What have you done to your car today?

I pulled out the instrument cluster because a couple of the gauges would sometimes bounce around. Apparently, it's a pretty common problem and the fix is as simple as tightening the nut on the back of the cluster that makes the ground connection.

Did that, but now the dash light that tells me when the fog lights are turned on won't come on, and I don't think a cable got clipped or disconnected or something. I'll order a new bulb and see if that fixes it.

We pulled my rear wheels off for brake inspection and determined I have another 50-60,000 left on the brake shoes. Whoever had the brakes changed before I got the car didn't go the cheap route and had Bendix shoes installed instead of no-name Chinese ones. 👍

Returned from LA, and took my Mums car in for another service. Oil, and new tyres this time. I sort of squared off the front left in traffic in LA, in addition to them being pretty low tread already.

That tape deck to Aux input thing is genius. I'll have to look into that...

Fitted a new subwoofer and amp the other day. But man, my car was looking dirty. Gave it a wash today and it cheered me up.

dsc0656k.jpg

dsc0657i.jpg

"VTEC Yo!" wouldn't start (weird for a Honda I would've thought :sly:). Luckily it was just the battery; new one was fitted as well as a whole new positive cable and connector as the connector was cracked and the cable had corrosion the whole way through.

Finally finished rewiring my sub install after realizing there was no sound coming from the rear tweeters. Now all 10 speakers and sub are working in glorious harmony.

PureAwesomeness
Finally finished rewiring my sub install after realizing there was no sound coming from the rear tweeters. Now all 10 speakers and sub are working in glorious harmony.

I hate you. :grumpy:

I used to drive an 86 audi coupe gt, but something went poo in the electronics that I have yet to fix. Sure I'm driving an 87 trans am instead, but I miss 28 mpg (T/A needs a tune up. 14mpg 👎) and my 15 inch jl teeth rattler.

Ooooh, shiny. :lol:

I put gas in mine and parked it until Monday when my new fuel pump comes in.

I washed the winter dirt and grime off my car - my car looks acceptable for the first time in 2012! I'm going to hold off on the summer tires for a few more weeks, but we're getting close.... I can feel it!

I found out that my donut spare tire somehow failed just from sitting in the trunk for 13 years. :grumpy: Now tomorrow I have the fun task of trying to hunt down a replacement tire. Remember to check your spare tire even if it has never been used!

I found out that my donut spare tire somehow failed just from sitting in the trunk for 13 years. :grumpy: Now tomorrow I have the fun task of trying to hunt down a replacement tire. Remember to check your spare tire even if it has never been used!

Failed? Or just needs inflated?

Eric.
Failed? Or just needs inflated?

If it's like mine it's deflated untill you need it, then you somehow inflate it. Mine is so old and rotten I don't think it's happening if I need it. 👎

I just got my early graduation present on Friday, a '98 Lexus SC300. Really loving the car just wish that it was M/T though. I kind of miss driving my dad's Honda Civic EX, which I drove for 2 years. But overall Im pleased with my Soarer. =)

But anyways I just changed the gauge cluster and removed the horrible stickers with the magical goo gone ( Which is awesome ) that the previous owner put on the car.

Helped my Dad a few hours ago replacing the front top hats on his '99 Capella.

Last edited:
Washed it and cleaned her out. I'm gonna miss her.

Now I'm waiting for that phone call from the dealer telling me that my new car has arrived. :nervous:

Wired up my parking/blinker lights. I've got a lot more going on lately, but I'll post pics when it's all done. Currently waiting for the new brakes to arrive.

I had a couple of bulbs on my dashboard burn out, so I pulled the cluster and replaced all the lights in there. I also reconnected my cigarette lighter and replaced the ashtray light bulbs in my car. All the interior lights in my car finally all work!

Been working on my friends '95 Chevy 1500 4X4 for about a month and a half. Upper ball joint on the left side **** the bed after aligning it (which was after we pretty much ripped the whole front end apart and rebuilt it) and finished up that. Replaced a few bulbs up front and got to do the rear left tomorrow.

Going to rip off emissions stuff next and drop the alternator a few inches to shorten the belt and run a V-belt design/serpentine, might get an extra 25 horse out of it without AC and the smog pump etc.

Back