Which $3.5-$4.5M car should I buy?

You can also buy R92C or bentley S8.....

That's simply not true. :yuck:
Care to go and visit your Nissan & Bentley dealers and let us know what the prices are to purchase those cars? ;)
You cannot buy either of these cars, they're both prizes, and thus not a suitable answer to a question about "buying" cars. :dopey:

That depends. Looking for A-Spec points? The black 787B should take 200 points in the Sarthe races, no problem. If you want to just blow away the field, take the Minolta Toyota, slap a Stage 4 Turbo on, and go.

However, the field for the Nurburgring enduro consists of mid-powered GT cars (i.e. the BMW M3 GTR Race Car), so anything with over 500 HP will easily clean up the field here.

Minolta for Sarthe? thanks man already got that lol. Too bad gotta go back to skewl tomorrow. O well ps2 for friday lol.

Yeah ia have the same problem i want to buy a pescarolo but are they worth buying they are pretty light and seem like they be good for endurance races.

Yeah ia have the same problem i want to buy a pescarolo but are they worth buying they are pretty light and seem like they be good for endurance races.

Even in the hands of a slower or less patient driver, given that I thrashed what's regarded as one of the fastest cars in the game (Sauber C9) by 13 laps in the Fuji 1000km race, the Pescarolo should be more than enough for many of the high-powered enduros (Sarthe 1 & 2, Fuji 1000km & Infineon World Sports Car) even if you face the Sauber C9, Nissan R92CP & Toyota 88C-V.

The Playstation Pescarolo on R1 tyres (I think, I'll have to check...) ran a fastest lap of under 1'12s on Fuji and was remarkably easy and evenly balanced on it's tyres.
I'd be willing to bet that you could run R3s at Sarthe and still only have to stop because you need to refuel every 9 laps, not because your tyres are worn!!!
They won't get you great A-spec points though if you're after that sort of thing...;)

Even in the hands of a slower or less patient driver, given that I thrashed what's regarded as one of the fastest cars in the game (Sauber C9) by 13 laps in the Fuji 1000km race, the Pescarolo should be more than enough for many of the high-powered enduros (Sarthe 1 & 2, Fuji 1000km & Infineon World Sports Car) even if you face the Sauber C9, Nissan R92CP & Toyota 88C-V.

The Playstation Pescarolo on R1 tyres (I think, I'll have to check...) ran a fastest lap of under 1'12s on Fuji and was remarkably easy and evenly balanced on it's tyres.
I'd be willing to bet that you could run R3s at Sarthe and still only have to stop because you need to refuel every 9 laps, not because your tyres are worn!!!
They won't get you great A-spec points though if you're after that sort of thing...;)

no iam not after the a-spec potin dont undertsnd why they are important and eyah i want the playstaion c60

no iam not after the a-spec potin dont undertsnd why they are important and eyah i want the playstaion c60

How ironic that someone called DaProfessor has made one of the least comprehensible and illiterate posts I've ever seen here! :rolleyes:

Engage brain before allowing your hands near keyboard please. ;)

If you really want to buy one, buy the Pescarolo.

If you B-spec the whole 24 hour race, buy a stage 3 turbo(or whatever the lowest option is, the newer cars can't keep up in accereration in b-spec), then get Racing Super Hards for the rear and Racing Hards up in front.

If you really want to buy one, buy the Pescarolo.

If you B-spec the whole 24 hour race, buy a stage 3 turbo(or whatever the lowest option is, the newer cars can't keep up in accereration in b-spec), then get Racing Super Hards for the rear and Racing Hards up in front.

But just wondering what would be a better car the bmw VMR or playstation pescarolo

I have driven both of these cars. The conclusion i have is this:

If you want straight line speed and something easy to drive, head for the bimmer. If you want something that's been all rounded and great endurance, head for the Pescarolo.

The more fitting question would be, which Pescarolo to buy?

I know the Playstation C60 is faster in the hands of both me and B-spec bob. But I've always liked the Courage C60 better, i don't know why.

I always think the Audi R8 is the best one to go for. If you are not planning on doing a 24hr race anytime soon, i strongly urge you to buy either this or a Group C car. The Minolta is definetly the fastest in the game bar the F1 car. The El Capitan endurance is really easy, so getting that car is the best thing to do, save the cash for the black cars. The Black cars come in handy, the 787b is the fastest among them, and the R390 is excellent for 200 point races that are more even.

I know the Playstation C60 is faster in the hands of both me and B-spec bob. But I've always liked the Courage C60 better, i don't know why.

