What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,929 comments
Today, probably nothing. The last time I booted up the game, I updated the OMC Stratos setup to add some weight, reduce the power and get rid of some of the handling problems at low speed. I won't be sharing it now, but the AI is now somewhat capable of driving the same setup I am using (35:65 weight distribution).

There seems to be someone hosting an endurance event currently, which is infinitely more interesting than my brief little update.
Screenshot from 2024-07-20 16-30-35.png

link

Last edited:
Had to run Autopolis 5 times in my Lexus RC F to finally secure 2nd and complete the weekly challenges. All races were in the dry. 6* gave me an Aston Valkyrie so quite happy with that.

Then for another dry race to Le Mans and this time it was the AMG GT-R Black. What a car! Pitted every other lap for fuel despite FM6, but 300+ km/h down the Mulsanne Straight felt good! Won with around 20 seconds in the lead and leading for most of the race.

And I’ve just realised I own every car in the Legend Dealer apart from the Porsche. I know it’s a requirement for a menu book but I don’t really fancy it so giving it a pass.

Waiting for Lamborghini Countach to come back to the UCD.

Well today I witnessed this shameful behaviour on a Daily Race C I was partaking in. Luckily I avoided this guy but he was really going crazy after being bumped at the last corner of Deep forest. This guy was mental and I felt bad for the racer called Timecop88.

Today spent a good portion of the morning setting up my spare Raspberry pi as a second display above my main monitor. This will act as an alternate display for Simhub. I am playing with Simhub developing a small display now to put on the Pi monitor. Using what I started with (just gear indicator) I tested the setup by running a few of the weekly challenges. So far, so good.

Did 8 campaign races, earned gold in a couple music rally sessions, took 15 scapes/photos, made a couple GT-R liveries and did 4-5 daily races at HSR. And also I worked on some more of the new Sardegna TT for 2 hours.

Last edited:
ZEE
Well today I witnessed this shameful behaviour on a Daily Race C I was partaking in. Luckily I avoided this guy but he was really going crazy after being bumped at the last corner of Deep forest. This guy was mental and I felt bad for the racer called Timecop88.

Its sad watching someone behave like that why not just quit the race and not ruin it for everyone else.

- It rained after the first lap at the WTC 700 and did not stop until the end of the race. First time I've seen this. and this honda is very good.

• Daily : 825.000 X2
  • DW 4 Star : 500.000 CR

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-22 at 07.07.14.jpeg

- After the races, I tried to direct. It looks like a movie could be made from this frame.

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-22 at 07.07.14 (3).jpeg

I took the Valkyrie to the LeMans 900 race. I slapped on RH to get it under 900 pp. At FM6 lap is good enough for 7 laps but I had to pit on lap 5. Then I took Gr2 GTR 500 to the 700 LeMans race. AT FM3 or 4 I was able to get 7 laps. It was a very light rain I was able to no pit stop race. It was a very easy race so much so it was very boring. So I used it at Sardegna but quit after trying 3 races and I kept getting t-boned. Got 5k cr from a ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ 🎫

- It rained after the first lap at the WTC 700 and did not stop until the end of the race. First time I've seen this. and this honda is very good.

I never experience 2nd lap rain that kept going through the end .
I face sometimes rain that kept the track wet all way to 6th lap ( no need 7 lap under this conditions ) but not continuing rain all the way .

Today i got my new wheel and pedals running and oh boy, what a difference it is now compared to the controller 😀 It's only a TS300 GT RS, so no loadcell brakes (but these are definetely on my wishlist now), but for the first time since i am playing GT7 (March this year) i managed a QT that puts me in the upper third of the grid instead of the usual 12th+ place. Now i am really excited what this weeks daily races with my favourite track Spa will bring with more practise.

New week with new weekly races and no matter how much I love Spa I always prefer race C. Road Atlanta is cool and was recently the stage of a"Clash of the Titans". I also like GT4 racing and so I spent some time there. Finally a spotless race with a win. That's a good way to start into a week... 😁
190dba41d7e9-screenshotUrl.jpg

I might come back there and try other cars. So far the Ferrari fits very well for me.
Have a nice week everyone!

Today I bought the incy wincy little SPYDER I'd been waiting for for menu book number 9.
190dbbb519256-screenshotUrl.jpg

One menu book left, just need the classic lamborghini.... But also I want all the new cars on Friday when they come out. So really I'm happy to wait a couple of weeks for the lambo to appear!

