What do you think is the most difficult turn in the game?

• Thread starter Magog
  • 115 comments
United States
United States
For me it has to be the final turn at Willow Springs. The Gr. B race there is the last one I have left to beat and with my current setup I have to accelerate into it, pull off, accelerate, pull off, accelerate, brake and lightly accelerate out of it. The damn thing goes on forever and I guess because of how dusty the track is it seems like it has the least grip of any dry track in the game. 🤨

For me it has to be the final turn at Willow Springs. The Gr. B race there is the last one I have left to beat and with my current setup I have to accelerate into it, pull off, accelerate, pull off, accelerate, brake and lightly accelerate out of it. The damn thing goes on forever and I guess because of how dusty the track is it seems like it has the least grip of any dry track in the game. 🤨
If you're doing that, you're taking the corner wrong, if you turn in really late you can take without lifting the throttle and carry way more speed onto the straight, as Jackie Stewart once said, "Only put your foot on the throttle once your sure you don't have to take it off again!"

Do all turns on Nürburgring Nordschleife count?
If we can condense into 1 turn that section of the Nordschleife between the big paved hairpin and the final right hander onto the main straight, for whatever reason my brain just cannot latch onto anything in that section to memorize, no matter how many times I've been round it. I just end up approaching every turn as if it's the first time, too tentative, and it loses me a lot of seconds going through there.

The rest of the circuit I could give a good go of knowing off by heart, but that section just terrorizes me :lol:

Maybe not the most difficult, but one I've always really struggled with driving consistently is Pouhon at Spa. The long, double left-hander.

One lap will be understeer all the way through it, the next I nail the entry and am on full throttle right after the first apex.

If you're doing that, you're taking the corner wrong, if you turn in really late you can take without lifting the throttle and carry way more speed onto the straight, as Jackie Stewart once said, "Only put your foot on the throttle once your sure you don't have to take it off again!"

Yeah this whole track especially with a Gr b car has my driving all messed up. All the car wants to do is slide sideways off the track. I've tried a million setups and I'm getting the worst of both oversteer and understeer.

If we can condense into 1 turn that section of the Nordschleife between the big paved hairpin and the final right hander onto the main straight, for whatever reason my brain just cannot latch onto anything in that section to memorize, no matter how many times I've been round it. I just end up approaching every turn as if it's the first time, too tentative, and it loses me a lot of seconds going through there.

The rest of the circuit I could give a good go of knowing off by heart, but that section just terrorizes me :lol:
My brother from another mother! I'm hearing you. I am still trying to gold IA10 which is in that section. I just can't memorise it.

I’m not a fan of Willow Springs in general. Off-camber corners get me every time!

I suppose I’d get comfortable with it if I actually put some time into learning the circuit properly, but I just don’t enjoy it. Maybe once I’m at a loose end I’ll dedicate time to Circuit Experience.

And @Mercia describes my own relationship with the Nordschleife perfectly! Some of my lap times round there are truly embarrassing 😆

I would like to be a driving instructor for the ring for you, but I am afraid that my English is so mangy and bad that it would not be of much help to you.

I can only say again and again, try to drive the ring very smoothly.. let it roll. Apart from a shapely woman, he has the most beautiful curves in the world. :D

But for real, that last right-hander that seems to go on forever on Willow Springs and maybe the first turn at Monza, because I end up in the shadow realm basically every time I race on that track.

Last edited:
Dragon Trail Gardens's square hairpin. Where do you brake? Where do you go on the throttle? Will you have excessive understeer, or excessive oversteer, or both? What is the strange substance in the run-off area, if not asphalt? There are no right answers.
I agree.

It's a sort of double apex left hand hairpin, but the exit of the second part tightens, so you have to find the right line as you come through the first left.

I like to go deep into the first part, run out to the white line, then stay wide before turning back into the tighter second left.

It has the added component of being the corner before the long pit straight, so a poor exit will compromise your speed down that straight.

I also find the last corner at Laguna Seca has a similar feel (though it has a more severe exit), in that it tightens on exit making it easy to run off and into the gravel if you over do it.

Last edited:
The reconfigured hairpin at Deep Forest can be a pain if you don’t get a good exit and the rear steps out.

Back when the daily races were first starting I was using an R32 GTR for the race there, but at the corner it felt like I was trying to turn a cargo ship.

The infamous hairpin at Suzuka (A-9 licence sigh lol) has always freaked me out even when I play F1.😛

Last edited:
The reconfigured hairpin at Deep Forest can be a pain if you don’t get a good exit and the rear steps out.

Back when the daily races were first starting I was using an R32 GTR for the race there, but at the corner it felt like I was trying to turn a cargo ship.

The infamous hairpin at Suzuka (A-9 licence sigh lol) has always freaked me out even when I play F1.😛
The Suzuka hairpin is my favourite part of the track. It's about the only corner I can nail consistently.

Deep Forest hairpin just before the main straight. Its a true 1st gear corner with bad camber and with RWD cars its sometimes very hard to accelerate out of it. The corkscrew at Laguna Seca is super easy compared to it.

Any hairpin or tight corner in this game: Tsukuba, Deep Forest, Suzuka, Monza, end of Trial Mtn come to mind. Pretty much any non-racecar with anything less than RH tyres will understeer like crazy. Just infuriating.

I actually installed the steering angle kit on some FF cars, nothing to do with drifting, but instead to give a better turning circle at low speeds. Actually helps lol.

Laguna Seca in general seems to have noticeably less grip then other tracks. Always have to set my brake-markers further back compared to other circuits, it's obvious when you're doing a series of tracks for an event in the same car.

Turn 1 in the Daytona road race
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Back