I always think the Audi R8 is the best one to go for. If you are not planning on doing a 24hr race anytime soon, i strongly urge you to buy either this or a Group C car. The Minolta is definetly the fastest in the game bar the F1 car. The El Capitan endurance is really easy, so getting that car is the best thing to do, save the cash for the black cars. The Black cars come in handy, the 787b is the fastest among them, and the R390 is excellent for 200 point races that are more even.

Good point

If you want to buy a car buy either the R8 or the 787B, but if you don't have enough money to buy one buy a Dodge Viper and enter the El Capitan 200 miles race to get the Minolta 88C-V.

Go with the Toyota GT-1. I think its the best car, and the best for that money area. Besides the F1 car though.

I dis-agree. The 787B can not reach at to speed of above 240-250MPH like the GT-1 can.(Upgraded.) Even upgraded, the 787B is limited to about 220MPH.:irked: Same goes with the RN2CP. Upgraded or not it can still reach at top speed or more of 240MPH. That stupid R390 is a road car anyway. The GT-1 is the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dis-agree. The 787B can not reach at to speed of above 240-250MPH like the GT-1 can.(Upgraded.) Even upgraded, the 787B is limited to about 220MPH.:irked: Same goes with the RN2CP. Upgraded or not it can still reach at top speed or more of 240MPH. That stupid R390 is a road car anyway. The GT-1 is the best.

That's patently nonsense. Take a look in the Three Hundred Miles an hour thread in the Tuning & Settings subforum.
A Mazda 787B is at #156 on the leaderboard with a top speed of 332.51MPH.
A Nissan R92CP is at #32 on the leaderboard with a top speed of 354.20MPH.

The R390 GT1 exists as a road car in real life, although only 2 examples were ever produced to meet production requirements (one of which is still owned by Nissan), whereas 8 racing examples were built in total (3 for LeMans in 1997, and 4 for LeMans in 1998) before the program was terminated. (A 4:1 ratio)
In GT4, the car exists as the road car, the race car, and a black version of the race car. (Only a 2:1 ratio)

Last edited:
None. I know similar-performing cars. The Nissan Motul Pitwork Z with Stage 4 turbo works if you're good with 200-point races. The Suzuki GSX/R4, when fully tuned, works well if you can beat an R92CP with it (:bowdown: all hail the almighty GSX/R4!). You can go do the El Capitan endurance race and get the Toyota Minolta Race Car. All three of those are great cars. You can also try the black race cars.

Last edited:
None. Instead go buy a Nissan Motul Pitwork Z for 1.35 million and give it stage 4 turbo. Then you could race it in the El Capitan endurance (B-Specing 66 laps won't be hard) and you get the Toyota Minolta Race Car.

Captain Overkill strikes again. 👎 :yuck:
Save yourself from awful suggestions like this. :rolleyes:
If you're going to do the El Capitan 200 miles, do it for free.
Take the Lotus Esprit Turbo HC '87 prizecar from MR Challenge in the beginners hall, spend nothing on it at all, race it absolutely stock, in A-spec, and win 200 A-spec points, then get the Toyota Minolta 88C-V Race Car and feel like you've earned it. 👍
All without blowing 1.35 million Cr on a car and even more on an additional overkill turbo to have the PS2 race for you.
Only the truly talentless would contemplate this. 👎

Captain Overkill strikes again. 👎 :yuck:
Save yourself from awful suggestions like this. :rolleyes:
If you're going to do the El Capitan 200 miles, do it for free.
Take the Lotus Esprit Turbo HC '87 prizecar from MR Challenge in the beginners hall, spend nothing on it at all, race it absolutely stock, in A-spec, and win 200 A-spec points, then get the Toyota Minolta 88C-V Race Car and feel like you've earned it. 👍
All without blowing 1.35 million Cr on a car and even more on an additional overkill turbo to have the PS2 race for you.
Only the truly talentless would contemplate this. 👎

What he said.

Or, to feel even more like you earned it, test out some cars and find a high a-spec car that you love to drive, and make the win even more satisfying! For the record mine was a tuned 330i, have a test of some cars to find what you like.

I've see some people here say that the R92CP is faster then the R89C. I've recently done some testing. The R89C has acceleration from 0-400m 0.5 seconds faster then the R92CP. However the R92CP has higher top speed. Resuming: R89C- Better accel, lower top speed. R92CP- Slower accel, higher top speed.

