What have you done to your car today?

Put a lip spoiler on the front, then used some PlastX to clean up my head lights before taking all 4 winter tires down to balanced before putting them on. Threw a new set of end links on the front (clunking and teetering now gone), and ordered a set for the back.

The highlight of the day came when I had to replace a siezed front caliper that I had just replaced last year. I've forever learned my lesson on going with anything not OEM or better on this car.

^Yea I just "winterized" my cars recently. We are forced to use snow tires here in Japan being military.

Just got done breaking down the spare RB25 to go into the R33 so that I can rebuild the current one. very very cold outside so brought everything into the garage after cleaning it out to make space so that I can use a heater.

320814_10100628174869378_5707395_58166441_1149063848_n.jpg

303752_10100628234664548_5707395_58166747_446437916_n.jpg

Also took the sil80 out to make a spare key since I just bought it. While out grabbed a touch up pen to fill in some minor scratches.

385311_10100627890030198_5707395_58165628_74999720_n.jpg

Last edited:
The highlight of the day came when I had to replace a siezed front caliper that I had just replaced last year. I've forever learned my lesson on going with anything not OEM or better on this car.
Replace your brake fluid instead. A caliper is nothing but a casting with a few rubber o-rings and a metal piston. Rebuilt calipers get new o-rings and pistons just like a new caliper, so if they don't leak then the rebuild has done its's job. The reason they seize is likely because your brake fluid gets water in it and rusts the brakes from the inside.

I've been looking at it, and wondering how on earth it could get so dirty 1 day after washing it :grumpy:
It looked better before I cleaned it.

Had to get yet another leaky tire fixed. (rim leak)

Also winterized the car, put a small shovel in the trunk and put a bottle of de-icing washer fluid in.

Thanks! That sounds insane. This one is stock with a 312 Y-Block and a 3-Speed auto.

Thanks!

I bet it's fun to drive nonetheless. I just wish he hadn't sold the car.

I didn't do it today, but a couple days ago I picked up a kit for the 3310-2 Holley I had for a spare. I took the factory secondary metering plate off, and replaced it with a block. That is so you can use regular jets. The kit included gaskets for everything, and an accelerator pump. Before buying the kit everything was run through a sonic cleaner, and then carburetor cleaner ,and air, blown through all the passages.

It has 72's in the primaries, 76's in the secondaries, 6.5 power valves on both ends, and the plain steel spring in the secondary diaphragm. I built it to be aimed more at fuel economy. The other carb I am going to run through the sonic cleaner again, and get a kit for it. That one will be aimed at more performance. It will be jetted up, and have a lighter spring for the secondaries.

1126011059.jpg

1126011059a.jpg

I got fed up with the steel fuel fittings leaking so I bought some rubber fuel line ,and brass fittings, and concocted my own fuel rail.

Today I ordered a 3 port boost control solenoid so I can mount it up and run the wires to my ECU location for when the Link G4 Extreme goes in. It has boost control capabilities so there is no point in me using my manual boost controller any more.

Am also going to pick up some nice selector switches this afternoon that I can install nicely and run the wires for them to the same location for future use, to select things like Launch Control or High/Low boost.

I also have to pick up a nice baffled and vented catch tank (suggestions welcome as to where I can get a nice one with big fittings) and a section of bent pipe that I will install once the Air Flow Meter has been removed.

Today I switched my steering wheel and pedals with a G27 so I could use the real wheel and pedals for GT5. Then I took out my windshield and the wipers and put them between the steering wheel and TV, and hooked it up so that the wipers turn on when it starts raining. After that I removed the drivers side door and attached it to the left side of my set up for that "real life" feel. Lastly, I took I hooked up the cars shifter and hooked it up to the rest of the system (it was quite complicated). It was the most amazing experience of my life until I realized that the steering steering wheel I took out of my Ferrari 458 had no force feedback.

