radio behind the steering wheel on the left side? Why are all the indicator lamps down near the driver's right knee where they can't be seen? I know old Italian cars always have that "built in a shed" aesthetic, but there are questions I genuinely want answers to because none of it makes any damn sense.

Oh, and I guess when you get rid of all of its real world mechanical faults and those hellish devices known as "bias-ply tires", the car is actually pretty decent. Go figure, huh?

Finished upgrading the BMW M5 2021 to level 50 by rerunning the Open Tour. Have a nice setup on it at B700 with a wide body. Ran it on a Free Play race in the rain to unlock that Achievement - now at 34 out of 57.

I think tomorrow I'll do the JDM series to unlock the "4 Tours" achievement.

So I managed to get the Achievement for 30 cars at level 50 and I have 25% discount for Ford, Ferrari, McLaren, and Porsche so far. The final McLaren I maxed out was the M8B Can Am car with the big wing which was very fun to drive all the way to 50 despite there being relatively few upgrades available. Next up is the Lotus F1 car from the 70’s which is another car division that I love to drive. Just enough downforce to make them quicker around the corners but not quite glued to the ground. I like that your open wheels can catch between your opponents’ cars’ wheels instead of having an invisible force field blocking that area between the other cars’ wheels like in GT7.

I logged in to collect my new Car Pass car and then immediately logged back out, waiting until they fix this game-breaking saving issue.

Went from having two pretty great D Class online races to game crashing three times while waiting on starting grid, and now a couple infinite loading screens.

I'm a pretty chilled gamer and a bit of a Forza apologist, but this getting frustrating.

Edit: 5th crash out of an online practice session at around 3min to race. Try go back in, nope next race another 20min practice.

Stuff this, rage uninstalling like a child hahaha

Last edited:
Did the vintage hatch tour with the '81 Fiesta XR2. The car is kind of horrible to drive, but that also made it kind of fun to deal with its horribleness. It was hard to win the tour against the hardest AI because they have tens more PI for the early races if you start with a level 1 car. I did manage to win it, though, because the different AI cars were good for different races, so the AI that was beating me going into the last race finished quite low down in that last race.

I looked for a review of the car in real life on YouTube, watched a bit of the one I found, and at one point the lady reviewing it said "It's very bouncy". The game has captured that perfectly!

Did the MX-5 Series in Career mode last night, was easy wins through the first four races. Absolutely destroyed the field in the first race at Lime Rock. Last race at VIR though I could only manage fifth while the cars ahead of me were seemingly untouchable. What was strange was my Best Lap was similar to what the leaders did, can only guess they were a lot more consistent than I was. (VIR admittedly being one of my weakest tracks.)

Last edited:
Did the MX-5 Series in Career mode last night, was easy wins through the first four races. Absolutely destroyed the field in the first race at Lime Rock. Last race at VIR though I could only manage fifth while the cars ahead of me were seemingly untouchable. What was strange was my Best Lap was similar to what the leaders did, can only guess they were a lot more consistent than I was. (VIR admittedly being one of my weakest tracks.)
I had the same results when I completed this series. I think it's a combination of VIR plus the MX5 doesn't handle well when you spec it up that high (not without finding a tune anyway).

I managed to beat 5 Rivals at D Class (which surprised me with an Achievement). I used my Mazda RX-3, with it eventually sitting at the top of D Class. I had some levels on it initially and gained more from the Rivals event. I then ran 3 laps at Le Mans to gain a few more car levels.

Another Le Mans racer on the Car Pass. No new events yet. I was expecting something new to replace the 4 Series that had unlocked at one a week.

My MX5 experience was similar, but I went through the series before the car leveling was updated. At 500 PI the car was a disaster to drive around VIR, I kind of want another go at it at some point.

I am in the middle of running to open class series. I decided to use the Mustang Cobra R I used in the Fox Body cup for the whole series. I have it at level 43 so I think I can squeeze 800 out of it, so far I really enjoyed the C and B series with it.

Had my first proper wet race.
Practice and quali conditions were the 'wet-but-use-mediums'... Qualified 6th.

Hit the race, I didn't move my view from the polesitter (shifting it around seems to increase game crashing:and in the last second see him change to wets. Oh ****tlesticks!

First lap was HILARIOUS 🤣!!!

Ended 13th after first lap. I've run on ice grippier than that!

Wets were mana from heaven, great race, finished.... 6th :D

Managed to suffer through the three qualifier races for multiplayer. And somehow emerged with an S safety rating.

Also raced a Focus through Practical Performance or whatever they call the first stage of the builders cup. Much as I would like adjustable race lengths, five laps in that thing was plenty. On to the next, batting around the 718 vs the Evora. Cayman is indisputably quicker but that Lotus is sure fun to drive. Hmmm...

Got my LFA up to level 20 doing random 5 lap races in Free Play. I think the LFA handles better in FM than it GT7. That might be down to tyres though. FM uses medium road tyres? Whereas GT7 uses hard road tyres.

The broken MP is realy annoying. When it works it is great fun and the crash kids are gone if you reach 4000+ driver rating.
I shut down my playing to a minimum till everything works like it should. Hopefully, in few months when the nordschleife is released, the problems are fixed and some more features and options have added too.

Did the German Rivals series last night in the Audi S4. Car felt a step behind early in the series, but really came on midway through. Was tied for the lead in the Points going into the last race at Spa. Glad I had All-Wheel Drive in that deluge of a race and was able to drive away from the field for an easy win to take the Championship.

Last edited:
Got my LFA up to level 20 doing random 5 lap races in Free Play. I think the LFA handles better in FM than it GT7. That might be down to tyres though. FM uses medium road tyres? Whereas GT7 uses hard road tyres.
How do you get the LFA? I don't recall seeing it in the dealership.

LFA is actually quite good A class and S class Rivals machine. I made some top2% times with it. It handles so good, better than in GT (but GT has its sound on another level, just amazing).

After getting a little upset over lost progress I came back and finished the open tour. The Mustang Cobra ended up with a widebody and the NASCAR inspired V8 in the end, even at 800pi the car was fun and easy to drive.

Last week I rerun the B Class open tour to upgrade the trophy from 2nd to 1st.
Today, the game says I didn't and only has 2nd place trophy :mad:

Tonight I joined a D Class multiplayer at 1AM, ran 3 qualifying laps then watched the countdown screen say 00:01 for while and had to hard close the game :mad:

So, the career mode is still ****ing broken!
And the multiplayer is still ****ing broken.
****** ****ing pile of ****ing rubbish turdza turdasport... i literally can't play this ****ing game. The patch next week had better fix this **** or I'm hoping this game gets a review bombing like GT7 did.

I literally cannot remember playing a game as ****ed up as this one is right now.

Back