Sorry to hijack the tread, but i've sold my Nissan R92 recently (normal version). Right now, i have the Black version. My question is, how do i get back the normal version? I can't seem to recall which race i did to win it.

Our Wiki answers all questions of that nature. However I'm feeling generous - Fuji 1000km Enduro.

^Correct.
You win the normal R92CP at the Fuki 1000km. I advise you go with a car on that race, which won't eat up it's tires...like the Mazda 787B, assuming you have it.

That's simply not true. :yuck:
Care to go and visit your Nissan & Bentley dealers and let us know what the prices are to purchase those cars? ;)
You cannot buy either of these cars, they're both prizes, and thus not a suitable answer to a question about "buying" cars. :dopey:

Smallhorses you can actually buy the R92CP. Can't buy the Bentley, but the Nissan R92CP is offered in the cool black color in Used Car Showroom 1 every 694-700 days available to buy for 1.25 million, in addition to the regular colored one won for winning Fiji 1000k. Haven't you heard of the secret black race cars?

Black Race Car info:
Nissan R390 GT1 and Toyota GT-One: Offered in Used Car Showroom 2 every 694-700 days for 3 million
Nissan R92CP and Mazda 787B: Offered in Used Car Showroom 1 on the same day cycle as the other two for 1.25 million

The R92CP is probably the best.

You could also try the Escudo. Man, does that car fly! All it needs is a bit of suspension and brake tuning, cause the stock suspension give too much understeer, and the brakes, while good, could be better. Still, the old GT2 king, while dethroned by the FGT, is awesome.

Last edited:
Smallhorses you can actually buy the R92CP. Can't buy the Bentley, but the Nissan R92CP is offered in the cool black color in Used Car Showroom 1 every 694-700 days available to buy for 1.25 million, in addition to the regular colored one won for winning Fiji 1000k. Haven't you heard of the secret black race cars?

Black Race Car info:
Nissan R390 GT1 and Toyota GT-One: Offered in Used Car Showroom 2 every 694-700 days for 3 million
Nissan R92CP and Mazda 787B: Offered in Used Car Showroom 1 on the same day cycle as the other two for 1.25 million

The R92CP is probably the best.

Let's see. Have I heard of the black cars?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2747137&postcount=109
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=93833
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3233081#post3233081
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3643217#post3643217

Hmmm, it would seem so. :mischievous:
Welcome to the :gtplanet: party and all, I'd offer you a drink, but you're 4 years late and it all seems to have gone! ;)

Oh, and regarding my question, I'd actually answered it myself, 4 years ago:
Take a look at post 29 in this very thread. :sly:

Good comments George Morley, but the thread title asks which $3.5 - $4.5 Million car he should buy.

It's not possible to buy any of the cars you mentioned, except the Audi R8.
(Well, technically you can buy the Nissan R92CP, used in black, once every 693 days for 7 days before it disappears, but you can't buy the one with the racing livery.) ;)
It's pointless buying the Audi as you'll eventually win one for Sarthe I 24hr Endurance race, and therefore a waste of money. :dopey:
I'd opt for buying a Pescarolo, Mazda 787B or Toyota GT-One as Pink_the_Floyd suggests since you can't actually win these anywhere, if you want them you have to buy them. :)

So if you'd therefore care to answer the intial question I posed 3 years ago, "what is the price of a new Nissan R92CP at the Nissan Dealer?"
Yup. It's -----Cr.
Thus you can't easily run out and buy one, unless you happen to be in the right used car dealer within the 7 days that come about every 1.9 game years.

Oh, and the islands of Fiji don't figure in GT4, though you'll find there is a racetrack in Japan close to Mt. Fuji which hosted a 1000km race in the mid '80s and once in the late '90s.

Honestly it really does pay to read these forums before chipping in with your uninformed 2 cents.
twocents.gif

Telling us stuff we already knew in October 2006 is a little redundant. 👎
What's that? You've invented the wheel? Well done! 👍

This is my own discovery!
You wanna buy a 3,5m-4,5m$ car? Don't bother!
Go to the Used Car Lot and buy a Fiat 500. That will own the competition. ;)
:lol:

^Correct.
You win the normal R92CP at the Fuki 1000km. I advise you go with a car on that race, which won't eat up it's tires...like the Mazda 787B, assuming you have it.

Our Wiki answers all questions of that nature. However I'm feeling generous - Fuji 1000km Enduro.

Thanks a lot mate. Yeap, i have the Black 787B Mazda, perhaps the best LMP car in the game. Thanks again!

Latest Posts

Back