What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,959 comments
Today I did some Circuit Experience to farm some money to buy the MP4/4.
18e3faaa7de44-ab868d7eec96612ccc3be8394635f12263aebfdf-816_message_437879012829129_1710464893863.jpg

The gold was enough, no reason to be 1 millisecond faster 😀.

On the GTP account, after collecting 1,000,000 Cr. for the expired time trial, I stunk up Sardegna in a rented Dino. 1:07.9 is nowhere near silver.

I got my revenge in the Sardegna grind with the Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 despite a massive crash at the end of lap 13. The vengeance tour continued with a 6-star workout ticket bearing a Peugeot VGT. The rock-bottom resale price of 449,870 Cr. didn't matter as I hung onto it for tuning purposes.

On the Plus account, I ground the other Italian GT3 (the Lamborghini Huracan) around Sardegna. To spice things up, I set the FM map on 6 for the entire race. The first tank lasted 9 laps at an unaided 1:44.5 pace, and the tires still looked good at the end. Fortunately, SuperFraga decided to first pit on lap 4, so my 26:44 time was good for an easy win.

The 4-star Wheel of Despair puked out a nitrous kit. BLECH!

Tried multiple times with various cars and set ups the Daytona Weekly challenge without any success...
Bought Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 and Audi RS5 DTM.
Both are exeptional race cars.
I tried TT in Sardena and i am in bronze for now 1 sec from silver....
I checked used car list to sell some cars... i am wating the highest price..

Also I just realised, on Wednesday, I did a race on Daytona Circuit, it been newly added since 1.43 update I think, the one with like 16 cars, 10-11 laps I believe going round the OVAL like NASCAR style. Its a funr ace very reminiscent of the DAYTONA ARCADE but with LM cars, but The AI are surprisingly ruthless and keep killing me on like the 5-6th lap. Why do they have this pitting mentality like scummy drivers online? There are also no penalties on this race?

I hadn't touch this race for a while, as I was more focused on online racing, but some say the FORD GT LM spec is very good on it. He is one of the buggers that spun me out. Below is tha race in a nutshell.

Dogs Driving GIF
driving los angeles GIF by James Curran

I bought the Challenger from LCD and a Dino from UCD. Bought the plum crazy paint. I did the High Speed Ring race in the WC Got a 4 🌟 🎫 that I will open when I finish the WC

It was a frustrating day to start on the GTP account. At the refreshed Tsukuba Sunday Cup Classic, which kicked off this week's Weekly Challenges, the Honda Beat doesn't quite have the speed at Tsukuba to beat either of the Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Veloces or the lead Volkswagen Golf I GTI, especially if they start near the front. I tried my go-to Giulia Sprint and the Golf I GTI, only to have Gallo's Veloce start from 3rd each time and have enough speed. I finally resorted to the Toyota Sprinter Trueno, with multiple resets to try to get a competitive race, and the closest I got was the other Giulia Veloce starting in 3rd, and running notably slower than Gallo did in earlier races. Speaking of Gallo, he only climbed 1 position that race, while I got a 4.5 second win in 3:50.6. At least there wasn't a DST bug affecting the Weekly Challenge prices

Running the Nismo 400R at the Mount Panorama Japanese 4WD Challenge is overkill, at least on normal difficulty. It took only 5:08 to get a 6.5-second win.

The game agreed with that assessment, dumping a 3-star Wheel of Despair in my lap. At least the prize wasn't totally worthless; it was a Tundra, which was dumped for 16,820 Cr.

As I had missed the news the 2014 Audi TTS Coupe was an engine-swap candidate, and I had a few R8 engines sitting around, I bought one and put the R8 engine in it in case I needed the boost at the Nurburgring special event. It was a good thing as none of the TTs/TTS's had quite enough juice stock. Even though the 2014 is an evil-handling car, the engine swap just did the trick, getting a clean 0.5-second win in 5:08.5.

I was getting a bit tired by the time the first repeated Weekly Challenge event, Trial Mountain American Clubman Cup (seen last month) came up. It took a few restarts, but a stock Chevrolet Corvette C8 got the clean 5.6-second win in 10:54.2.

