What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,456 comments
I built a car for the purpose of reaching the 500 km/h goal. And of course I did it properly - by choosing the Countach for the task and giving it an X-wing inspired livery.

Took about ten test runs with some tweaks to the settings and the grid, but it finally came together.

Today I..

My PS5 says I have played gt7 for over 3000 hours now.
20240705181816.png

Brought totally too much car to the Spa WTC800 with the XJR-9 and won by over a lap without breaking a sweat. Also wish the dusk and dawn period lasted longer because that was atmospheric as heck. Anyway thank you for a cool 1.5 Million credits. I‘ll come back often 😊

Weekly challenges - can we talk about how much of a monster the Mazda 787 is ? Ran at the WTC 800 event.
Had rain at L3 so pitted for wets and top off fuel. Made it to 217 mph ( 349 kph ) on the main straight. Got caught looking at the leaderboard a couple of times and ended up wall riding around T1 ... but ended up still getting a CRB. Weird. Lapped the field.

Bought another 787 from the Legends dealer and de-tuned it to 700pp. I'll see what kind of damage i can do with this one.

FINALLY won the ( insert every single bad word ) Mini race at Goodwood - added high lift cams and nitrous to my original set up.. I have no idea why i never added nitrous before. I guess Paul Walker was right after all... i needed NOS

FINALLY won the ( insert every single bad word ) Mini race at Goodwood
Tried that several times yesterday with my stock Mini... then had the brilliant idea to do the chassis lightening... once I equip sports tires I have no room left for power adds, and everyone (well, 6th is best so far) simply drives by me... seems lighter isn't that influential on a momentum track... whoops.

Tried that several times yesterday with my stock Mini... then had the brilliant idea to do the chassis lightening... once I equip sports tires I have no room left for power adds, and everyone (well, 6th is best so far) simply drives by me... seems lighter isn't that influential on a momentum track... whoops.
Don't worry - you'll get it.

Im not a tuner by any means but this is what my settings are... comes out to 349.33 pp. Hope this helps.

SH tires
Sports suspension
ECU - 88
Ballast - 120
Position - plus 50
Power restrictor - 87
Customizable manual trans
Top speed - 160
Nitrous - 50 percent
Sports air cleaner and muffler
Semi racing clutch and flywheel
Bore up
High lift camshaft
Titanium rods and pistons
High compression pistons
Weight reduction - stage 1 and 2

As I missed yesterday, today turned into Weekly Challenge Day. On the GTP account, it was the usual "fair-play" run:
  • Trial Mountain Japanese 4WD Challenge in 4:46 with a stock 1994 Nissan GT-R
  • Sardegna European Clubman Challenge in 6:10 with a stock 2007 BMW M3
  • Lake Maggiore Special Event in 7:11 with a stock Volvo V40 (with a few restarts due to traffic)
  • Goodwood Historic Sports Car Masters in 7:18 with a stock Ferrari 512 BB (after many restarts, and it wouldn't have been possible had the Miura, or the missing 1974 Countach, started first instead of second)
  • Tokyo WTC 800 in a mostly-dry (some rain laps 3-4, though I didn't take rain tires) 21:48 with a stock Chevrolet Corvette Gr.3
The 6-star ticket gave the high-showing (and only legal) 1,000,000 Cr., while the 4-star workout Wheel of Despair gave the high-showing (and only legal) 30,000 Cr.

On the Plus account, it was time to (mostly) overpower the Weekly Challenges:
  • Trial Mountain in 4:15 with a stock Nissan CONCEPT 2020 VGT
  • Sardegna in 4:28 with a stock Ferrari VGT (how that can be called a road car on RM tires is beyond me)
  • Lake Maggiore in 7:06 with a Volvo V40 on SH tires and with a full-custom ECU
  • Goodwood in 7:09 with a stock Porsche 959 (and so many restarts due to both the track and lack of stability)
  • Tokyo in a sopping-wet (I ran full-wet tires between laps 4 and 8 and intermediates the last 2) 21:44 with a stock (other than the rain tires) Lexus SC430 GT500
The 6-star gave a second Jaguar VGT Roadster, which I hung onto for tuning purposes, while the cashless 4-star Wheel of Despair gave a racing muffler for a car that could use it.

Did Le Mans in the dry in the Gr. 3 Corvette. 4 laps FM6 and three FM1/3 and I LOVED that car on that track. I save fiddling with the setup for another day as I feel the cars have way too much aero for this track, but man it was fun. In the first stint I got a couple of good drafts from the Lambo and the Aston so cheers guys for dragging me along 😎

Did some more of the online TT, weekly races to get sum credits and sport races that were fun at Watkins glen.

Unlocked a 3-star roultte to only get 5k creds lol.

Unfortunately the Porsche GT3 doesnt have the pace of the Mazda RXVISION in Daily Race C. I found out the hard way lol.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240706213122.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240706212854.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240706210157.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240706203133.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240706210115.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240705171245.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240705170306.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240705170413.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240705170729.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240705161048.jpg

SH as per rules, low RPM turbo, ballast 51 kgs at -16 and power restrictor at 75% gives me 349.92 pp. You should manage beating it, please give it a try. No TCS, Auto tranny, ABS.

Needs a little more power initially to keep up and benefit from the draft from P2-4. don’t let P6 sneak up the inside after start.

Weigh front makes weight transfer under breaking better I find.

You should be able to draft by/outbreak P2-4 on first lap and overtake P1 after chicane as AI is bad at taking it. Good luck.

Last edited:
Sometime over the previous 2 weeks, I picked up birthday cars. On the GTP account, it was the Bugatti Chiron (hung onto for stock purposes), while on the Plus account, it was a third 2018 Nissan GT-R GT3 (GT Movie livery), dumped for a mere 183,520 Cr. Naturally, none of my GTWS picks came home, though both accounts are in line for the watch tickets.

As for driving, on the Plus account, I inexplicably struggled at Sardegna with the non-movie 2018 Nissan GT-R, and had Fraga been on his game, I wouldn't have won. I picked up an engine ticket, which gave me a Evo Rally Car engine.

On the GTP account, as the physics are about to be changed, I abandoned my re-run and ground Sardegna with the Chevrolet Corvette Gr.3, and it was a grind between me constantly catching traffic in the esses after T2 and the tires acting like the track was sopping wet. The only good thing was Fraga wasn't super.

The parts Wheel of Despair puked out some titanium...for a car that already has all the titanium I could ever want.

-Completed the X2019 Nations Cup menu book and got a Lexus RC-F GT500 from the gift ticket
-I then put the bigger wing on the RC-F and drove it around Catalunya
-Drove the Porsche 962 around Catalunya
-Drove the GR Yaris around Brands Hatch
-Drove the Chiron around Interlagos

Got my free roulette tickets from the Montreal show, just needed to sign up and then watch to get em.
First ticket gave me 1.000.00 Cr, second ticket (car) gave me a SF19 Toyota Super Formula.

I also predicted Lexus as winner in the manufacturer cup and got another 1.000.000Cr for that.
I had C.Lopez as my driver of choice but he did not win.

Screenshot 2024-07-08 114857.png

With a great start like that i headed to Sardegna to get some more Credits, cant have to much money? :)

Last edited:
Back