What is wrong??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterpoloinc

(Banned)
CollinBraun
CollinBraun
I mean PD makes such a big deal about everything. I mean i love gt but everytime gt comes out its somehow a bummer. gt4..... 24hour races aganst 5 others... at day time ......wth. the track la sarthe was a joke and so was the nordschleife. I drove both in real life. the ai has always been ..... well no comment. why cant pd just make a game like GTR1 and 2. Those are perfect.Always new up to date cars and rain sun day nivht morning fog and everything you want.

i play GTr2. its on the PC so you got ur answer... the graphics are not as great as GT, thats you can fit so many cars in. GT4 was limited to PS2, and GTr is limited to PC so there is no limits on PC... therefore more stuff can be put in the game. but dont say that GT5 wont have more then 6+ cars on same track and with weather and day night cycles

yea gtr2 is for the pc but pd could put everything that gtr2 has in gt without any problems. and even more.

Wow, this is a really useful thread... I'm happy I found it and my life is now complete

yea gtr2 is for the oc but pd could put everything that gtr2 has in gt without any problems. and even more.

yeh they could, but gt4 used similar or maybe the same engine to gt3... i think they knew the 5th one will go next gen and they waited for it for a long time to impress everyone. hmm i belive the new game will gave all the goodies and more then gtr has to offer, so i am not worried at all

Wow, this is a really useful thread... I'm happy I found it and my life is now complete

wow.. i have laughed all day and all night reading your comment... blank face...

if you do not like the post, then dont post in it...

sarcasm of life

I'd like to take this moment to remind you and all new members to please use the edit button instead of posting again.

if you do not like the post, then dont post in it...
How do I post in a post?

All n00b-ishness aside, I like you... answer sarcasm with sarcasm 👍

the track la sarthe was a joke and so was the nordschleife. I drove both in real life.

Do you have proof of this? The Ring I can understand since it's basically an open track, but La Sarthe? Surely you have some photos.

I mean PD makes such a big deal about everything. I mean i love gt but everytime gt comes out its somehow a bummer. gt4..... 24hour races aganst 5 others... at day time ......wth. the track la sarthe was a joke and so was the nordschleife. I drove both in real life. the ai has always been ..... well no comment. why cant pd just make a game like GTR1 and 2. Those are perfect.Always new up to date cars and rain sun day nivht morning fog and everything you want.

I would also like to know when you last drove le sarthe, your not Jack Villeneuve by any chance?

I also think GTR is an awesome Sim, and just so you know the GT series will never be as good sim as the GTR sim, it is not PD's aim nor will ever be. GTR is a fairly hardcore PS sim. GT is a mainstream console Sim, they will never be the same.

For me I race GT on my steering wheel when my friends come round.

when i am by myself i race on GTR, my friends don't have the car control to play on it. So really i enjoy both for their different attributes, yes i would like to see GT as realistic as possible, but i am not going to cry and moan about it, In hear the norschlife is more realistic than most, that is good enough for me, i prefare the GT series for its playability.

dont forget Rfactor ;) .... and live for speed (which i dont have but heard good from the game)

dont forget Rfactor ;) .... and live for speed (which i dont have but heard good from the game)

I know, but i was using GTR as an example since he was trying to compare GT to GTR, again Rfactor, GTR and LFS are for the hardcore PC sim and shouldn't be used as a comparison for GT. In a similar way to comparing GT4 to Forza 2, it should really happen since GT4 is on an inferior consloe and is the older game, but people forget these things.

So again i would ask waterpolonic to reconsider;

A) This thread

B) This thread title

C) Not to be so negative on unnesassary grounds, some people find enthusia more realistic for the ring's model but GT's version is be no means a joke,(some are important issues like the AI and 24 hours of light but again, that no need for a new thread)

D) Did he really drive Circuit de la sarthe, because for the majority of the year it is a closed track? (I am not saying he hasn't but i would like to hear more about his experiance, it sounds suspicious).

Wait, you think the Nurburgring and the Circuit de la Sarthe's are jokes?

Ha, good look finding anything better. I haven't played a more accurate 'Ring yet, and being someone whose driven down the public roads of Circuit de la Sarthe, I'd say it's pretty good as well.