I timed my pit stops just right in the Chevrolet Corvette Gr.3 at the High Speed Ring WTC 800. I just beat the rain in on lap 7, putting on intermediate tires and filling it up, then came back down for fuel and RH tires on lap 15. I still had to pass Jones and her 2018 Nissan GT-R on lap 19, but she messed up her 2nd stop, keeping intermediates on and not taking enough fuel. The 25:38 finish was good for a 19-second win over Miyazono in the Subaru BRZ and Jones.

Nearly 51 minutes and required tuning for a measly 817,500 Cr. plus the 2nd-lowest-showing/lowest-possible 100,000 Cr. from the 5-star challenge Wheel of Despair isn't ideal. The back of the worksheet math says that is the 3rd-worst guaranteed Cr./hour payoff of the 19 challenges so far.

I decided to, as usual, overpower the Weekly Challenges on the Plus account as follows:
  • Tsukuba Sunday Cup Classic in 3:29 with a Lamborghini Countach LP400
  • Mount Panorama Japanese 4WD Challenge in 4:47 with a Nissan Concept 2020 VGT
  • Nurburgring Special Event in 5:06 with a @praiano63-tuned 2009 Audi TTS
  • Trial Mountain American Clubman Cup in 9:07 with a Dodge Tomahawk S
  • High Speed Ring WTC 800 in 22:34 with a 2008 Nissan GT-R GT500 on a more-or-less dry run
As the racing spilled over to Saturday, I ended up with two workout tickets in addition to the weekly challenge ticket. The all-cash Weekly Challenge 5-star Wheel of Despair gave the middle-showing/lowest-possible 100,000 Cr., the all-cash Friday workout 5-star Wheel of Despair did the same, and the Saturday 4-star ticket gave a second Peugeot RCZ Gr.3 Road Car (hung onto for tuning purposes).

I finished off the WC. I bought another Tuscan and Tomahawk S to use at the Trial Mountain and Sunday Cup weekly challenge races. I know it was waaaay too much but I was on time constraints earlier this morning so I wanted to plow through the events as quickly as possible. Had 3,4 and 5 ⭐🎟️. Got 10k cr, stage 5 weight reduction for a Lambo and TS050.

kjb
I finished off the WC. I bought another Tuscan and Tomahawk S to use at the Trial Mountain and Sunday Cup weekly challenge races. I know it was waaaay too much but I was on time constraints earlier this morning so I wanted to plow through the events as quickly as possible. Had 3,4 and 5 ⭐🎟️. Got 10k cr, stage 5 weight reduction for a Lambo and TS050.
5* ticket gave you TS050 ?

@kjb got lucky. There is a 7% chance to win that class of car (a Brand Central car worth at least 480,000 Cr. that isn't a guaranteed prize from the original Menu Books. which is close to 100 cars), and somewhere around a 0.07% chance to win a specific car.
No doubt most of the time 5 ⭐s usually give 100k or crap like carbon fiber brakes for cars I don't own

As I got my Saturday mileage in on the Plus account late Friday night/early Saturday morning, I focused all my efforts on the Manufacturer Series, specifically the Chevrolet Corvette Gr.4 (as I'm in the bottom half of GT3, though near the middle) at Deep Forest, on the GTP account. My "fast" tire-test time of 1:36.1 wasn't exactly good, but as it came on lap 15, it did open the thought of doing 17 laps on soft tires.

In official practice, I dropped that to 1:34.7. As usual, I didn't qualify for the race. The longer write-up is over in the GTWS thread, but even though I didn't get the podium, didn't officially get a top 5, and probably wouldn't have picked up 4th had one of the two drivers ahead of me changed tires, I did pick up 4th in a smooth, if slightly-slow race.

The all-cash 5-star Wheel of Despair gave...you guessed it...the middle-showing/lowest-possible 100,000 Cr. @kjb, that exact prize has a 36% chance of showing up on the 5-star, while a "special" part has a 10% chance, just behind the 500,000 Cr. 13% and half the 100,000-450,000 Cr. car's 20%.

