What have you done to your car today?

Threw some oil in it, bit lower than it should have been really. Also removed a nice bit of bird 🤬 off the windscreen, had to use an ice scraper in the end, that's some determined poop!

/still has a working FIAT.

So, I hit the A/C button on my dash for the first time in many moons, and I was met with a very unpleasant noise. Get home, look under the hood only to find that of the 3 bolts securing the pump, 2 of them are missing, and the 3rd is too long for the hole. Being that it's a Sunday, and everyone is at Church, all of the dealers are closed. No A/C for me.

I was feeling lucky, so I figured I'd see how much Water remained in the Radiator. Surprise! There was none. Again. Upon further inspection, I found that my Radiator cap only took about 3 pounds of force to squeeze the spring, and it's rated for 13 Psi. So, a new one of those with a red switch thing at the top, a Gallon of Anti-Freeze concentrate, and 2 bottles of G-Oil, because that was the only selection at the store for 10W30.

The top still leaks when I decelerate, and it leaks onto the passenger side. Found that out as I was taking a nicely-dressed girl off campus for lunch. Whoops. It's hard to catch the water with your hand, Shift, hit the wipers, steer, give hand gestures, and carry on a flirtatious conversation at the same time.

And to top it off, it seems my clutch is on its last legs. Anything more than about 30% throttle above 2nd gear and it slips like crazy.

And lastly, the exhaust... Im not sure what the deal is, but on Start-up, it sounds quite... rough. Ususally a few trips up and down the Rev counter makes it better.

Oh, the joys of owning a 1992 Geo Tracker, that you bought for $600. Up until now, it had been flawless...

Intake1.jpg

Got my new pipe made up to delete the AFM for the new ECU, and just did a dummy fit with the heat shield I made, still needs all polished up, and rubber edging put on all of the edges. The heat sheild has a curve on its top edge that follows the curve of the bonnet. It was a pain to measure. The benefit of doing that as opposed to just making a covered one, is that for one, I like exposed cold air boxes, and two, when I channel air in to it, it will be able to flow freely out of the bonnet vent, which sits just above and behind the filter.

This is pretty much all the engine bay stuff done for now, except for the ST205 water to air intercooler set up I've bought for it. I have coil on plug coils to mount and wire for the new ignition system I'll be installing with the ECU but that'll all be hidden under the intercooler anyway.

I'm really stoked with it, in my opinion it looks great, and its solid as a rock. Quite proud of my efforts!

Quick rear end brake job on one of my teachers truck. Needed rotors and pads.

I fitted a switch to the EGI fuse and can now de-flood my car without popping the hood. :) So yeah the 7 is now "reliable". LOL(until it blows up)
But now my Subaru's alternator decided to just die so I tried a junkyard one and that wasn't good so I'm waiting for them to find me another one.

Did a fair bit to my Mum's Legacy today. Replaced the old Alpine stereo with a factory one, and replaced the old front speakers as they had had it.

SVX
Did a fair bit to my Mum's Legacy today. Replaced the old Alpine stereo with a factory one, and replaced the old front speakers as they had had it.

So you replaced an Alpine head unit with the factory one?

I put the spare on because the left rear tire has a mysterious leak that only occurs when it's cooler outside. I checked for leaks by spraying the whole tire with water (including the valve stem) and saw no bubbles. What would cause air loss with no obvious leak?

I put the spare on because the left rear tire has a mysterious leak that only occurs when it's cooler outside. I checked for leaks by spraying the whole tire with water (including the valve stem) and saw no bubbles. What would cause air loss with no obvious leak?

Slow leak at the bead, often caused by corrosion of the rim, especially with alloy rims. A very common place is where the wheel weights are placed, two dissimilar metals in contact with one another almost guarantees corrosion.

Took the GMC badge off the front grille of my Sierra. Gonna paint the red part black. Gotta finish masking the chrome first once the baby falls asleep.

Slow leak at the bead, often caused by corrosion of the rim, especially with alloy rims. A very common place is where the wheel weights are placed, two dissimilar metals in contact with one another almost guarantees corrosion.

After further inspection, a plug that I just had put in was the culprit. Only 2 weeks before, a plug from 2010 gave out in the exact same hole.

Changing the oil in both cars tonight. 13 quarts of Mobil 1 plus 2 filters = $169.06. Yikes.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76002184@N08/6961434802/in/photostream

Debadged the Sti of "Subaru" "Impreza" and "Symmetrical AWD," leaving only the red-ish pink Sti badge.
Very clean and much less cluttered (imho).

Used a combo of hair dryer and bumper stick adhesive remover (made to be easy on paint). Washed the area very well afterward just to make sure none of the nasty got left behind (still need to wash the rest of the car later).

^ Very clean, but you could be tricking people without that STi badge ;)
I relocate my boost gauge,painted my hood and added plastidip to my cluster lights. I updated my thread if you would like to see pictures.

Had to replace the alternator today. Did it late in the day though so, I will finish up tomorrow morning, good thing I have today and tomorrow off.

After further inspection, a plug that I just had put in was the culprit. Only 2 weeks before, a plug from 2010 gave out in the exact same hole.

Amazingly, I've autocrossed on a couple of plugged Star Specs and have never had an issue with it.

Removed the sword, gave it a polish. Anally cleaned the windows, and am now looking for someone to show me how to take the top off of my car. I've owned it for 2 years and still have no idea.

Amazingly, I've autocrossed on a couple of plugged Star Specs and have never had an issue with it.

The suspect tire is 6 and a half years old and just about shot. I'm not even going to bother fixing it again and am going to replace the rear tires soon.

I have 4 or 5 plugs in my 4 Dunlops, first and only new set of tires I've ever bought. Thankfully I no longer live in Houston, roads were horrible.

Changing the oil in both cars tonight. 13 quarts of Mobil 1 plus 2 filters = $169.06. Yikes.

How is that possible? Dealer-bought M1?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76002184@N08/6961434802/in/photostream

Debadged the Sti of "Subaru" "Impreza" and "Symmetrical AWD," leaving only the red-ish pink Sti badge.
Very clean and much less cluttered (imho).

Used a combo of hair dryer and bumper stick adhesive remover (made to be easy on paint). Washed the area very well afterward just to make sure none of the nasty got left behind (still need to wash the rest of the car later).

Ooooooh yeah. Did the same but decided to leave the AWD badge in case the car ever needs to be towed or gets towed and the driver is a complete idiot.

Installed OEM window visors on the WRX. Look nice but due to the rear window design on the hatch, rear visors are strictly for looks.

Latest Posts

Back