What have you done to your car today?

Helped my mate install tow hooks on his Mustang, I forgot pics so I'll snap a few at school tomorrow.

Good lord, does it sound amazing when it pulls away.

Did you undercoat the body or something to prevent any future rusting ?
The body is undercoated from the factory like most cars, but since I don't run any fender liners (car is too low for them) I did spray the wheel wells with undercoat to help protect it. Mainly though I just try and wash it periodically.

Washed off all the icky grime from the recent snow. My blue is soooo pretty when it's all clean! :embarrassed: It's taken quite the beating over its 20 year life, but if you look past all that.

But speaking of mileage (240SX back there), my chassis just eclipsed 260,000 last week.

dsc08882b.jpg

Personally, I think those wheels are more styled toward a VIP theme. They remind me of Mercedes. But then I'm not a fan of "stance" anyway. Those BBSs you test-fitted do look more... athletic.

Last edited:
Hastily tried to put scotch tape on the seam in the middle of the Cloth-top on my Geo Tracker. It was leaking to some extent... I had to go out there in between class periods to Re-tape. I think it helped a bit, but now its a problem that needs solved.

The advantage of the first rain in 4-5 weeks? Puddles. Underbody is Finally clean-ish.

Also, Rain+Small car+Empty school parking lot= Gymkhana session :)

Replaced my fuel filter. You know it's clogged when you start the car afterwards and it suddenly starts running really rich... :lol:

Hastily tried to put scotch tape on the seam in the middle of the Cloth-top on my Geo Tracker. It was leaking to some extent... I had to go out there in between class periods to Re-tape. I think it helped a bit, but now its a problem that needs solved.

Sounds like you're on a budget. I can vouch for the effectiveness of silicone sealant as a temporary fix. I was able to fix a small tear in my Miata and the repair is still water tight after several months. I still have to find time to replace the top though, as there are plenty of cracks in the vinyl.

I also installed a KUDA mount in my TSX. I cut and tweaked it a bit so I could run the cable from my PA15-HON3 iPhone integration kit into a passthrough dock. It looks pretty clean, but I need to adjust the KUDA a bit to reduce a gap between it and some plastic trim. I'll also remove the swivel mount from the dock as my hand comes very close to it when shifting into 5th.

Last edited:
*snip*

The advantage of the first rain in 4-5 weeks? Puddles. Underbody is Finally clean-ish.

Also, Rain+Small car+Empty school parking lot= Gymkhana session :)

:lol: I dont think puddle cleaning is the best way to get your under body.

Also Snow+AWD+not plowed lot=spinning!

I thought it looked amusing.
IMAG1496.jpg

Looking at various rubber sealants. Also had to re-attach the springs and such for the mechanism underneath the front-passenger seat(to allow it to fold, recline, move forwards and backwards, etc). It just happened to break when I took people off-campus for lunch. And of course there was a girl in the back seat, who didnt think it was funny when i said "No, really. You're stuck. Climb around the other side."

EDIT:
After driving my Mums pickup to a Basketball Game, I managed to put the Passenger side tail light into the back of a pole... I need a new one. Is this a trustworthy place to get parts?

http://www.am-autoparts.com/Toyota/..._content=LTL&gclid=CLW0spq64K0CFeUbQgodpTqN0g

Last edited:
Oil change today.
One little problem, when my dad got the sump plug out he dropped it into the funnel that we drain the oil into (that goes into an old container). Oil went everywhere, including my shirt, the ground is clean now but there is still a small outline on the concrete.

Actually I have to go and finish topping the oil up, it should have settled by now.

dropped my R33 off at the track today to store as I work on my new Comp car. first time driving it since I put another engine in it and downgraded the turbo about 4 weeks ago.

407799_10100770989931848_5707395_58846635_1471583665_n.jpg

tons of other stuff..

^ Prothane is the brand name. Them and Energy Suspension I think are the biggest names over here. But yes, they are polyurethane bushings.

Replaced the driver window run channel. No more wind noise on the freeway! Just need to Dynamat a bit of the floor to absorb some of that 80mph exhaust drone and I think it'll be acceptable to transport passengers in.

Living in Japan? That's gotta be cool. *Sigh* If I ever came to power the first thing I'd do is get rid of these pointless importation laws. I want an R33 so bad.

Today I finally went looking for my limiter. Only 115mph (at just 4,500rpm!) thanks to the automagic.

Drove it around a bit after changing the oil with GTX 20w50, and replaced water pump. Fun day, she cruises like a dream now!

Changed the oil and transmission fluid, rotated and re-balanced my tires, topped off all the fluids (washer, brake, clutch), changed the engine air filter and A/C micron filters. Finally, I checked and set my tire pressure.

Gotta love working at a new car dealership for the work on my car when I want perks. Medical isn't bad either.

Yeah about that. I just ordered OEM Toyota ones to replace them.

Too much squeaking? Before I get my next Accord, I'm going to ring up Explicit Speed Performance and ask that they make me softer poly inserts for my engine mounts. My current ones, rated 70A, have rattled most everything in the car loose. Cold mornings suuuuuuuck.

A local guy is selling some JDM one-piece headlights with retrofitted Acura TSX projectors and Morimoto D2S HID kit, so I'm parking the car and walking for a while while I save up. They're expensive enough to the point where I'm confident no one is going to make an offer in the next week.

6f5yd4.jpg

2pta0wx.jpg

(has since been adjusted)

5b69vc.jpg

Last edited:
Me and my dad are currently changing the HVAC blower motor in my car as the old one was intermittent and frequently packed up, laving me without climate control - and more importantly - without defogging capability.

It'll be nice to have that rectified.

Removed alternator to have bearings replaced (it's making a minor noise). Kept going and removed the air con compressor, idler pulley (as I have a new pulley to put on now that the air con is being removed to allow the tensioner to work the opposite way), removed the cam belt cover ready to put on the new water pump. The old water pump was leaking grimy scummy stuff out of its seals, not nice.

I also removed the intercooler to get to the valve cover, removed the EGR valve, vacuum lines and brackets. I had some sheet metal on hand ready to make a blanking plate for both the head and the manifold where I removed the EGR system, but the head had no hole under the EGR plate, it must be a JDM head (the JDM 3SGTEs didn't have EGR systems) so I just had to make one for the manifold. Done. Also removed the charcoal canister and rerouted the vent line to suit.

The engine bay, without the charcoal canister, the EGR crap, or the air con compressor and lines, actually looks not bad now. Once the battery is gone, the heat shield is installed and the new AFM-less intake pipe made the bay will look smooth as.

Bought it yesterday after a 2 hour drive in the snow. Went out today to get a tax disc holder, air freshener, and some mats. I have to re-attach the washer bottle hose as someone had pulled it out :odd:
However still cant drive it yet as i can't get tax till the post office opens :banghead: and even then i don't have the MOT certificate as the garage wasn't open yesterday due to the snow

Replaced the horrible Michelin Hybrid wipers, which were horrible, the worst wipers I have ever used, with some new ones.

Also pulled out the MAF and gave it a good cleaning with some GUNK MAF Cleaner. Not bad, but it doesn't spray as nice as the CRC MAF Cleaner, and I think I'll stay with CRC next time.

Back