What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 13,062 comments
The Porsche book is complete.

Ferrari is off the 5 star ticket.

At the WTC 700, I crossed the finish line in 15 seconds, the other cars couldn't and I did a solo lap. For the first time, I went around the last lap of the race greeting the audience.

1721106334590.png
1721106305540.png
1721106368881.png

I got two 6* tickets for watching the GT World Series videos, and got a Bugatti VGT (Gr. 1) (a dupe), and a McLaren P1 GTR '16 worth 3.6 million Cr., making it the most valuable car I've got with a ticket since the game came out. A nice treat to start the day :cheers:

Spent some time ruining a Lancia Stratos for fun. If it happens to be quick that is just an unintended side effect :P
ROHM Theatre Kyoto_.jpeg

Widebody + 18 Inch Wheels (Wide)

Ran a few races / laps and realized that the AI could not drive this thing at all. Then I tweaked it so they would crash less and just let them have a go at it without my intervention. As always, CPU racing technique is... interesting.

The moment they had to slow down for something, they were toast.
--
If you happen to be really bored or need background noise to sleep, I shared the race in-game. (link)
Screenshot from 2024-07-16 02-24-43.png

Attachments

• Gran Turismo® 7_20240716035223.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20240716035223.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Gran Turismo® 7_20240716035237.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20240716035237.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Gran Turismo® 7_20240716035232.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20240716035232.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
What a race! Bought the Hond RA272 and took it to Le Mans just to see how it stacked up stock… and ended up winning the race by 23 seconds without a pitstop on FM1 and in the dry. Which was a good thing because I didn’t even bother to buy IMs because it was intended as just a test run 😂 got the Veyron GR 4 from a 5*

A friend noticed that I am close to a WR at the S-1 License. Actually lost that at a point after Halloween last year :D.

Sat down and after ~500km its back in my hands. Improvement of about 0.17 seconds. Much yellow paint has been left on that T2 wall :cool:.

(Tried the wallride on the Circuit Experience aswell: At Sector 1 its impossible, but very easy at the Full Lap. 1:02,280 for a temporary WR, lap is not that good and will be beaten soon)

Last edited:
No Daily races really entice me this week so, I’m going to do time trials but, I also bought a Honda RA 272 Formula 1 car. I took it to Spa today and it’s proving to be pretty frustrating to drive. My goal is to drive it with no traction control but I have to ween myself slowly. I think someone forgot to attach the rear wing and boy, it would sure benefit from one 😬…
IMG_0328.jpeg
IMG_0327.jpeg

I decided to try my hand a online racing... my driver ratings from GTsport must have transferred over as I am B-S...
Entered and Qualified for Deep Forest, started 2nd to last with another B driver in a field of A's and A+'s, all S safety... got as high as 8th due to all the carnage ahead... then got "removed" from the track on the front straight (of all places!) and finished last.
I was shocked at the smashing/crashing of A/S, A+/S drivers.
Decided to try High Speed Ring... every car but me was a Bugatti, then I witnessed some amazing wall riding stunts... finished the race and left.
I know it's only 2 races, but, is that typical of the state of online?

Experience 😂. I can't speak for everyone but eventually I started to learn which corners tend to bite and then eventually learn where's a safe spot for the accelerator on those corners..
Q: Which corners bite on the RA272
A: All of them 😂😂

A very fun car to drive though! I find it okay once in the corner (from memory from one of the old series races at The Glen) but it was under braking that it became a fiesty little beast to control. Might be thinking of something different though

I decided to try my hand a online racing... my driver ratings from GTsport must have transferred over as I am B-S...
Entered and Qualified for Deep Forest, started 2nd to last with another B driver in a field of A's and A+'s, all S safety... got as high as 8th due to all the carnage ahead... then got "removed" from the track on the front straight (of all places!) and finished last.
I was shocked at the smashing/crashing of A/S, A+/S drivers.
Decided to try High Speed Ring... every car but me was a Bugatti, then I witnessed some amazing wall riding stunts... finished the race and left.
I know it's only 2 races, but, is that typical of the state of online?
Yes, that is generally the state of online, it gets pretty frustrating at times. I’ve also found that malicious driving is worse at certain times of day but also better at certain times. I had a race last Sunday in an A/B lobby at Interlagos with lots of mid-pack passing in the last 3 laps with NO contact. You don’t have to win to have a fun race.
Also, at the end of the day, as you advance through those malicious levels, I’ve found that I actually learn some things. I no longer do battle with angry drivers, I let them pass and go wreck multiple cars ahead of me. It turns out that malicious drivers gain me racing position. They don’t just hate me, they hate everyone.

