What have you done to your car today?

Again not my car but finally got my friends Bronco transmission lines done. Rear brake lines next, then it's time for a windshield and some fixed holes that are in the floor, possibly a tailgate then out of the shop it goes for inspection.

That sounds like a fun project.

Well first the EEC (ECU) fried and we replaced that, and it started right up after 6 months, first try. When we moved it, it was shooting out tranny fluid across the shop so we fixed those (line was spliced and it was spurting out in a solid stream. Almost 20 years old and original lines, not too bad in my book). Then this happened.

I think you live in the wrong state. No one hates driving in the snow unless they can't or are afraid.
With a dinky accord, it shouldn't be the latter.

I can drive in snow just fine, and with FWD it's all too easy. It's the other drivers on the road I don't like, I've been almost ran into too many times for non-essential driving to be worth it. Idiots think they can handle the curves (and sometimes a straight road even) at the posted speed limit. Just today while walking home from the grocery store I pushed a girl in a Mustang out of the curb I watched her understeer into. She was just flooring it trying to back out, and that is not how you do it.

Colorado the wrong state? Lol, you slay me. The summers are too good. Does your state have roads like this at 14,000 feet?

DSC_0087.jpg

Last edited:
You hate driving in snow. You live in colorado.
Hey, I hate humid weather. I live in Chicago.
Still not getting it?
You slay me morer.

I think you live in the wrong state. No one hates driving in the snow unless they can't or are afraid.
With a dinky accord, it shouldn't be the latter.

I can and I'm not afraid of it since I grew up with the stuff, I just hate driving in it.

I love the snow, and winter in Canada isn't the same without it. Unfortuantly, now that I'm a home owner and work full time, it makes life or difficult than enjoyable.

CyborgGT
I can drive in snow just fine, and with FWD it's all too easy. It's the other drivers on the road I don't like, I've been almost ran into too many times for non-essential driving to be worth it. Idiots think they can handle the curves (and sometimes a straight road even) at the posted speed limit. Just today while walking home from the grocery store I pushed a girl in a Mustang out of the curb I watched her understeer into. She was just flooring it trying to back out, and that is not how you do it.

Colorado the wrong state? Lol, you slay me. The summers are too good. Does your state have roads like this at 14,000 feet?

I am DEFINITELY coming for a visit this summer. I downright have to hit these roads!

I'm from missouri so even if I don't have the money (I'm 18, that means I'm poor) il hop on my buell and make it there for $25 ;)

The good thing about that particular road (at least for bikers), Pikes Peak, is that it's now fully paved so you can take anything up it. Last summer it was still on-and-off gravel.

CyborgGT
The good thing about that particular road (at least for bikers), Pikes Peak, is that it's now fully paved so you can take anything up it. Last summer it was still on-and-off gravel.

A very sad day it was when they paved that. R.I.P. The original proof of uphill badassary.

When I was about 4 my dad took us up Pikes Peak. At night.. In the rain... In a Trans Am........

Edit: my older sister named it "The nightmare road from hell" 👍

The dirt hill climb was epic, but all the records from the past are irrelevant now.

At least we might see some new and interesting talent at the hill. Japanese time attack cars, anybody? European hill climbers? Formula cars? Who knows, we could see some weird stuff on tarmac.

Lol, that's why I added that bit for bikers. Not having dirt takes away from the whole challenge of the hill climb. 10 minutes will be nothing now. But at the same time, it's better for my own driving since I don't have a Subaru. Formula cars will definitely make it after seeing Rhys's Hyundai and this weird little similarly-styled electric racer that was there in 2010.

I should look for my old spark plug cover at my parents house and send it to ya, you can experiment a lot more when you have room for mistakes. 👍

If you're serious, I'll buy it off you. Mine just cracked. That's what I did today: took the valve cover off. Practiced with the aircraft remover on the F22's VC yesterday and it still worked somewhat decent in the cold, so I'm going ahead with the H.

Last edited:
How far into Colorado is it? I know our states link up in one tiny corner. I'd love to see some of that scenery.

Almost directly in the center, if a bit east. Compared to a known trip from Fort Collins, CO to Sioux Falls, SD being 10 hours, I'd guess you're looking at about a 12 hour drive following the speed limit.

I've got a point near the base saved on my GPS, the coord's are:
N 38 deg 54.471'
W 104 deg 59.022'

Pikes and Mt Evans (just west-southwest of Golden, CO) are two gorgeous 14-ers you can drive right up to the summit of. Evans's road even takes you a few feet higher than Pikes's. It's pretty surreal looking out over such a large region of this country from that height. Definitely one of those views you have to take in before you die. Go to the Hill Climb next year, make it a fun event.

