What did you do in FM23 today?

• Thread starter DextroCat
  • 737 comments
Well, I'm trying to do the Brands Hatch race in the Ferrari 458 GTC and I'm really feeling fatigue for this tour, seeing that I still have to do the Lamborghini and Porsche Races (16 more!!!). I will probably earn the AM at the last possible minute.

Last edited:
Well, I'm trying to do the Brands Hatch race in the Ferrari 458 GTC and I'm really feeling fatigue for this tour, seeing that I still have to do the Lamborghini and Porsche Races (12 more). I will probably earn the AM at the last possible minute.
It was a bit fatiguing. I usually try to get the new races done in a single evening but trying to get 8 done at times became almost impossible. It was made worse by having to do a lot of restarts in the Ferrari and Lamborghini series, not so many with the Corvette and Porsche series.

Well, I'm trying to do the Brands Hatch race in the Ferrari 458 GTC and I'm really feeling fatigue for this tour, seeing that I still have to do the Lamborghini and Porsche Races (12 more). I will probably earn the AM at the last possible minute.
8+8=16? 😢
I am on the Porsche races and feeling tired of the chore this month. Hopefully next month is less chore more jaw (dropping)...

Welp, I maxed out my 911 GT3 R at last and now am working on maxing out my Porsche 993 GT2. I spent sometime using it in rivals mode to make things more interesting.

Though I'm currently taking a break to try out some cars I recently bought like the Saleen S7 LM.

EDIT:
Okay, I finally maxed out my 993 GT2. With that, I have the max discount for Porsche, awesome!
Screenshot 2024-09-08 160615.png

Last edited:
Did the Corvette C7R series and the 458 road car series yesterday, and have a couple of observations. Firstly, removing the inlet restrictor on the C7R is a great way to screw up its low-speed balance! By doing so I accidentally turned mine into a bit of a pig in second-gear corners, it just wanted to nuke the rear tyres. Luckily it's a fairly friendly thing so once I got on top of the throttle management it was fine.

The 458 was almost the opposite - great up to about nine tenths but fell into fairly horrific chundersteer when right at the limit. What made it worse was that most of the courses in that series seemed to be comprised of long, high-speed sweepers which just made things more painful.

Now, to find a decent tune for the 458 racecar...

Ran some AI tests at Road Atlanta and found out I still have no idea how to get a good race. One race on 6 difficulty the other one on 5. Both 15 laps using the Porsche 911 road car from the last challenge. Limited the AI strength to match my number. Race one on 6, started 14th, finished 2nd 27 seconds behind a car 23 PI points lower than mine. Race two on 5 started 16th and won by 22 seconds over a car 4 PI points below mine.
I have been having the same problem, what level is the AI really at? I will say that lately it appears the AI is getting nastier with it's racing elbows. I have been knocked around more during AI races than I have online running the Touring Car races.

I leveled up to level 50 the Audi and Honda while running back-to-back races (about 3 hours each day this weekend). My skill rating dropped to 2150 then back up to 3100 over the weekend. I am curious how matching is done because none were evenly matched on Saturday but most were evenly matched today. I pulled a bunch of podiums to bring my online rating back up.

So I found a pretty decent tune for the 458 GTC, excellent turn-in and very neutral through high speed stuff, but it's a bit slidey on the way into slow corners. Ah well, I can manage it.

Entered the first race at VIR North, and manage to go way faster than the expected lap time in practice, then entered the race itself and slowly made my way through from 12th up to 3rd, and then I noticed my trusty G920's throttle pedal has started playing up which manifests itself in what sounds and feels like a slight misfire. Still manage to claw my way up to the back of the leading Huracan, but just wasn't able to haul him in before the finish.

Attempted race 2 at Kyalami (which I love) and absolutely obliterated the expected laptime by five seconds, yet the dreaded throttle issue was still there. So it looks like I won't be finishing that series without disassembling my pedals and giving the potentiometer a good clean out. :(

Oh and I thought the GT classes were meant to be split into GT3 and GTLM/2 classes? Yet these races have R8s, Huracans and so on...

Well, the Ferrari 458 GTC is the worst Ferrari I've driven, so after finishing that series I sold it (never to be added again) and considering that tomorrow I travel abroad, I will forfeit the AM. Damned tour was too long!