Schwartz38
Today I switched my steering wheel and pedals with a G27 so I could use the real wheel and pedals for GT5. Then I took out my windshield and the wipers and put them between the steering wheel and TV, and hooked it up so that the wipers turn on when it starts raining. After that I removed the drivers side door and attached it to the left side of my set up for that "real life" feel. Lastly, I took I hooked up the cars shifter and hooked it up to the rest of the system (it was quite complicated). It was the most amazing experience of my life until I realized that the steering steering wheel I took out of my Ferrari 458 had no force feedback.

Are you high?

IIRC, the 458 doesn't have a shifter, I'm pretty sure it is flappy paddle only.

I cleaned out the throttle body on my MR2 and checked the distributor cap. Need a new one soon. Also found surface rust on the bottom of my Simota panel air filter. Maybe it's time for a K&N replacement.

Just took a pic of my recent installs. Accord transaxle and a Spoon header. Also got wiper blades, I'm trying out Michelin instead of the usual Rain-X.

CB7SpoonHeader.jpg

Replace your brake fluid instead. A caliper is nothing but a casting with a few rubber o-rings and a metal piston. Rebuilt calipers get new o-rings and pistons just like a new caliper, so if they don't leak then the rebuild has done its's job. The reason they seize is likely because your brake fluid gets water in it and rusts the brakes from the inside.

Thanks for the info, its possible thats part of the problem. I did a full fluid flush last year when I swapped in new calipers, and did it again this time for the front, but its always possible that some water/moisture got into the line. I'll keep it in mind incase I ever have to do it again though.

CyborgGT
Just took a pic of my recent installs. Accord transaxle and a Spoon header. Also got wiper blades, I'm trying out Michelin instead of the usual Rain-X.

Who's burnin' rice!!!
Lmao just joking. That's a clean bay you got there, I'm jelous.
Come to think of it iv got some leafs in mine. Every now and then one will get on the header and smoke. I think it's cool XD I mean come on. My car is literally smoking and it smells sexy.

DJones
Who's burnin' rice!!!
Lmao just joking. That's a clean bay you got there, I'm jealous.
Come to think of it I've got some leaves in mine. Every now and then one will get on the header and smoke. I think it's cool XD I mean come on. My car is literally smoking and it smells sexy.

What kind of leaves are they??

^ Basil, obviously. No other leaf smells so pleasant.

It's cool, Jones, that plug cover is actually getting to me. I was bored one day and decided to... er, work on my rattle can skillz. In all honesty, I think it came out great before I chipped it with the engine lift. That color's just not a good look. I'm wanting to shave the "DOHC VTEC" off and paint the whole valve cover matte black, all stealth fighter like, and the plug cover and intake maybe gloss black. Still ricy? Don't care, "haters" can eat a fat one.

I'm wanting to shave the "DOHC VTEC" off and paint the whole valve cover matte black, all stealth fighter like, and the plug cover and intake maybe gloss black. Still ricy? Don't care, "haters" can eat a fat one.

Matte black valve cover with a satin black plug cover wouldn't look bad either. I should look for my old spark plug cover at my parents house and send it to ya, you can experiment a lot more when you have room for mistakes. 👍

I've seen my much worse looking engine bays, my own included, there's all kinds of crap in there at the moment, thankfully not too much of it 'smokes' itself on the manifold. :)

Replaced the engine stabilizer bar bushes for Minispares' one piece type, hopefully they'll last longer than the three to four months the standard ones do. :confused:

Checked and topped up all the fluids etc, the factory fitted oil leaks quickly take their toll on oil levels, the new rocker cover gasket I also fitted should slow that down a bit.

The instrument cluster had developed an annoying rattle over recent weeks and upon inspection two of the five screws holding it in place were almost falling out! All tightened with the tiniest dab of loctite on each should stop that happening again.

