What is wrong??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I drove around it too... I think McLaren referred to the road part of La Sarthe previously... must've been the same one I drove in (a Pug 106!) and yourself Biggles.

Yes you can drive around part of the track, because part of it is public roadway, but part of it is the Bugatti circuit which you can't just drive on on your way through France. Waterplonic claims he's driven La Sarth with no clarification, La Sarth is the full track including the race course sections.

well whatever you guys say. You are free to think whatever you want. I don't have to proof anything because I don't know any of you so I just don't care. Please tell me why I would. I mean apparently you all know it all anyway so there is just no point.
besides .... you can just visit my website.

It doesnt matter who I am or when i drove at Le Mans.

He doesn't claim to haveing driven La Sarthe... he claims he drove in Le Mans!

So you're a pro racing driver who doesn't have proof of being a pro racing driver... well, I'm actually Michael Schumacher

He doesn't claim to haveing driven La Sarthe... he claims he drove in Le Mans!

No i don't claim i drove IN Le mans I claim i drove AT Le mans. Because in many European country's the track is called Le Mans. well you should know that since you are from Spain. 24 stunden von Le Mans.....

Oh yea and the BMW GTR thing........ get your information straight. The skin that is used in the game is the old one.
Maybe so, but that livery (Not skin), is not 8 years old. The M3 GTR in GT4 livery is from 2001, and was the argueably, the most successful GT car in ALMS being back by BMW and built by AC Schnizter. This livery is also no longer around, so you should be proud to at least, be able to race the car. The livery changed in 2003 to this.
RING24H-01.jpg

The car went on to win the 2004 Nurburgring 24 Hours Race, as well as the 2005 race with it's team car. This same team took a 24Hour Spa win in 2004 as well.

There are new ones from the 24h races and the VLN.
Those were the newest ones. The M3 GTR's career ended after 2004 with BMW producing a very limited amount of BMW M3 GTR Strasse's. The 2005 race was to mark the end of the car.

No i don't claim i drove IN Le mans I claim i drove AT Le mans. Because in many European country's the track is called Le Mans. well you should know that since you are from Spain. 24 stunden von Le Mans.....
No, the track is not called Le Mans, it's never called Le Mans, the annual 24hr EVENT held on the Le Sarth circuit is called Le Mans, the track isn't. Since you've driven there and have such a good knoledge of the track to claim GT4's version is a joke you should know that.

And sure, we can all go see your website :rolleyes:.

To drive the LeMans circuit, you must be in LeMans. Nobody drives LeMans. They drive the Circuit de la Sarthe.

The circuit is called the Circuit de la Sarthe, and is located in the city of Le Mans, France. Why do you think it's called the 24 Hours of Le Mans?

P.S. Dave, as said, Le Mans is the town which holds the event. ;)

So the track is called Sarthe; but the event is named after the town, not the track?

Why can't you drive your car on the track without actually being in the race? Just like you can go to a drag strip, or your local race track and drive your car on the track. Did it at Texas Motor Speedway.

EDIT: Okay, I see what you are saying up there, he was calling the track LeMans and saying he drove on it. However, if he did actually drive his car on the track, wouldnt he know what the real name of the track is?

But you still can't drive the whole Le Sarth circuit unless your in the Le Mans event because the whole track is never open to the public. You can drive around sections be it the public road sections and probably the Bugatti section at other times in the year, but the only time Le Sarth is even used and a complete loop is during the Le Mans 24hr event.

http://www.marco-werner.de/eng/home_e.htm
Its alright everybody I have found his website, this proves he really did drive Le Mans

Right in all seriousness, the reason we are all against you is because you made a very bold claim, which holds very little credibility, and then refuse to provide any evidence that your statement holds any ice and remain with your original stance instead of admitting that you lied, or you could try showing us this website you speak off, maybe that will provide some form of proof.

edit:sorry it was the wrong link first time

why should he have to prove it? who cares if he is lying anyway.

Because if he is intentionally lying then he is directly violating the AUP. Also it is annoying when people make stupid claims when they aren't true.

Because he made the claim, why should someone be allowed to post questionable information without ever being pulled up on it. Part of the terms everyone agreed to when they signed upto this site was to not post false information. So, why shouldn't he be pulled up on posting something questionable.

...........................my website is on my profile here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway to prove that's you?

Come on, you saw that coming.

