What should I do for more challenging races?

• Thread starter mazdaguy
  • 20 comments
Turkey
Turkey
Hello everyone, i want to ask something; even on the hardest settings, the AI's straight line speed drops after the 3rd or 4th lap, making the race quite easy. What should I do to have a more challenging race? Thank you.

Edit: thanks for all answers, sometimes the cars and tracks I like in daily races are not available, so I didn't play much, but I will try.

Last edited:
Drink 6 litres of water, and wait till it reaches your bladder before playing, rub some Tobasco in your eyes, and loosen the HDMi cable to the TV so it keeps intermittently dropping out.

Should work a treat.
Don't forget wearing nice, warm overalls...

I have recently started to use Custom Races as a way to change things up a bit, with the caveat being the races are mixed-class. I'll take a maxed out Gr4 car and race against an entire field of Gr3 cars to make it somewhat of a challenge. Make it a 66ft rolling start from the back with fuel and tire wear on at 5x, and a 10 lapper around Interlagos comes out to exactly 26.3 miles - just enough distance for the daily workout roulette ticket.

Hello everyone, i want to ask something; even on the hardest settings, the AI's straight line speed drops after the 3rd or 4th lap, making the race quite easy. What should I do to have a more challenging race? Thank you.
Are you talking seriously now ?
You don't know what to do to make your races " competitive" ?
And all races for you are quite easy ?

Join a lobby or Daily Race B / C. Unless you are an alien, you will soon find that lots of people are 5 seconds a lap faster than you.

Are you talking seriously now ?
You don't know what to do to make your races " competitive" ?
And all races for you are quite easy ?
I don't think this is unreasonable. If you're fairly good at racing games, GT7 is overwhelmingly very low in difficulty offline.
Coupled with custom races being rigged, it's not unlikely to be in a situation where you want the game to be harder. I'd love it if it was harder.

I have about 180 hours. I tried many things to increase the difficulty of the game, but I still could not solve the slowness of the AI's straight line speed. Maybe there is something I don't know.

I have about 180 hours. I tried many things to increase the difficulty of the game, but I still could not solve the slowness of the AI's straight line speed. Maybe there is something I don't know.

That's fair enough. The solution, for me at least, it's in your side of the puzzle.

That's why I listed things like: less powered cars, a less grippy tyre or power restricted cars.

Sadly, it is what it is on the IA side of the problem.

Edit: thanks for all answers, sometimes the cars and tracks I like in daily races are not available, so I didn't play much, but I will try.

All you need to get your personal driving experience is here...

even on the hardest settings, the AI's straight line speed drops after the 3rd or 4th lap, making the race quite easy. What should I do to have a more challenging race? Thank you.
Well what I did for a challenge was to do the WTC700 at LeMans with totally stock gr.4 cars, the only thing I added was the IM tyres, it was a challenge at times and I lost a few because of pit strategy.
You can do same with the other races of type like the 1 hour at Spa with strictly stock Gr.3 cars...

Last edited:
Somewhere between 85-95 on the power restrictor (track/car dependent) is a good solution to the AI being bugged to not use full throttle in Custom Races. I like to shorten my gears a bit, too, to improve corner-exit acceleration, which helps find/maintain slipstream to make passes into hard braking zones after long straights (otherwise they dust you).

Keep your custom races within 30min or so. Shorter the better. Rubberband starts to show off after too long, at which point there is no solving for the game wanting to hand you the win.

Drink 6 litres of water, and wait till it reaches your bladder before playing, rub some Tobasco in your eyes, and loosen the HDMi cable to the TV so it keeps intermittently dropping out.

Should work a treat.
Similarly you could try pouring a quarter of a bottle of tobasco sauce into your underwear immediately before hitting the start button.

Hardest races in the game for me are:

In no particular order:
  • Fuji Super-Formula race on Hard difficulty
  • Neo-Classic race at Willow Springs on Hard difficulty
  • Human Comedy Tsukuba race on Easy difficulty
  • Human Comedy Race at Lake Maggiore on Hard difficulty
  • X2019 Nations Cup race at Interlagos on Hard Difficulty

Back