Yes, that is generally the state of online, it gets pretty frustrating at times. I’ve also found that malicious driving is worse at certain times of day but also better at certain times. I had a race last Sunday in an A/B lobby at Interlagos with lots of mid-pack passing in the last 3 laps with NO contact. You don’t have to win to have a fun race.
That's disheartening.
Agree on not having to win to enjoy, I entered those races with no 'dis'illusions of being at the front, just wanted to "race"... not watch folks "game". Your Interlagos race sounds a delight.
Also, at the end of the day, as you advance through those malicious levels, I’ve found that I actually learn some things. I no longer do battle with angry drivers, I let them pass and go wreck multiple cars ahead of me. It turns out that malicious drivers gain me racing position. They don’t just hate me, they hate everyone.
I was surprised a race full of DR A and A+ drivers ('cept 2 B's, me and 1 other) -and- all SR S rated... that I would have been clear of malicious behavior... especially given it was all the A and A+ drivers creating the wrecks/mahem... I was just trying to make my way through the mess without getting collected (was working well for several laps)... never saw the other B rated driver again... guess he went by while I was wrecked tho as I finished last :).

Thanks for your reply.
Maybe I'll look into lobbies.

That's disheartening.
Agree on not having to win to enjoy, I entered those races with no 'dis'illusions of being at the front, just wanted to "race"... not watch folks "game". Your Interlagos race sounds a delight.

I was surprised a race full of DR A and A+ drivers ('cept 2 B's, me and 1 other) -and- all SR S rated... that I would have been clear of malicious behavior... especially given it was all the A and A+ drivers creating the wrecks/mahem... I was just trying to make my way through the mess without getting collected (was working well for several laps)... never saw the other B rated driver again... guess he went by while I was wrecked tho as I finished last :).

Thanks for your reply.
Maybe I'll look into lobbies.
so, since Ive really gotten locked in on improving my DR, I review most of my races, usually from the cockpit behind me or maybe even 2 behind. I find that a lot of what I felt was bad or malicious driving, was actually just a "racing accident" and many times, the bad moves were on my part. Its sometimes hard to tell from inside the car.

Last edited:
so, since Ive really gotten locked in on improving my DR, I review most of my races, usually from the cockpit behind me or maybe even 2 behind. I find that a lot of what I felt was bad or malicious driving, was actually just a "racing accident" and many times, the bad moves were on my part. Its sometimes hard to tell from inside the car.
hmmm... i did not save the races.
Much appreciate that little tid-bit... possibly being much slower - I was unpredictable... and causing the front straight incident, admittedly, it was on the "kink".
Thank you.

There is no fixing the wall riding bit at HSR, but, maybe I'll jump into Deep Forest and see how I may have caused the incident via replay.
Insightful.
Thank you.

I
hmmm... i did not save the races.
Much appreciate that little tid-bit... possibly being much slower - I was unpredictable... and causing the front straight incident, admittedly, it was on the "kink".
Thank you.

There is no fixing the wall riding bit at HSR, but, maybe I'll jump into Deep Forest and see how I may have caused the incident via replay.
Insightful.
Thank you. an SR-S rating, one reason is that I know the tracks well, anticipate hard turns and slower traffic
I’ve had a problem of being too heavy on brakes on corner entry. From behind, it looks like I’m brake checking, that’s not my intent but, I might as well be (initially I was getting punted quite a bit). Based on reviewing my races, I’m trying to be much smoother on corner entry/ exit, MUCH less brake.