But really, regardless of who you are and how much of what you say really is true, if your not willing to prove any of it then there's no point in you posting it in the first place.

Sheesh, I really must lack a life if I'm going to post this, but hey, truth hurts.

According to GTP, on May 22nd, you posted the following.. er... posts.
One
Two, and
Three

Yet, according to "your website", on May 22nd you completed a 2-day testing at Mid Ohio, meaning you should've been testing also on the 21st, when you made this post

said website
Mid Ohio - Colin completed a 2 day test today with Krohn Racing at Mid Ohio. Colin drove both the #75 and #76 Daytona Prototype over the 2 days and was well below his pole time from 2006. It was a good test for the team leading into the Watkins Glen weekend.

Thursday night after driving for 2 days Colin got on the team jet and went to Paris France for this weekends LeMans pre qualifying in the Risi/Krohn Ferrari 430. He will be flying home Monday in time to drive the Krohn Daytona Prototype at Watkins Glen starting June 7th.

At the end it says something about flying home on Monda to drive a race at Watkins Glen. Now, thelast time I checked, Watkins Glen wasn't in Texas, although stranger things have happened. Now, I don't know if testing is that easy, but I'm pretty positive it doesn't leave much time to ask inane questions at a website.

So ummm... care to admit you made it up, or do we need further proof?

Good digging diego, i would plus rep again, but i still need to spread it around.

If you really are this boy wonder race driver you surely have tons more proof to come.

I'll give you my patented benefit of the doubt™.
Is the track as bumpy as it looks on screen?

I'd love to drive there some day.

In 1993 I was cruising through France (going North) with my wife on my FJ1200 when I suddenly saw, in the middle of a long straight, a sign that said "Hippodrome des Hunaudiéres". A litle later I found a litle bar called "Le Tertre Rouge". I stopped and told my wife "We just made the Hunaudiéres straight, that is a part of the Le Mans circuit. But in the wrong direction. I must do this in the right one, and since I didn't see any "gendarmes" (french police) and there is almost no traffic now, I'm gonna get the bike to 200 km/h in this straight."

So I did just that. Foolish and dangerous, I know, but now I can claim here that I drove at Le Mans also. Besides, I've been claiming that since I registered to GTP, because that's what my nickname means :dopey:

PS - in my country we refer to the "Mulsanne Straight" as the "Hunaudiéres Straight", that's why the sign caught my attention ...

PPS - I have no proof of what I wrote, apart from some pictures of me and my wife at the door of the Tertre Rouge, but dn't ask, 'cause I'm not going to scan them :sly:

Originally Posted by waterpoloinc

just check this page and consider your post above.
http://www.tracc5.com/news.htm

Now you said you didn't race in the race, but of course you did because you have just come second in Le Mans 24 just yesterday???

Just reconsider, Are you really Colin Brawn??

Now lying about identity, thats fairly serious. Its bad enough lying about a track, now you are trying back it up by lying about being a professional race driver who just came second in his class at LE MANS???

I will say no more, and I imagine this thread is no more.

Plus rep to Diego for the archeology.

"Oh noes I've been told of on the internets!1!1!!!" will be the next stage.

In all fairness to waterpoloinc, GT4's version of Nurburgring & Le Mans probably are unrealistic compared to

the real thing... :boggled:

But then isn't every game, besides that GT4's are pretty damn good compared to other games. Hardly a "joke" as he called them. And if he really does consider them a joke then he should consider every track in GTR and GTR 2 a joke as well.

In all fairness to waterpoloinc, GT4's version of Nurburgring & Le Mans probably are unrealistic compared to

the real thing... :boggled:

In no fairness to waterpolonic, he has blatantly lied on two occasions

A) about driving tracks he hasn't driven, if he said he had driven parts of the circuit de la sarthe, I would still question him for the sake of validation.

B) He made the outrageous claim of being a professional race driver, and posted a website of a driver who isn't him.

C) The general tone of his first post was a moan and rant.

D) His moan and rant didn't deserve its own thread

E) His thread title is poor: What is wrong??????, this is ambiguous and doesn't tell us anything about what I am going to encounter in the first and subsequent posts.

So you can be banned if you are caught lying about being a race car driver and driving on the track at a video game website?

So you can be banned if you are caught lying about being a race car driver and driving on the track at a video game website?
In a word, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back