What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,954 comments
Today was crunching session to say the least:

• Firstly, I logged on and tested my GTAm Tuned up and my Abarth rocket mini hatch.
  • Then proceeded to go itno Sport mode in the moring to do the first of 3 nations cup race at Catalunya. I got 14th overall with the HONDA NSX GT.3 car, wasnt very good but looked to improve over my 3hr session overall.
  • Then took alittle break and admire my cars in scapes mode in the garage.
  • Onto Race 2 of 3 at Catalunya, this time using the Ferrari 458 Gr.3 racecar and did alot better but had a terrible childish rammer on turn 1 at the start corner that made me spin out, I clawed it back (took several laps) to 3rd place while people pitted then lost back after I pitted, down to 13th overall.
  • Took another break then did some of the LANCER EVO TT again, couldnt quite improve my time yet but still a few days left on that!
  • Lastly, this was my best race, as my focus came together (third times a charm, eh?) and start to get good qualiy times in the DBR9GT, which a is a good handling and great soudning car in this game. I drove very hard and managed to get 5th overall, please photos below. For anations cup race i thought this was not bad considering the group I sat in.

Look forward to moving on the Manufacterers cup next week, lets go!

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240309094200.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240309144125.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240309091132.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240309164208.jpg

The gradual progression was vital to this kinda of online racing and I am happy with that!

Only a brief go today, gr1 weekly 5 at Daytona used a Dodge Tomahawk S single stop easy win, a course I don't like in general so happy to take an easy win.
Schwartz league weekly 4 RUF GTr bit more competition on this track but a solid 12 seconds win at the end.
4* ticket for the marathon, invite for a Pagani.
6* car ticket for completion of the weekly challenge Dodge Tomahawk S.

"Today"(already past midnight here) I race the event (nations?) in Interlagos Sports Mode. I'm a newbie online, ranked D, maybe GT3? First time I did the four races, but Interlagos is my hometown so I watch this track since kid( 1985~) I was doing a great race disputing the 3rd place, after the pit I got 2nd after 5 laps seeing the leader 2 sex ahead he did a mistake and got +0.5 penalty and I got close, for 3 corners (hard corners of Interlagos) I was side by side, but in the last one he push me to the grass, I don't think was intentional. This was like 100 meters maybe before he pay the penalty.

I went to grass and spin, lost my 2nd(1st) position, and ended in 3rd, it was lap 16 of 18 no time to catch. I was using the 458 Italia Ferrari very good. But I felt stupid, there was no need to be aggressive, only wait for his penalty and got leadership. My best position online before was a 5th place last year.

Have painted few liveries. That are public now
1) Michel Vaillante Porsche GT1
IMG_20240309_203312_184.jpeg

IMG_20240309_203312_432.jpeg
20969947705624084.jpg

2) 1970 Macau touring car GP winner - Anne Wong's Cooper Mini .
Anne Wong, Legendary and the only woman won this tough and legendary race, and probably the only one won anything among world class races

Ps: PS make Macau Ghia track into Gran Turismo please
20830207341838686.jpg

I did the WTC700 at LM (yet again) and picked up 825,000 Cr. and a 4* DM ticket, which paid out 500,000 Cr. :)

Decided to buy a couple of cars I've been meaning to buy for a while, namely the Ford GT Race Car and the Audi R18 TDI.

Ran both TT’s a bit, ran LeMans once with a swapped ‘69 Camaro. Got 5k from the wheel. Finished the last two Weeklies. Got a GT500 from the 6-star, swapped it and ran Sardegna. The R4 is the star this week.
Tried LeMans for 4 laps and abandoned immediately as they we're all red. Hopefully I can score something...

And then there was the highlight of my GT-week with the race "the clash of the titans". The KTM at Lago Maggiore West End was brilliant fun. Very close and intense racing with @smoothbore12 @Pesselles @MUC76 and a good ending for me. Thank you, guys!
18e28cac6ea37-screenshotUrl (1).jpg

Tried LeMans for 4 laps and abandoned immediately as they we're all red. Hopefully I can score something...

And then there was the highlight of my GT-week with the race "the clash of the titans". The KTM at Lago Maggiore West End was brilliant fun. Very close and intense racing with @smoothbore12 @Pesselles @MUC76 and a good ending for me. Thank you, guys!
View attachment 1335894
"Car racing is a fun sport and at the end, Germans win"
- Gary Linneker

Congrats my friend, you were super fast (and not gore at all).