It doesnt matter who I am or when i drove at Le Mans. But after today i just came to realize that PD has yet to provide us with a driving simulator. GT is not anywhere close to realistic. Just because the tires wear off and you have a lot of understearing doesn't mean anything. And i give gt that it has a big carlist but most of the cars suck... who wants to race a Dyhatsu????? And the cars that actually are awsome are really old. No C6R just the old one ...no DBR9 no nothing. A BMW M3 GTR with the skin from 8 years ago i mean come on. Im not hating on the game i think its ok but for that much bo hai I and evrybody should get a better product. This thread just serves the purpose to figure out if im alone with my opinion or not.

It doesnt matter who I am or when i drove at Le Mans.

Yes it does... you see, you claimed you drove La Sarthe and Nurburgring, and unless you have any proof of it, your credibility is going to fall down a very steep slope... or you can admit you made it up.

waterpoloinc
But after today i just came to realize that PD has yet to provide us with a driving simulator. GT is not anywhere close to realistic.

Again, speaking from your vast experience driving endurance races in both La Sarthe and Nurburgring? As far as I know, GT4 is the most realistic driving simulator of its generation (pre PS3) and on the PS2. It's kinda retarded to compare GT4 to FM2, just in case you're going to do that. And comparing PC games' graphics to console games isn't very realistic either, since on a PC the possibilities are a tad higher.

waterpoloinc
Just because the tires wear off and you have a lot of understearing doesn't mean anything.

Right, because in real life tyres last forever and car's turn on the dime.

waterpoloinc
And i give gt that it has a big carlist but most of the cars suck

I beg to differ on that, but hey, if you want a game that has 750+ cars and only play with 10 of them, then that's your choice.

waterpoloinc
who wants to race a Dyhatsu?????

Daihatsu* And you'd be amazed at the following Kei cars have. The best part of racing Kei cars is that you rely only on your skill, since the car basically is just a small box with a small engine. If you're a good driver, you'd enjoy the Kei car races, again, because you depend on how good you are, and not on the sheer power of overkill your engine may have... again, from your vast experience racing in Le Mans, you should know this.

waterpoloinc
And the cars that actually are awsome are really old. No C6R just the old one ...no DBR9 no nothing.

You do realise GT4 was finished in 2004, right? The C6R was first presented in 2005, just behind the DBR9... so, unless PD has a time machine, they probably would've had a hard time being present in GT4.

waterpoloinc
a M3 GTR with the skin from 8 years ago i mean come on.

Er... again we have the time machine issue, since the M3 GTR was launched in 2001. Maybe you mean the 320i Touring Car? Most specifically, the 320i Toruing Car from 2003? Would you prefer a BMW Art Car instead?

waterpoloinc
Im not hating on the game i think its ok but for that much bo hai I and evrybody should get a better product.

"bo hai"?
I'm sure you're familiar with the term "consumerism" and "free market", if not, just know that if you don't like the product, you shouldn't have purchased it. But if you're a fan of the GT series, you probably would like GT4... just don't expect GT4 to come and hug you and kiss you good night, because it really isn't that kind of game.

waterpoloinc
This thread just serves the purpose to figure out if im alone with my opinion or not.

A quick glance through the site would show you that you are indeed not alone. Many GT4 haters (whom I have no clue what they're doing on a GT-dedicated site) tend to be at the Xbox sub-forum. Although that doesn't mean that all who are there are GT-haters either. However, there may be people with similar thoughts as yours, but they don't have an extensive knowledge of what it is to race in Nurburgring and Le Mans, so I'd suggest you clear that up first and foremost.

Also, GT4 does have its shortcomings, but I think none of the ones you've posted are important enough. Yours only seem like a long string of whining. Nevertheless, rest assured that you're not alone and that a lot of us hope GT5 will make up for them.

Hint: You want to complain about real issues in GT4? How about the AI, the lack of car damage, the hegemony of Skylines, the absence of great cars that have been out since before 2004 and that weren't included in the game. Of course, all of these topics have been discussed about a gazillion times, so again, I suggest you take a look around the site and gather up all the info you want and when you're ready to make a new thread, do it on something important, worhtwile and something that hasn't been discussed before.

Thank you

I wish I could give some Rep for that post, but apparently I need to spread it round a bit.

It's a hard life... ;)

LOL, thanx Diego, this thread made a great lunch-time read :D

I wish I could give some Rep for that post, but apparently I need to spread it round a bit.