After a few days away, on the GTP account, I dusted off the older Audi R8 LMS to grind Sardegna. I probably shouldn't have, as the 3-star Wheel of Despair puked out the low-showing 10,000 Cr.

On the Plus account, I finally did the Weekly Challenges, doubling up on using the Shelby Cobra 427 for the first 2:
  • Monza Sunday Cup Classic in 4:28
  • Road Atlanta American Sunday Cup in 5:01, somehow losing out on the CRB
  • Kyoto VGT Trophy in 10:52 with a Lexus LF-LC GT VGT
  • St. Croix Hypercar Parade in 10:25 with a Dodge Tomahawk S
  • Suzuka Special Event in 12:47 with a SF19 Honda (hey, it's still Japanese)
The 4-star Wheel of Despair was of little help; vomiting the 2nd-low-showing/lowest-possible 10,000 Cr.

I'm still stuck with the crappy T128 (and its slightly less crappy 2 pedals) as Thrustmaster still hasn't sent the replacement power supply for the TGT II. I'm torn between waiting for something that, though promised, probably will never arrive, running down to Chicago to get a TS-TX base for the power supply, going to a bankrupt Fanatec, or trying to figure out how to get a Logitech load cell to work on carpet. The bad news is I'm about to have to pay over $2,000 for brakes and evap system on my car as it should be ready tomorrow.

I got back on the wheel last night after about a week off because of wearing a wrist support (RSI). I've been able to keep earning credits because I can win Sarthe 30min and Sardegna with the controller, but I hadn't had an opportunity to try the 300SL at Willow Springs. Last night was last chance.

That 300SL isn't much to look at on the outside but the interior in VR is a lovely place to be. I was quite interested by the handling balance of the car. Lift off oversteer would quickly escalate beyond my control. Power oversteer was also tricky but was a bit easier to keep on top off. Probably not helped by the wrist support making the swift application of more than a half a turn of opposite lock impossible.

I found that interesting because one thing I knew about the originals was that their oversteer was vicious, usually attributed to the fact they have swing axles, rather like a Beetle. When the back of the car goes upwards, the rear wheel camber starts going positive. The higher the back end lifts, the more positive the camber gets. So lifting off makes the back wheels tuck under, in effect, and that gives less grip which makes the oversteer worse and the wheels tuck more and you end up in a vicious cycle.

Whether PD modelled the car on that reputation or whether it is coincidence, I don't know, but it was a detail that impressed me. Anyway I soon learnt not to trail brake in the SL and eventually managed a time a about half a second inside the silver bracket so should be safe for a million credits, I hope!

After that I took the 330P4 around Sarthe and that too was a lovely place to sit, with better manners too!

EDITED... I'd been calling the old car a 500SL instead of 300SL... 😐

Last edited:
Woke up early and decided to a quick LeMans race. I used the swapped XJ220 which is one of my favorites. Rain came on lap 2 but I didn't pit because I wanted to set the FL 🤣 . It was a hard rain and of course I was passed by Portilla with his All weather tires that allowed him to go much faster than me until he spun out. But he was so far ahead of me it didn't matter. So by the time I pit going into lap 4 I was passed by Hizal who built up 40 second lead. It took me 2 laps to catch him. He pitted at the end of lap 5 and I was to able to take the lead right before he pitted. Finished lap 6 just as time expired. I went back and looked at the replay to figure out how Hizal was able to go so fast. From I was able to tell his Inters + 4wd turned his car into a Super GT4 🤣🤣🤣. Anyway got 10k cr from a 3 ⭐🎫

Bought myself another Pennzoil GT 500 and found a Loctite livery

.... but more importantly last night at 1808 Central Daylight Time ( CDT ) after 944 hours, 11 minutes, and 2 seconds of gameplay.... I FINALLY beat the ( insert every single bad word ) Red Bull X2019 Menu Book - and I have absolutely no shame in admitting i used the Easy difficulty setting. My six star ticket reward was an Aston Martin One - 77

To paraphrase the Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King Jr..... "THANK GOD ALMIGHTY - I AM FREE AT LAST !!!"

Back