What have you done to your car today?

Got it about a month ago and I love it! It took me about 3 months to find the right one. I never even considered the 2004/5 models, because I figured finding a low mileage one would be near impossible, but this 2004 came up with low miles and in the blue I just had to have it!

Thanks! And I will treat her well, for sure. I had it go through some serious maintenance since I've bought it to make sure she runs perfectly before I even consider mods at all.

Broke it, well not today, saturday.

Front driver brake blocked completely due to not resetting the wheel alignement by the garage.
Is it really so hard to find a proper mechanic?

Had a scary second, passed a slow car before a turn, wanted to brake down before the turn, left brake blocked.
Slided a bit but got hold of it, parked it and now it's standing at the garage.

I have no car now :(:(:(

I really need to invest in a VAGdiag

I had new rear tires installed today. 👍 Originally, I was going to have the same Delta Majestics that were already on the car mounted, but after discovering they were now made in China, I had a pair of Mastercraft MC-440's (made in Mexico) mounted instead.

Front driver brake blocked completely due to not resetting the wheel alignement by the garage.
Is it really so hard to find a proper mechanic?
I'm having a very hard time trying to follow what exactly happened.

The brake locked up because the garage didn't reset the alignment? What?

Pulled my leaking radiator and went to put in my new one, only to find out they parts yatd had the radiator inventoried wrong. So now I have one busted, and one two thin, radiator.

Hey good job!
@MCNAGTROC
Front looks MAD, though I cant see the point of the added rear bit.

yeah they found out while testing on the ring the car would benifit with a little more downforce so they developed a add on carbon lip aswell as that lip integrated into a carbon trunk... the trunk is like 10K lol so i went with the lip... also did it for some carbon accent in the rear as an alternative to the crazy expensive full carbon wing

here is the trunk with the lip

Nurburgring%2520GT-R%2520MY%25202012_22-09-2011_55.JPG

and yeah the front looks more menacing now sort of like nostrals on a bull or something

20120428103330802.jpg

Well, over the course of the weekend I got the battery in my car changed as it would very quickly lose its charge - my car kept dying in the garage after only a couple days of sitting. But now she's back in great health!

An while I was a it, I upgraded the stereo system - a better quality sub-woofer and a second amplifier now sit in my trunk, then I did some adjustments to the output to accommodate the new setup and it sounds noticeably better than it did before. :cool:

Yesterday, I got in my Pickup and it wouldn't fire up. :(

As I could smell the LPG coming out of my exhaust I knew instantly it didn't have a spark.
And, as the most obvious part that broke down is this :

607.jpg

I got a new one, replaced it and the pickup is back on the streets.

20120503_111627.jpg

Well not my car but my bro was driving and someone decided to have a head on collision and then back out and run away.
Here is their bumper anyone know what its to?
20120503_111430.jpg

Road tested the Bronco, takes off like a bat out of hell (for being as heavy as it is) and got it to kick out a few times. Brakes are set, now the work just needs to be paid off.

Also started hooking up some cables for my buddys plow truck.

Been working towards getting everything pulled apart on the MR2's controls arms to install a full Prothane bushing set. Both front strut rods and control arms are off the car now, strut rod bushings removed, control arm bushings pressed out. Decided it would be a good time for new ball joints while its all apart (don't think they needed replaced, but whatever). So the ball joints should be here Monday. Still fighting to get the old ones separated from the control arm. Haven't had any luck with the BFH, ball joint fork, nor 3 jaw puller. Just bought a pittman puller that looks like it may work.

Haven't had any luck with the BFH, ball joint fork, nor 3 jaw puller. Just bought a pittman puller that looks like it may work.
Where exactly are you hammering with the BFH?

This should work, it always does. If it doesn't, then you're not hammering hard enough or don't have a big enough hammer.

yeah they found out while testing on the ring the car would benifit with a little more downforce so they developed a add on carbon lip aswell as that lip integrated into a carbon trunk... the trunk is like 10K lol so i went with the lip... also did it for some carbon accent in the rear as an alternative to the crazy expensive full carbon wing

here is the trunk with the lip

and yeah the front looks more menacing now sort of like nostrals on a bull or something

I got ya now.👍
Was there a plate attached to it??
Yes and the police have that.

^For a head on there's really not that much damage :odd: Does your brother not know what car it was that hit him?
No there really wasn't, he was coming to a 4 way stoplight turning left he was slowing down. The offender had green and didn't turn into the correct lane. He says it was a round emblem and he thought it was a Lexus but he isn't car savvy. That and it was a crossover SUV thing.

Looks like a Jeep Liberty bumper.
Picture for reference?

Installed a new starter on my buddies truck, tightened some transmission lines and put a couple compression ferrules on the lines that broke after being replaced.

Gonna swap the spark plugs on my Pilot soon, it has not been starting well as of recent and the car has almost 105,000 miles, so I think it's time for them to go, any tips?

Gonna swap the spark plugs on my Pilot soon, it has not been starting well as of recent and the car has almost 105,000 miles, so I think it's time for them to go, any tips?

Get ACCEL plugs, they are the best but can be a bit pricey. They will last a long time though. Pretty easy job, just pick them up, take the old ones out, gap the new ones and stick 'em in + hook them up.

My dad bought a K&N cold air intake for my mom's 2008 BMW 328i e90. Nice looking car, has Xenons and it's Alpine White :)

Got my license plates and put them on. Guess it's officially not "brand new" anymore.

For some reason I don't feel bad about it. With previous cars I liked having the dealer plates on for a while but with this I've been anxious to get the regular ones on.

Where exactly are you hammering with the BFH?

This should work, it always does. If it doesn't, then you're not hammering hard enough or don't have a big enough hammer.

The stud of the ball joint. And considering that the stud began to flatten, I'd say I was hammering as hard as is going to matter. Decided to drop it off at a mechanic today and let him take care of it.

Back