Lucky you, I tried Le Mans too but wasn't able to complete a single lap... The best was Indianapolis... :(:banghead:

I'll mass killing many idiots at the Baldur's gate.

I took part in my first lobby race today (X-Bow on Lake Maggiore) and really enjoyed it. Fun and fairness are more important to the guys than placings. That's how online racing should be.
Before that I did the weekly challenges. The most fun was the R4 on Alsace. It had something meditative about it.
After that, I rode the KTM just like I did the R4 before :lol:

Cheers M

A grind day, two trips to Sardinia, one in a Ferrari FXX, first time out in this anywhere and an embarrassing spin on lap 1 when I rode too much kerb, this left me chasing throughout and I snook out on lap 13 from a splash and dash in the lead.
Second time was in a Nissan c92, no drama one stop.
A trip to leman in a group4 McClaren 650s was also won, pitted end of lap4 when it had been dry and looked to remain so, half way down the mulsane straight the rain came and kept coming, swam back to the pits on slicks to put on some inters, slow but safe couple of laps job done.
Took a Toyota Sprinter 1600 to the garage put a spare MR2 engine in it, some arodynamics and then ran it at broadbean raceway, not fast, not very grippy

Today was quick session but eventful nonetheleess.

• Did some griding on the Bugatti LEmans TT and didnt improve my time, but learn a few good brake points. All 4-5 laps of the run were RED lol.
  • I collected my 3.3 million reward for my sport races in the Nations cup so that was sweet.
  • Then proceeded to do the Trial Mountain Daily race B again. 1st time only acheived 12th positon as rammers got the usual and krappy penalty system giving out incorrect penalties.
  • Second time I tackled, improved my qualifying time, started race then I got spun out at turn 8 before the tunnel as I got pitted and I go penalty (wtf), and then went onto recover all the way back up to 6th. Can show reply once I have it uploaded tomorrow.

Overall a good time racing online, onto more griding tomorrow and buying legend cars and tuning them.

Last edited:
A grind day, two trips to Sardinia, one in a Ferrari FXX, first time out in this anywhere and an embarrassing spin on lap 1 when I rode too much kerb, this left me chasing throughout and I snook out on lap 13 from a splash and dash in the lead.
Second time was in a Nissan c92, no drama one stop.
A trip to leman in a group4 McClaren 650s was also won, pitted end of lap4 when it had been dry and looked to remain so, half way down the mulsane straight the rain came and kept coming, swam back to the pits on slicks to put on some inters, slow but safe couple of laps job done.
Took a Toyota Sprinter 1600 to the garage put a spare MR2 engine in it, some arodynamics and then ran it at broadbean raceway, not fast, not very grippy
How many laps did you get on Fxx at Sardegna?

Did the Bugatti Veyron Group 4 time trial.
Fully modified my TTS and drove it around Catalunya.
Fully modified my Huayra and took it to the Nurburgring.

kjb
How many laps did you get on Fxx at Sardegna?
Pitting with 8 or 9% at the end of 4 laps running FM6 after it became obvious that FM1 would make fuel critical at the end of the second lap. Even on FM6 it's still got pretty solid acceleration.

Yesterday I spent some time at Le Mans and managed to get a silver TT time...so I'm done there I think. I also bought a bunch of LCD cars with the credits I'd accumulated with the intention of getting the 917 - changed my mind and decided to go for volume instead lol. But the best thing was just doing some laps in a completely stock - including sports hard tires - Radical SR3 at Nordschleife. Just so so fun! Got down to 8:02. I really enjoy the way the clouds and lighting change throughout a session. You'll be driving along and suddenly round a corner and get this blast of just gorgeous sun/light and shading with some reflections and so forth - at times this game really can knock your socks off visually.

Yesterday I spent some time at Le Mans and managed to get a silver TT time...so I'm done there I think. I also bought a bunch of LCD cars with the credits I'd accumulated with the intention of getting the 917 - changed my mind and decided to go for volume instead lol. But the best thing was just doing some laps in a completely stock - including sports hard tires - Radical SR3 at Nordschleife. Just so so fun! Got down to 8:02. I really enjoy the way the clouds and lighting change throughout a session. You'll be driving along and suddenly round a corner and get this blast of just gorgeous sun/light and shading with some reflections and so forth - at times this game really can knock your socks off visually.
Sometimes you don't need much to have joy , just a good mood and there's where everything starts.

I agree with you with the " volume" , i did just the same ,let the outrageous expensive for last and especially those that build way back before i was born (59 ) .

Back