What does a car say about its driver?

Mustang: Owners can't drive, and are arrogant assholes

Camaro: Owner is stuck in the 80s, has a mullet and probably does meth

Might as well...

Audi TT roadster- more than a little in touch with their feminine side.
Renault Espace- their friends poke holes in condoms.
Mazda MX5- Avid Jalopnik reader.
Peugeot 208 GTi- I really wanted a 205 GTi but... daily driving y'know.
Lotus Elise- My chiropractor took my money.
Fisker Karma- I SPENT ALL THAT MONEY FOR A CAR FROM A DEAD COME ANY?
Saab- Yes, I did buy this. BMW just doesn't appeal to my artistic vision. Or Audi Mercedes Lexus or...
Toyota Prius- SAVE THE RREEEEEEEEEEEEES

Jaguar XF
Business man in a midlife crisis

Jaguar F-Type
Rich business man in a midlife crisis

Toyota Prius
Talks about the environment, before overtaking you at 140 km/h (which is 20 km/h over the limit) on a motorway.

How do they manage to get cargo from London to Edinburgh, and are European "big rigs" not allowed to enter the UK?
picard.jpg

We're talking about pickup trucks not rigs...

Going by the original thread rules.

Screen-Shot-2013-05-27-at-10.24.09-PM.png

Eccentric old enthusiast who makes six figures and could easily afford a nice new car, but chooses instead to expend his income into maintaining this W124 that he bought new, now with an impressive amount of miles on it. He has a Porsche 911 for the weekends.

16303219821_c21549f129_h.jpg

16305000565_bea59edf02_h.jpg

Range Rover Autobiography Black Edition
' I am very important so I bought a Range Rover Autobiography Black Edition so everyone knows im very important'
or
'I like to think im a footballer'
1974 Reliant scimitar se5/5a

image001.png

Stop posting suv, cuv and so on it doesn't make sense.
Yes it does. You said that "Japanese cars in general - ricers". It's not totally outrageous or anything to assume that you think Japanese cars are ricers. And therefore, you will assume that any Japanese car is a ricer. And Honda and Toyota are definitely Japanese carmakers. So you must, by that logic, think that the Pilot and Land Cruiser are ricers.

I hope we've learned something today about making sweeping generalisations and giving in to stereotypes.

Yes it does. You said that "Japanese cars in general - ricers". It's not totally outrageous or anything to assume that you think Japanese cars are ricers. And therefore, you will assume that any Japanese car is a ricer. And Honda and Toyota are definitely Japanese carmakers. So you must, by that logic, think that the Pilot and Land Cruiser are ricers.

I hope we've learned something today about making sweeping generalisations and giving in to stereotypes.
Well put.

I'm about as far from a ricer as one can get. Frankly, I couldn't care less if I were called one anyway, but generalizations like that are ridiculous. Pinpoint a CRX with a wing resembling the handle of a shopping cart or an Integra with a 442-esque twin scoop hood (I've seen one), but a run-of-the-mill compact or midsize SUV with no discernable modifications?

Back