What is wrong??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've met Colin Braun. Colin Braun has more intelligence then this guy. I'm sure he can spell too.

Given the lightness of the situation and how this whole thread is pointless and doesnt effect anyone I would like to add my name to a petition to pardon him for his lie(s).

Given the lightness of the situation and how this whole thread is pointless and doesnt effect anyone I would like to add my name to a petition to pardon him for his lie(s).

What makes you think your opinion on the subject matters? It's up to administrators. This guy is clearly a troll.

Why? What is it to you who this guy is and if he gets banned or not? Besides that, because I said yes to the question over wheather or not he can get banned, I didn't say yes he definitely will. It'd be upto the him and the mods, not you, not any petition and not me.

What makes you think your opinion on the subject matters? It's up to administrators. This guy is clearly a troll.

And the moderators...

So, waterpoloinc... What say you, sir?

Let me know how that partition goes, to put it simply, he lied then tried to cover it up by making even more outrageous claims which don't add up, now like Dave A said, it is up to the mods to decide whether or not he will be pulled up for it.

The guy is just a kid ... if he was as old as I am and could claim to have driven in a portion of the track some 14 years ago (like I did, and nobody voiced their doubts), he wouldn't act so ridiculously. Age has this consequence. You grow up.

Well i have to say it was fairly comical at times, pretending to be Colin Braun topped it for me.

The guy is just a kid ... if he was as old as I am and could claim to have driven in a portion of the track some 14 years ago (like I did, and nobody voiced their doubts), he wouldn't act so ridiculously. Age has this consequence. You grow up.

I think there's a bit of a difference between saying you drove a portion of the track during one day when drivign around France and actually putting a believable story behind it, than saying you actually are the youngest driver ever to have been on a Le Mans podium (the website says, he didn't say it personally, but you get my point). And then not being able to prove it.

I'm sure you could answer truthfuly and confidently if I asked some weird question about that, like where else did you go on that trip and how long had you been married at the time.

In other stuff, I don't think whatshisname should be banned... or rather, not being my decision, I don't think he'll be... let's just put it that way. Although breaking that code in the AUP, the subsequent proof to his lies is enough to leave his credibility at a low point and have to probably look at GTP from teh sidelines.

I hope none of this thread serves is seen as an anti-new-member rant. New members are welcome and expected to have a nice time browsing around all the threads we've created.

@Qspec: if there's one thing we don't tolerate much at GTP it's liars. Granted, the internet is a place where lying can go almost undected, if you play your cards right; but as a result, not a lot of GTPers trust claims made by new (and sometimes old) members. Check out the "Post a pic of your real car" thread, where a user called SpeedyK came right out claiming to own all these superb cars... which he later proved to own. Just gives you a bit of an idea.

Also, despite GTP having close to 90,000 members, and although a fair bunch are constant posters, we're still (to a point) a tightly knit group. We have our arguments and agreements all the time. But again, because we've been members for so long here, we've come to know each other (or the part people decide to show us) and can rapidly recognise a ludicrous claim when it appears, usually by some new member.

There have been some older members who have come outright and lied (not naming anyone, but you know who you are), and they had (and some still have) to work really, really hard to earn the trust again from the forum members. So when people say "it's just a forum"; it's a bit different for us.

Hey, you know what? It's 1:10am, I have to wake up in 5 hours :crazy:

Well I now know what the title of this thread refers to....people who lie and then keep making it bigger until it explodes in their face like a balloon. :dopey:

I would understand that rule as far as releasing false information about GT5, or tips and tricks. But lying about himself and what he does, which what he claimed to have done doesnt affect anyone, is quite a small matter. If this is something you guys are seriously that upset about it then you should be happy this is the kind of problems you are spending your time on, rather than someone claiming something about the game that we love to play. The other thing is that the rules are made in the best interests of the users, and as far as im concerned only the moderators and the people involved in the conversation at the time care. Anyone else who joined in and read it like myself couldnt care less if he is a race car driver or not. I think there is room for pardoning in this situation.

Oh, and there isn't going to be a petition because nobody cares.

all I can say is
owned_mac.jpg

I get what deigo says about the forum ... its not just a forum its a community :)

I would understand that rule as far as releasing false information about GT5, or tips and tricks. But lying about himself and what he does, which what he claimed to have done doesnt affect anyone, is quite a small matter. If this is something you guys are seriously that upset about it then you should be happy this is the kind of problems you are spending your time on, rather than someone claiming something about the game that we love to play. The other thing is that the rules are made in the best interests of the users, and as far as im concerned only the moderators and the people involved in the conversation at the time care. Anyone else who joined in and read it like myself couldnt care less if he is a race car driver or not. I think there is room for pardoning in this situation.

Oh, and there isn't going to be a petition because nobody cares.

I too think there is room for pardoning, I am sure he will have learned his lesson, however you don't appear to understand the issue, now we have all lied about something at sometime or other, it may have been on this forum. The problem is he came in with a pointless title, a pointless thread, and a pointless inaccurate post. The issue for me was he claimed norschlife and Circuit de la Sarthe on GT4 was a joke, now this isn't because he was having a pop on Gran Turismo it happens often, in a more appropriate ways in other parts of the forum, it is the fact that he made these claims knowing they were false and giving a poor representation on Gran Turismo's behalf.