Tuned the Viper GTS '02... I think... Tuning on Deep Forest and trying to keep it all motor with no weight reductions, and Racing Softs. Still a little sketch when getting on the gas. I didn't want to add any aero to keep it looking stock as possible.

Livery downloaded so not my actual license plate 😂
IMG_4468.JPG

So today in terms of GT Sport racing, it was very cool!
  • Firstly just checked my Mclaren F1 and oogled at it for so long.
  • Then checked my RED Corvette C8 at Grand Valley, tuned all the way now to 922hp and it is a monster of a V8 motor.
  • Moved to Sport mode, I logged on in the morning to tackle the Manufacturers Cup Race, Season 3, Round 2 with my car being a LEXUS RCF Gr.3 race-car.
  • Clocked a good time of 1:35.17 in the free practice session.
  • Started off 7th which I got thru the qualifier session, which is never sa good as my free pratice runs, becuase the game sets you off in the pits which is never ideal.
  • Started the race strong and it was very chaotic on Turns 1 and Turns 4-5 as the other racers were jostling for positions.
  • I managed to get a good run after P1 leader (guy called Haba nero) pitted and it let me clean to push the lead out. I had a good 5-6sec gap.
  • Was leading the race for a good 10-11laps and had to stay composed to keep it. When pitted I feel back to 3rd place but gave chase as i exited the pitlane.
  • Regained the lead in the 12-14th lap as the other lead cars hadn't done their mandotory tyre pitstop.
  • It was gruelling battle between Myself and a racer called Alan in the Mclaren gt3 racecar, he keep tailing me till lap 15.
  • We had some battling/jostling and I just got pipped to the end to nail 2nd place podium finish! KUDOS to Alan to perservere and win the race!
  • The Lexus got a bit slower on the medium tyre as I felt stronger leading on the softer compound earlier in the race.

Overall a truly good finish in my SR & DR ranking.
Sit back and enjoy the video with a hot brew of Tea and a nice hobknob biscuit! Or whatever biccy you fancy.

Look forward to Round 3 but it Mount panoramaa so booo!

Enjoy photos & video highlight reel via YT below:

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240316110050.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240316111125.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240316115755.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240316115919.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240316113950.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240316114017.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240316121203.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240316121316.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240316185508.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240316121422.jpg

Last edited:
I did the weekly challenges today, which was quite fun.
But the highlight was our weekly Titan Clash. Today I had the pleasure to go with the V6 Clio to Red Bull Ring in order to meet a couple of Titans.
There we had an impressive lecture how to dance with a french lady on an austrian dance floor.
Unfortunately the teacher was Greek 😅

Cheers M

Yesterday went out early and had a couple of beers before coming home. Did first three weekly challenges and topped out to 30 miles with a quick race, not pretty but put some extra coins in the bank.
Today did Deep Forrest raceway using a 700pp Ford Focus RS, looked to do LeMans in the Aston Martin DB3, I need to fix the suspension before attempting any corners in this snaps viscously into over steer even with no power on.
Bought a CLK GTr and did a single race at Sardinia in this, this car will earn it's 8m credit purchase price back with ease only thing needing a change was the tyres to be a race winner.

Yesterday had a very nice noon .
The Class of Titans online race was made yesterday noon to serve all members to participate and not at Sunday which usually is.

I wasn't the faster one but steady and with less mistakes ride give me the win over faster opponents than me 😁

Racing for fun with friends that respect its other is very enjoyable and history proves that everyone can win .

Other than that ,was my turn to design the new event for next week and i share a lap with the next compo with foreign land title .
Its a 73 Porsche on SS tyres that Stock will slide his back at GV south.

Also i run one la sarthe for grinding purpose since am lower than 90 millions and feel kind of " naked " 😂

In a couple of hours ill take Sunday's ticket and open them all to see what they will bring ,but since i got my two desperate wanted invitations ( Ferrari and Pagani ) i don't care that much.

This is for 3/16/2024.