Sorted out the door mirror that I dinged a while back thanks to a combination of someone elses poor judgement and my early morning driving reactions. The door itself still bears a small scar but it will need replacing fairly soon anyway as the Mini's arch enemy has eaten away at the lower section of it, it does now have a mirror attatched to it again which mostly covers up the mess on the door. 👍

Extended the to do list.

Punknoodle
What kind of leaves are they??

Actually I'm a firehouse baby. My dad being a firefighter means iv played with fire a lot. Anything burning that isn't toxic smells great to me :sly:

I was at the junkyard getting a wiper arm for my sister's Spectra when I walked past an Integra with its rear speaker covers off. Nabbed me a pair of mint Sony Xplods! Sure they're only Sonys, but it beats the Eclipses I had in the rear that were going out. No more speaker buzz when the bass hits.

Wasn't my vehicle but in my shop class my buddy brought in his '92 Bronco (5.8) that wouldn't start. After a bit we checked out the ignition system and everything was fine, and realized that the EEC (ECU) melted. We ordered a new one and popped it in, and it started up first try after 5 months. Got it moving and made sure everything was OK, and then realized that the tranny lines blew out and was spurting transmission fluid EVERYWHERE...that's a job for another day lol.

Sold my car on Tuesday. Gathered up all the spare parts today for the buyer to come and collect them. I guess this is the last thing I'll do with "my" car. Ah well, it was a fun car. Time to move on to better things though. :)

Wasn't my vehicle but in my shop class my buddy brought in his '92 Bronco (5.8) that wouldn't start. After a bit we checked out the ignition system and everything was fine, and realized that the EEC (ECU) melted. We ordered a new one and popped it in, and it started up first try after 5 months. Got it moving and made sure everything was OK, and then realized that the tranny lines blew out and was spurting transmission fluid EVERYWHERE...that's a job for another day lol.

Must be nice to be able to simply order new ECUs.

Round here, if it isn't a maintenance item you go junkyard hunting.

Been exploring the crap out of Colorado lately. Put a couple hundred miles on the odo today driving around Coal Creek Canyon, then metro Denver.

CB7121511a.jpg

CB7121511b.jpg

CoalCreekCanyonA.jpg

CoalCreekCanyonB.jpg

CoalCreekCanyonC.jpg

CoalCreekCanyonD.jpg

CoalCreekCanyonE.jpg

Lookout Mountain last week:

CB712711b.jpg

What would you guys think of the quality of wheel spacers from shops like O'Reiley? Just until I get wheels probably in the summer.

Last edited:
CyborgGT
Been exploring the crap out of Colorado lately. Put a couple hundred miles on the odo today driving around Coal Creek Canyon, then metro Denver.

Lookout Mountain last week:

I loved Colorado when we went there for a hockey tournament years back. Gorgeous state. We were in the Colorado Springs area, spent a couple nights downtown Denver, and one in Littleton... We did a ton of driving around there too and saw a ton of great stuff.

Oh and oil change for me today... Not the most exciting of things especially when it's bloody cold out.

Must be nice to be able to simply order new ECUs.

Round here, if it isn't a maintenance item you go junkyard hunting.

Yeah it was nice. They junk'ed one before but that one didn't work so we ordered a new one. 200 bucks though.

Eh, I was just looking for a cheap 5-10mm option since I wouldn't be using them very long. I figure even ARP studs are cheap, then how hard is it to screw up making a sturdy metal disc? They're expensive as hell though.

Anyway, I got to take a second 'measure' of my car's real-world power tonight. Last time it was a C5 Vette convertible from a stop - I knew going into it I'd get my ass kicked. But I was pleasantly surprised by how little he beat me. Tonight was an early 5th-gen Mustang V6. He obviously had the torque advantage off the line, but from a roll we were even. I'm pretty content right now. A four cylinder. With a slushbox and bare minimum bolt-ons. Damn, I love this engine. :D

... yeah, yeah, "stupid Honda kid." I know.

Back