Last edited:
Today, I maxed out my Ferrari 458 Italia. I started trying to do that last night. Well, before a small power outtage put an end to that from the storm I had to deal with. The power was out for a few seconds, but I just didn't want to mess with my computer after that.

My computer luckily was still fine for me to complete this goal today and I even bought a 296 GTB. I just have to max out one more Ferrari and I'll be at the max 25% for that brand.
Screenshot 2024-09-12 130904.png

Also in the past 2 days, I managed to max out my Mk.3 Supra Twin Turbo R and start leveling up some other cars like my TRD 86 and BMW M4 G82 Coupe.

Tonight when I get off work, I might hop back onto FM2023 and start with my Ferrari 312T as that's already at level 15. I also am thinking of seeing if I can take advantage of some of the featured events to level up more of my cars.

Today, I maxed out my Ferrari 458 Italia. I started trying to do that last night. Well, before a small power outtage put an end to that from the storm I had to deal with. The power was out for a few seconds, but I just didn't want to mess with my computer after that.

I see another Tom Randle livery enjoyer, Tickford has really been on fire with the Castrol paint-jobs the last couple years, and the Tom's livery for this weekends race is :chefs-kiss:

Maxed out the '21 Audi RS7 in the A open series for my first Audi to 50. Maxed out the Nissan 300ZX Fairlady for Nissan #2 at 50 Maxed out the Hyundai Veloster TCR for the first Hyundai to 50.

Well, because I'm visiting my brother abroad, I'm reduced to play FM through the cloud and his old Xbox One X, and the experience is horrific: massive input lag and graphics that look like I'm watching a VCR through his 4K big screen TV... Yuck!

Last edited:
I spent today finally maxing out the Ferrari 312T.
Screenshot 2024-09-13 094525.png

Which was the 5th car from Ferrari I got maxed out meaning I now get full discounts from them. Yay!
Screenshot 2024-09-13 141217.png

I celebrated by buying the F40 Competizione and 512 S.
Screenshot 2024-09-13 141409.png
Screenshot 2024-09-13 141430.png

I'm gonna stop for today as I have work in a couple of hours and I need to do some other things. Also after work, there's other games I might want to play.

Did a couple more multiplayer mid-engine races, and had my safety rating drop from S to A for the first time ever. There was no contact with any other car all race, so it had to be caused by the two penalties I got for cutting the track by the odd pixel. It was wet conditions so it was very hard to see the detail of the kerb edges, and I don't drive with track limit markers on because I think they are incredibly ugly and completely ruin the immersion of the experience. I got 3.6 seconds of penalties for the 2 cuts, which exceeded any time saving by a massive amount, but it showed me a message after the race telling me not to gain an unfair advantage by cutting corners! Isn't the whole point of the penalties that they should be bigger than the time saving, so that there isn't any unfair advantage? I estimate I gained no more than 0.2 each time, so the penalty was almost 10x the time saving, and almost lost me the race, so I'm not sure why they need to impact safety rating when there's already no advantage from cutting.

Just did a lap in rivals to see where the limit is on that corner, and it's so much easier with the track limit markers on. Maybe they could let us adjust the colour/brightness of them so we can have them turned on without them being quite so visually offensive?

Last edited:
This weekend, I started on doing the new featured events as a means to help level up some of my cars. I'll consider the prize cars as a bonus.

Today I managed to max out a couple of them such as my TRD GT86 and Lamborghini Huracan.
Screenshot 2024-09-14 104710.png
Screenshot 2024-09-14 124446.png

The only thing is that one of the cars didn't level up as much as I thought it would; the M2 Coupe is still in the 20s. I did get my BMW M4 closer though. I'm thinking this week I may focus on getting them maxed out aswell.
Screenshot 2024-09-15 121941.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-15 121931.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-15 121931.png
    268.8 KB · Views: 1
Built myself a B-class AW11 MR2 for the mid engined online races which is a bit of a rocketship, but it's terrrible on tire wear so I always finish mid pack because I'm the only one that has to pit... it's annoying. I qualified a full second clear off everyone at Barcelona yet finished 6th because the hards can't go full distance. I need to re-evaluate the setup.

Back