On the GTP account, I finally worked through the last set of Weekly Challenges before the 1.49 physics update:
  • Fishermans Ranch Japanese 4WD Challenge in a frustrating 3:24 with a stock (other than the dirt tires) 2017 Nissan GT-R
  • High Speed Ring Schwarzwald League in 6:42 with a stock 2009 Porsche 911
  • Brands Hatch Special Event in 8:35 with a 2017 Alpine A110 tuned to 545 PP (after finding the stock one too slow)
  • Blue Moon Bay Nissan GT-R Cup in 6:54 with a stock 2017 Nissan GT-R
  • Autoplis WTC 900 in a mildly-moist 17:31 with a stock 2016 Lexus RC F GT500 on a no-stop (FM 4) strategy (and the front-running RC F fortunately making a second stop on lap 9)
The parts Wheel of Despair gave some ceramic brakes for a car that doesn't need them, the car Wheel of Despair gave a Peugeot L500R HYbrid VGT, and the...you guessed it...3-star marathon Wheel of Despair gave the low-showing/lowest-possible 5,000 Cr.

Instead of doing a Plus run, after taking my 1,000,000 Cr. from the expired time trial, I tried to hustle a rented Lexus LFA around Sardegna. It was a struggle, but I got to a tenth to the good on the silver cutoff, at 1:49.46.

I took the GTR 500 to Sardegna. I originally had RM tires but I didn't like how the car was handling so I quit and changed my setup to one with RH. I was able to get a little bit more more power and felt better to me. Fuel economy was still good. I have only driven this car a couple of times and while it is a good car very stable and handles well it's kinda of boring to me. I think I need to do a 900 -950 pp set up and see if it will be more exciting to me. Anyway got 30k cr from a 4 ⭐ 🎫 . Then I swapped a Sileighty and painted it

Well Ive had my power back on for a few days after Hurricane Beryl but we've had some major internet outages as well, so i just got my wifi and everything back on last night.

I woke up early this morning ( not on purpose ) so I decided to knock out some loose ends....

- saw a youtube video about a RUF engine swap for the Subaru Gr B road car, so I bought it. Damn - this car is fast.

- tried out my daily Toyota Hypercar at the WTC 900 weekly race at Autopolis. Easy win.

- Checked the Legends car dealer and saw the Mercedes 190 is back in stock so I decided to treat myself and get two more. Found some classic DTM liveries for Kurt Thimm and Ellen Lohr

- Went back and played the Dragon Tail and Trial Mountain Red Bull X2019 races. Improved on my previous P2 finishes by winning both. Only race left is Lake Maggiore.

I know we have the update coming tomorrow so Im kinda looking forward to that new track.

Got bumped just from silver at Sardegna so I went back for a couple of laps and improved my time a whole second for a very safe silver. Now gold is well within reach but I’m not motivated. But I’m pretty pleased with myself.

It was a Plus-only run tonight, with the Weekly Challenges:
  • Fishermans Ranch in an unclean 3:27 with a Mitsubishi Evo IV tuned to 550 PP (only after many, many restarts)
  • High Speed Ring in 6:11 with a stock Mercedes-AMG GT Black
  • Brands Hatch in 7:55 with a fully-tuned 2017 Alpine A110 (after many restarts because I can't drive)
  • Blue Moon Bay in 6:45 with a stock 2017 Nissan GT-R NISMO
  • Autopolis in a dry 17:08 with a stock 2010 Peugeot 908 HDi FAP...with so many tries I got a second marathon ticket, and by a whisker over the non-pitting Kawakami in his 2016 Nissan GT-R GT500
Of ****ing COURSE both workout Wheels of Despair were 3-star affairs puking out the low-showing cash prize (Wednesday ticket for 10,000 Cr., Thursday ticket for 5,000 Cr.), putting me a full 3-star ahead of schedule since the 1.17 update. The parts ticket was little better, puking up a bore up s for a car/engine for which I already had one. At least the car ticket gave me the Red Bull X2019 Competition, which I hung onto for stock purposes.

Logged in to get a birthday car (VW Beetle Gr.3) and then upgraded a Suzuki Swift to cope with the lack of New Beetle Cup Car '00.

I was expecting 508 PP for the build and ended up at ~525 PP. Oops. Guess that happens when you use one car for reference values (SLS GT3).

Also completed 2 races with the Swift:
  • 25 Minutes of the Nordschleife
  • 25 Minutes of Trial Mountain

74286b3272e278c11b68d5831aa344c9_photo.webp

Now it's just time to sleep wait until the maintenance period is over.

I did the "Human Comedy" Tsukuba race. Was more fun than i excpected. The Mazda is a funny thing to drive. And the 1200000 Cr. are a welcome bonus on my way to afford the Ferrari 330.
Now there are 3 Comedy races left, including the Kei Car slow motion horror.

Back