I had not done the weekly challenges yet. I threw on Joe Rogan's Green Room playlist which they play in the Green Room at the Comedy Mothership. The first 2 races of the day were Trial Mountain American Clubman Cup 700 and then High Speed Ring WTC800. That got me a 6-star roulette Marathon ticket which won 500,000 credits. If I start every day with those 2 races will I always get a 6-star roulette ticket?

Weekly Challenges on Hard Difficulty results and thoughts:
18e4b4274da7-screenshotUrl.jpg

Mitsubishi Lancer EVO IX MR GSR '06 - 700PP - Racing Soft Tires - Tsukuba -1.43
Most recent car I remember applying a tuning specifically for Tsukuba. Far too overpowered to make this competitive, but for a short low-credit race I don't care that much and usually pick a car that I want to drive more. Easy P1 win.
18e4b4236f876-screenshotUrl.jpg
Toyota Alphard Ex Lounge '18 - 700PP - Racing Medium Tires - All Track - SWAP - 1.42
I hadn't raced this in a couple weeks and love hearing the Roar of an Angel that the LFA engine provides. Easy P1 win.
18e4b42045d97-screenshotUrl.jpg
Audi TTS '14 - 700 PP - Racing Hard tires - All Track -Swap-1.39
Interestingly, they let you use an Engine Swap on a Special Event. I'm not complaining. Easy P1 win.
18e4b41cebe36-screenshotUrl.jpg
Dodge Viper GTS '13 - 800PP - Racing hard Tires - All Track - SWAP - 1.40
This has become one of my favorite vehicles over the last 2 months. I haven't driven this track in a while so I was nervous if the fuel consumption needing 2 pit stops would cause a lower position in the end. FM6 with a pit after laps 7 and 14. P1 win.

18e4b428e7342-screenshotUrl.jpg
Doc's Emporium Alfa Romeo Alfa Touring Berlinetta ‘38
Tried this tuning first at Sunday Cup Classic at Goodwood. Easy P1 win. So then I went to Brands Hatch for the European Clubman Cup 600. I was in P3 going into the final turn and I managed to win in P1 so that was a fun race. I only have 2 vehicles left after this to buy for a complete collection.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV GSR '96 - 600PP - Sport Hard tires - Tokyo - 1.43
Had not tried that yet and quickly noticed it might be a top 5 car for this event for the Beginner's Guide. Tested with Auto Transmission and that turned out to be accurate.

In a couple of hours ill take Sunday's ticket and open them all to see what they will bring ,but since i got my two desperate wanted invitations ( Ferrari and Pagani ) i don't care that much.
I had a Pagani invitation out of the 5 stars ticket from the weekly challenges. It is my 3rd Pagani ticket this year and my 4th overall. Odd enough, yesterday I had my very last Pagani invitation expired....

I wish I could send it as a gift to you, as we were able to gift cars back in the GT5 days.

Last edited:
I had a Pagani invitation out of the 5 stars ticket from the weekly challenges. It is my 3rd Pagani ticket this year and my 4th overall. Odd enough, yesterday I had my very last Pagani invitation expired....

I wish I could send it as a gift to you, as we were able to gift cars back in the GT5 days.

Thanks for your kind thoughts mate but i already got one last Sunday ( i open them once a week ) and i already bought 5 of them 😂 .
Also i got and a Ferrari couple weeks ago and spent about 20millions on them.

It would be very good if we can gift cars anyway ,they are enough players seeking desperately one or more invitations to buy the cars are missing.

Today I...

Took 1 step closer to completing my special goal of owning Every Invite Car in Every Color + X20.

Got the Lamborghini invite and bought 14 more Veneno.

Now only the Porsche Carrera GT which I have every color of but only X7.

To update my progress so far.

Ferrari Laferrari - X23
Ferrari FXX-K - X28
Ferrari Enzo - X23
Aston Martin Vulcan - X20
Aston Martin One-77 - X20
Pagani Huayra - X25
Bugatti Veyron - X29
Citroen GT by Citroen - X20
Lamborghini Veneno - X20
Porsche Carrera GT - X7 - Every color but not yet X20.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240317153020.jpg

Last edited:
Back