Not technically done yet but got a Waeco fridge/freezer, fire extinguisher and remote central locking kit for "VTEC Yo!" all for Christmas. Gonna install them all once I've gotten off the Christmas Scotch :D

The last couple days I've been working on my vc shaving when I get a chance. "VTEC" is gone and "DOHC" is almost there. It's on a slight curve in the metal, so I'm easing my way through it. I've made a few slight mistakes with the die grinder, some little pits. Hopefully some sandable primer will fill them in enough... maybe JB weld spread really thin, haha! The dremel is more for precision work and doesn't look smart for the large surface. Doing as much as I can by hand, with a rubber sanding block and various grits of paper.

Got a 88 Mustang Gt a few years back and started restoring it as of late. It has 70,000 original miles and runs superb. Just needs a little tlc.

Today I fixed the badly wired fuel pump. Fuel pump was wired straight to the battery with no relay and bypassing the computer.:ouch: Also fixed the non-working interior lights. Yet another wiring boo boo. Put a new heater unit in and reinstalled the dash/center console.

I just found this thread so I'll have lots more to post here. Already have suspension all buttoned up with new bushings, ball joints, tie rods, shocks, struts, etc. You name it, its been replaced. I am however retaining all stock parts like the a-arms, control arms, springs, etc. I've always modded the crap out of my Mustangs and would just like a fairly stock Mustang for once. It has a few bolt ons like headers, exhaust, cold air intake, 3.73 rear gear. Nothing special really. Probably do the mass air conversion for obvious reasons(speed density:yuck:)

Anyway, I'll have more to add tomorrow. Or I guess later today now.:) Need to figure out how to do this picture posting thing so I can add some pics. Documenting everything as I go. Maybe I'll just do an album on my profile if I can figure it out and if I get some time.

Spent 6 hours swapping the return hose from the heater valve on my E36 328i Sport. On reflection it would have been simpler to remove the intake manifold and change all 4 hoses... But couldn't get the parts until new year, and its Christmas... And I needed the car in a useable form ASAP. Also, don't have all the tools anyway.

Didn't do a great job, but it worked... Also can't stress enough the importance of bleeding and refilling the cooling system properly after such work.

Pretty much made the front-end Un-aligned when I hit a rock wall, and nearly careened off a cliff. Luckily, I just got some Christmas money. Hello Les Schwab tomorrow.

Yesterday morning I finished shaving the "DOHC VTEC" off my valve cover. Got whatever mistakes I made smoothed out enough to where I think primer will take care of the rest if I'm thorough enough. For this being my first attempt at such a thing, even though it's a relatively small feat, it's a cool feeling seeing something you labored over with your own hands turn out well.

Installed a pair of Sylvania Silverstar Ultras on my car yesterday. Now I have a much brighter light that allows me to see better at night, and the cool white colour looks much nicer as far as I'm concerned.

Calm down there. I'm getting the pics.:lol: I had to figure out how to upload the pics first. Hehe.

A few pics of car on jack stands with the brakes already disassembled.

2011-11-27_16-11-18_704.jpg

2011-11-27_16-12-22_26.jpg

2011-11-27_17-52-22_954.jpg

I don't know what these people were thinking with the white/green combo. Horrible.

Nasty looking suspension. Enough said.

2011-11-27_16-12-08_437.jpg

2011-11-27_16-10-30_46.jpg

Car after paint stripped off. Car had frickin spray paint on it. What the hell. Easier to strip all the way down to metal. Also don't have to worry about the mess with sanding this way.

2011-12-04_18-39-31_478.jpg

2011-12-04_18-39-48_159.jpg

2011-12-04_18-40-49_857.jpg

Interior dash tear down. Had to install new heater unit so it all had to come out. Also some wiring no no's in there to fix.

2011-12-04_18-41-25_680.jpg

2011-12-04_17-12-46_501.jpg

Interior starting to go back in. Mainly just cleaning everthing up as good as possible and steam cleaning the whole interior.

2011-12-28_15-47-56_431.jpg

Front suspension after new components installed. KYB struts, stock springs, stock a-arm, Moog ball joints, Energy Suspension bushings, Moog tie rods, and just noticed the sway not on, but its stock with Energy Suspension end links. Rear suspension was done last with all Energy bushings and just installed KYB shocks.

2011-12-28_14-05-34_347.jpg

2011-12-28_14-05-49_552.jpg

Hoping to get car in primer, new brakes, and have interior finished by end of weekend.👍 When all is said and done the car will be some variation of silver for the color and some nice 17x9 '95 Cobra R wheels.

I'll probably just make an album on my profile showing my progress and hopefully car will be finished sometime this summer. I'm busy with other things and makes it hard to find time to work on it. I'm lucky this week cause Honda and Toyota are shutdown, so my work shuts down also. I know when we go back its going to be full on work because of the earthquake and the flooding in Thailand slowed things way down.

One more pic for the road. Pic of the drag car. This car is a blast.

8-30-201085055PM.jpg

Last edited:
When you did your alignment, did you start by putting the steering wheel in its normal position and adjusting tie rods etc accordingly? Everything down in the suspension is straight?

Latest Posts

Back