Now time for an ananolgy, I open a a thread in the automotive section: What the hell!!!, its about the BMW 3 series, I then procceed to post all these things about about the car is slow, the handling is a joke, it is noisy, and BMW have made a complete hash of it.

I have never driven this car though, so really I have no idea. It is:

A) A complete lie

B) It is incorrect

C) tainting the image of the BMW 3 series on unessassary grounds

Now Of course we here at GTPlanet are not trying to sell copies of Gran Turismo, we are here to discuss the finer issues of it, and generally enjoy our time here. This thread spams the website, and is no way benificial, so why should we just say, 'who cares' and ignore it, GTP will be filled with these useless threads which hog the main page of the forums, and generally clog the system up.

Then there was all that stuff about being one of the most successful young drivers ever, which to be honest was quite funny and ruined any last credibility he may have had.

This again is not a good way to go, whether you care or do not care. We could all pretend to be Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso and many of the world class drivers we see out there. Do you seriously believe that it wouldn't degrade this website, no one would be would be credible. Also I would be very unhappy if I was Colin Brawn, now I very much doubt he is a member here at GTP, non the less its not fair on him, to be represented by an idiot who makes him look stupid, he is already successful and could be a world class race driver one day, and the people here at GTP will be sat thinking he is an idiot, again maybe that doesn't bother you but, I fail to see why these things are not an issue for you.

I would like to clarify that I don't think waterpolonic should get banned he will hopefully be more reserved in his posting manner from now on. @Qspec you haven't done anything wrong, but you must understand, if you do things like this, there is a problem whether you agree with it or not.

Also, in this post, he claims his father is a driver/racer... further adding.. er... subtracting from his credibility

The lack of life I have makes me track down people who get quirky every now and then s I'll usually research the person.

Lastly, it's amazing what the internets can do
[Link removed by myself, at the request of others]...

just rest assured it further proved waterpoloinc is not Colin Braun, but a rather immature individual with zero credibility and many... umm... issues.

If he is Colin Braun then why was he posting on GTPlanet on June 17th - wasn't he racing at Le Mans on Sunday?

@Diego:

I know that the link you posted is from a web page, therefore a public one. However, I ask you to remove it, because:

a) There's no need of further proof that he isn't Colin Braun;

b) Doesn't add anything to what is already clear about waterxxxxxxxxx lack of maturity;

c) It's a webpage of a nowadays common genre, like a million others where young people like to write things that nobody, with a bit of common sense, would publish about themselves.

@Diego:

I know that the link you posted is from a web page, therefore a public one. However, I ask you to remove it, because:

a) There's no need of further proof that he isn't Colin Braun;

b) Doesn't add anything to what is already clear about waterxxxxxxxxx lack of maturity;

c) It's a webpage of a nowadays common genre, like a million others where young people like to write things that nobody, with a bit of common sense, would publish about themselves.

I would have to agree with you there

But it's a public page... open to the public... if waterpoloinc posted there it's because he really didn't care if people read his innermost depressive thoughts or not.

I'll leave it open for a moment, since work suddenly got busy.

EDIT: Edited

Great. Now, if someone wants personal info I'll give it! Gladly!

1st - I was coming from Portugal, heading for Calais, to cross the Channel. Aiming to get to/visit: Scotland.

2nd - My marriage had two weeks. We were on our honeymoon.

3rd - The voyage (or trip, I don't understand when should we use one or the other word) was like this:

Day 1 - Lisbon/Valladolid
Day 2 - Valladolid/Bordeaux
Day 3 - Bordeaux/Bernay (that's the "Le Mans" day)
Day 4 - Bernay/London
Day 5 - London
Day 6 - London
Day 7 - London
Day 8 - London/Penrith
Day 9 - Penrith/Glasgow
Day 10 - Glasgow/Fort William
Day 11 - Fort William/Inverness
Day 12 - Inverness/Bridge of Allan
Day 13 - Bridge of Allan/Edimburgh
Day 14 - Edimburgh
Day 15 - Edimburgh
Day 16 - Edimburgh
Day 17 - Edimburgh/London
Day 18 - London/Bernay
Day 19 - Bernay/Biarritz (another "Le Mans" day, visited the museum, Strongly recommended for Le Mans fans)
Day 20 - Biarritz/Viseu (that's Portugal again)
Day 21 - Viseu/Lisbon

:D

Back in those days the pics were printed on paper ... but if I find the museum ones I'll photograph the pics with my cell phone and post them.

IIRC correctly, I photographed at least three LM winners: Rondeau, Mazda787B and The Jaguar XJR-9 (or maybe XJR-8, I'm not sure)

I demand some shots of the 787b, otherwise I'll call you a liar and lose all faith in Portugal.

I saw the Le Mans museum too... pics must be somewhere in my HD... I'll see what I can find home and post it in the pics of yourself thread... expect about 30 kilos less and no beard, though!

I once drove my 73 MG Midget at Bristol Motor Speedway and at "Thunder Valley" Dragstrip on the same night. Ok so it was during the "Speedway In Lights" which is for a local "Children's Charities" fund. Website:www.bristolmotorspeedway.com Just thought this would be a funny thing to post in this topic. No I'm not a race car driver although my father used to drive local races way back in the days "early 50's" . My grandfather did have a restaurant years ago where all the "NASCAR Boys" would hang out at way before NASCAR got to be big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back