What have you done to your car today?

Cleaned the Lexus up. Also made the headlights nice and clear again. :D
10487403_10204465804984539_1089413046867523917_n.jpg

1560692_10204465807184594_3949359060798833229_n.jpg

Does your car have an open diff or an LSD? That's going to be a lot of power that needs to get to the road.

I don't know what Corvettes come with.

And on the subject of diffs I got my LSD fitted today :) It's transformed the car under acceleration at low speed and out of corners :)

I don't know what Corvettes come with.

And on the subject of diffs I got my LSD fitted today :) It's transformed the car under acceleration at low speed and out of corners :)

Right on, and yes the Corvette does come with a limited slip diff. I wouldn't want a something with that much power going to one wheel!

What about the Camaro? Are they just like the old muscle cars?

^ The current Camaros do have LSDs.

First, I picked this up in the junkyard. A valve cover for the H22 build (the one I have was done up all stealthy and the timing belt cover was cut off, so I want something to use more often that protects the belt from dirt) and a Prelude's donut for the 5-lug conversion that will come after the engine's done. I'm wanting to paint this one in Mugen racing colors. I'd have picked up the head to have as a spare, but the cover was the only thing left in the bay, lol.

14709145884_d4a734dae3_b.jpg

I think I'm finally ready, financially, to start the project in earnest. The first thing I ordered was this exhaust temp gauge to add to my wideband; I read those two were most useful for engine tuning. Fuel and oil pressure gauges will come down the line. To anyone with tuning or general 'I have a built engine' experience, would having an oil temp gauge be of any real value? Would it react when my oil's starting to break down from time/mileage? That would be a cool thing to keep a more accurate eye on...

14558999518_48471aca30_b.jpg

^ The current Camaros do have LSDs.

First, I picked this up in the junkyard. A valve cover for the H22 build (the one I have was done up all stealthy and the timing belt cover was cut off, so I want something to use more often that protects the belt from dirt) and a Prelude's donut for the 5-lug conversion that will come after the engine's done. I'm wanting to paint this one in Mugen racing colors. I'd have picked up the head to have as a spare, but the cover was the only thing left in the bay, lol.

14709145884_d4a734dae3_b.jpg

I think I'm finally ready, financially, to start the project in earnest. The first thing I ordered was this exhaust temp gauge to add to my wideband; I read those two were most useful for engine tuning. Fuel and oil pressure gauges will come down the line. To anyone with tuning or general 'I have a built engine' experience, would having an oil temp gauge be of any real value? Would it react when my oil's starting to break down from time/mileage? That would be a cool thing to keep a more accurate eye on...

14558999518_48471aca30_b.jpg
My engine isn't exactly "built" but I do have an oil gauge.

It's really nice to have on the track, since you can watch it slowly climb while you're doing laps, and then reach a point where you should let the car cool down.

I also really like it in the winter, since my car will burn oil under hard acceleration, until it warms up to a certain point. The oil gauge tells me when the car is ready to really run.

Got a Euro-spec left mirror off eBay last week, shipping from... somewhere in central/south/east Europe, and it arrived today. Replacement was simple but of course I make it harder than needed :lol:
After a 10 minute night drive it was doing its job. The awesome convex-ity of it is cool but will need a little adjusting to. I'll put a old/new pic in my thread tomorrow morning...

I have a 2003 Taurus (woohoo) and so far things have been interesting with it lately. It wasn't today but last week that i swapped out my ac compressor and all lines to and fro and the hvac or whatever it is (which was a two day excursion.... look up on yt how to and you will see the torture i went through). Air wasn't really that cold but it didn't change much. Today the rear view fell off and that was just a nuisance because tomorrow i will try to completely redo my rear brake assembly. Drums, shoes and springs...

Got an RSX Type-S intake manifold for the H22 project. Going to compare it to one from an Accord Euro-R. Would've gone for an 8th-gen Civic Si manifold (on a K-series engine, it's about a 19hp difference on the top-end, although the RSX-S's gives slightly better low- and mid-range), but that would require having a custom rear engine mount and bracket made. Here, I should only have to notch the bracket.

14816843191_485b013c81_b.jpg

14839754613_029661466a_b.jpg

Spent a couple hours scrubbing this thing clean with Simple Green.

20140804_164519.jpg

Aaaaaaand that confirms that the piston is screwed. Really hope the cylinder isn't too far gone. And please let the crank be ok.:(

A friend of a friend resprayed my 205 a year-and-a-half ago. For reasons that were never clear until a couple of days ago, he didn't bother to paint the front grill. So whilst the car was brought back to its original Cherry Red lovliness, the front end has let the side down, being all orange and stone-chipped.

Potato photo, which (hopefully) illustrates how faded it looked:

14888053533_588728c675_c.jpg

Well the reason why the grill was never sprayed seems to be that it's a nightmare to mask up :lol: After a little sanding to remove the worst of the chips and scratches - and much fiddling and swearing at the tape - I had this:

14867842042_4a60edbefa_c.jpg

Then I layered on copious coats of Cherry Red:

14681656637_aef8bed008_c.jpg

Then after letting the paint dry fully overnight, I flatted it back before the lacquer. Taking off the many layers of masking I was left with the end result:

14888056043_1e8796aeff_c.jpg

Pretty chuffed with the end result! It's the first time I've given painting a serious go, and after a little polishing it'll really look spot on :D Here it is back on the car. The colour match is great!

14867840402_80d8dcd909_c.jpg

Last edited:
> Checked my front brake pads after feeling vibes and hearing a grumbling... they're cracked. I'm going to replace the current EBC Green Stuff to try out Hawk HPS. Hopefully they don't dust so much; Green Stuff are terrible on slotted discs.

> Ordered/received some ARP head studs for project H22.

> A few weeks ago I ordered replacement DEPO headlights for the RSX, to transfer my projectors over to, and they arrived broken. They've been exchanged and finally arrived yesterday in one piece. Gotta order some more sealant before doing the work. I can't wait to finally fix that sagging and vibrating passenger-side projector.

> Went to Automezzi, an Italians-only car show on Sunday (photos will be up in the DYSAGT Events thread in a bit here), and on the way back I noticed my A/C starting blowing warm.

Havent had a chance to do much of anything with the cars this year. However I found the reason I have had a slow leak in my WRX summer tire. No surprise with all the house and garage work I have been doing lately. Nails, nails everywhere.

Will get it plugged tomorrow. These summer tires should have at least 2 more years in them.

IMG_20140821_182033.jpg

Got some stance now.
10631855_10204769053165554_804969616_o.jpg

Kidding obviously, for those who can actually see the lug nuts. :lol:

Wheels were a little out of balance. So I had my friends who worked at a tire/wheel shop help out.

Removed the gasoline filter. Going to install a new one next monday, if the local dealer has ordered the correct one.

I had to unpressurize the fuel system first. I looked and looked for this air valve and finally found it.

Photos for you as requested @Slash

See red arrow.

Temporary replaced the air valve thing because gasoline was pouring out.

Again, see red arrow.

Last edited:
Update

The problem was not the gasoline filter. The engine still stutters at low rpm from time to time. Car performs normally except for the ocassionaly stutter.

OBD II analysis:

* B 1681 PATS signal tranceivermodule not received. Possible cause: damaged PCM

* B1676 battery voltage out of reach (translated literally from Dutch into English). :D

Removed 3 of the 6 spark plugs and the middle spark plug was looking that good anymore.

Could that be the cause of the engine problems I'm having?

BTW, I have to remove the inlet manifold to remove the other 3 spark plugs.

Latest Posts

Back