It's a hard life... ;)

I did it for you :) ... I don't anyone could have summrazied it better than what Deigo wrote

Apparently i need to spread the +rep around too.

I would just like to hear how waterpolonic responds, although i doubt he will answer. It never ceases to amaze me why people open new new threads just to rant and moan, do they expect people to agree with them, or do they just not care?

What I love more than getting rep are the comments on the rep:

Comments on this Post
110% correct
N/A
Woo. Yay.

:lol:

much obliged :)

^^in my opinion you hit him too hard & too quik!.............I would have chosen a slower death than that.Maybe played on the Lemans thing a bit longer!

Why would i not answaer?? I thought everybody is entitled to his own opinion but aparently not here. And to diego yes tires indeed last way longer. And no a car does not turn on a dime but only because a car has somewhat understeering and tire wear you cant call THE REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR. Oh yea and the BMW GTR thing........ get your information straight. The skin that is used in the game is the old one. There are new ones from the 24h races and the VLN. Well im sure you have something super smart to say again now but well who cares. I posted my personal opinion here and if you dont like it than you dont have to post anything here.
And it really does not matter who I am because I really could not care less about what anybody thinks.

Right... I'm not going to say anything... you've managed it all on your own.

EDIT: One thing, though. You should really be less defensive when someone points at your faults. You came in here claiming something, when we asked about it, you got all defensive about it... I mean, we all know you made it up, but you're the one claiming you don't have to prove anything...

I did it for you :) ... I don't anyone could have summrazied it better than what Deigo wrote

And I just made it a double dose. Great response, -Diego-!

Waterpoloinc, you are of course entitled to your opinions, and free to share them. But when many people strongly disagree, you have to expect a response.

wow... had I known all this, I'd make more smart ass replies... oh wait, I do 💡

.... Wow. This batch of new members are a bunch of gems.

I also doubt that you have driven the Nurb and Circuit de la Sarthe. Because if you did, you would have no problem showing us proof.

Hey, I've driven on La Sarthe and the Nurb!:dopey: Wait, no I haven't.....that was just the freeway:ouch:

Actually, I believe I have driven on on part of the LeMans track...

It was many, many years ago, riding my 1975 CB750 Honda through France in the LeMans area after dark. All of a sudden I found myself passing a grandstand & realised 💡 I was on the race course. Koool, I thought. :cool:

(Actually, back in the day I probably didn't think "Koool" - probably more like" "groovy" or "far out" :) )

Good post earlier Diego 👍, right on the money.

Why would i not answaer?? I thought everybody is entitled to his own opinion but aparently not here. And to diego yes tires indeed last way longer. And no a car does not turn on a dime but only because a car has somewhat understeering and tire wear you cant call THE REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR. Oh yea and the BMW GTR thing........ get your information straight. The skin that is used in the game is the old one. There are new ones from the 24h races and the VLN. Well im sure you have something super smart to say again now but well who cares. I posted my personal opinion here and if you dont like it than you dont have to post anything here.
And it really does not matter who I am because I really could not care less about what anybody thinks.
First of all, spell check is your friend, secondly it does matter who you are because your making a claim not may people can make. Your claiming that you have driven both Le Sarth and the Nordschleife, something not may people have done both of, and your point of mentioning that was to state that GT4's versions of those tracks we're jokes. Simply put, they're the best versions you'll find in any racing game out now, let alone out in 2004 with Enthusia coming close for it's model of the Ring. If you are going to make a claim like that, you have to answer the doubters when you’re pulled dup on it, otherwise you and your opinion holds zero credibility. If your claim was just bs then simply say that was bs, sorry guys but don't dig a deeper and deeper hole by continuing to claim it's true and not say how. Even if after may posts of you stringing people along it eventually turns out to be true, you'll be sat on your little computer chair laughing your butt off, but none of us will care. We'll still hold what you say with zero credibility.

I know what your saying about the games physics, just because it simulates tyre wear and understeer it doesn't mean it simulates them correctly and I actually agree with you on that point, which GT4 doesn't. But that agreement aside you have started here how a lot of people who come and go shortly after do, they turn up, make a big claim, bitch and moan when they get called up on it and them most disappear when it's not let go. The ball is in your court, you made the claim, and you have to validate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back