Who else has the Home Beta & GT5P?

• Thread starter TheMoose
  • 86 comments
Here's a picture of me partying with JASE72 and Scooby. :lol: I believe this is the first GTP party in Home. :P

3066656920_1b36db1f10.jpg

I've been in the beta for quite some time now, haven't really tested it much tough, it's laggy has heck and getting anywhere takes ages and tons of LOADAN...it reminds me of my old MSX at times.

HOME and GT5P notes:

you can not lanuch any game except Warhawk. Can't create any games execpt for WHawk.

If you start HOME with your Japan account and you have the Jpn version of GT5P you can start the game from the GT5 driving stations in in the TGS2008 room - but its just the normal game without any special private room features, etc.

You can create clubs but in these beta versions all I can do is build an entry room, fill it with chairs and tables or join exsisting clubs. There is a pretty cool club called GT5P TEAM 2ch, someone has populated it with lots of furniture and 5 arcade game consoles (that can't be played without special codes). They posted notes on the BB pointing to their forum and some races they got together for I guess.

Right now all you can do is walk around in HOME, create differnet avitors, bowl, shoot pool, play some arcade console games, play chess, watch movie and game clips, listen to music or "dance" to the music, and walk around some more.

But I have seen room mockups were we will be able to assemble and launch private games - I saw Warhawk, I can only hope that a similar "room" will be built for GT5.

I've only received my invite a week ago so don't know all the ropes but it looks cool, voice chat works seemlessly, and to growth and game inaction possiblities seem immemse.

There are four HOME sites (England, Korean, US and Japan). US and K are the same layouts but the other two are completely different locals - neat, I hope we'll be able to freely nav them all - aah the laungage barrier!

GTP Squareloop

I've been in the Beta for about a week and am just trying to avoid getting harassed XD. But it seems alright, but kind of dull once you get over the fact it's shiny and new.

does the home store open today, i heard that this week they are gonna open new stuff from the fifth of December until full release on Dec seventeenth...

C.D
I've been in the beta for quite some time now, haven't really tested it much tough, it's laggy has heck and getting anywhere takes ages and tons of LOADAN...it reminds me of my old MSX at times.
Hmm, it's not laggy for me at all and usually i'm the one complaining about bad internet ?
does the home store open today, i heard that this week they are gonna open new stuff from the fifth of December until full release on Dec seventeenth...

Yes, STORES ARE OPEN ! :)

Yay, was wondering why it wouldnt connect lastnight, must have been updating the server.

All clubs have been reset as of today. Now is the time to start an official GTPlanet Home club. I really dont care to be responsible for that so who wants to step up?

All clubs have been reset as of today. Now is the time to start an official GTPlanet Home club. I really dont care to be responsible for that so who wants to step up?

How do you know that, the servers are still offline. After they have reset the clubs it will cost money to set up a new one.

I'm in the home beta and the admin there told everyone that it will happen. Clubhouses will be a one time fee of 4.99 and the central plaza should also have an updated look and the listen@home will have lots of new songs and there will be a couple of new stores in the mall. thats it I think...

oh yeah, and farcry 2 and uncharted home spaces will come back. I'm hoping we will get the Red Bull space in the US too but it may be just in Europe.

Hi everyone,

Yes, the big day is finally upon us...after 2+ years in the planning, Open Beta is happening tomorrow! If you already have access to Home, which most of you do, you won't have to re-download it, but you will be prompted to download an update for the new version when you click on Home tomorrow.

Home will only be down for a brief two-hour window tonight, from 2am - 4am Pacific (5am - 7am Eastern). Once it's back online we will be running version 1.03 and all those with the current version will be offered a patch. The patch simply supports the server changes being made to support Open Beta.

Some *important* things to be aware of:

-from Open beta onwards the age limit for Home within SCEA will change from 18+ to 13+, so it will be even more important to keep your language clean

-there will be a brand-spankin' new, redesigned Central Plaza with a new game called "Saucer Pop"

-there will be a bunch of new songs to choose from in Listen@Home

-Clubhouses created during version 1.0 will go away, but you can re-create them and they will stay post-Open Beta. Clubhouses will now be available for purchase for a one-time fee of $4.99, but they are yours for as long as you want them.

-Uncharted and Far Cry 2 spaces will be back

-the Closed Beta forums will be taken down (content will be archived for Home staff and moderators for reference) and the PlayStation Home forum will now be the only forum for everyone. Now you will be one big happy Home family! You can find that here:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board?board.id=ps3hom
e

-there will be some new Mall items, but there will be MANY more new virtual items coming next week, so sit tight for that

-Home will be available to everyone who has a PlayStation®Store

As we said in the PlayStation.com Blog, Home Open Beta is the start of a long journey. Home will continue to evolve in exciting ways over the years to come. We want to thank you for your excellent feedback and dedication to Home as closed beta testers. You have played a big part in the development of Home and helped us get to this point. Thank you! Enjoy your new Home!

~CydoniaX and Locust_Star

I tried several times for the past week but apparently there was too much traffic to be allowed in. Last night, however, I was granted access for the first time. I looked around in my girlie outfit :) but couldn't find what I was looking for - the gaming room where you can find the Prologue pods. Any hints?

If one of the 35 spots is still available I'd like to apply for one of them đź‘Ť

Have checked out Home and most of the functionality is missing so far it seems. Appears the options all are talking about should be coming.
Would like to join or start a club for Drivers looking to compete in clean races.
A place where Drivers respect each other and give room when appropriate.
I also think it would be cool to get together and just drive instead of race occasionally. A group of guys driving the scenic mountain track practicing drifting or just driving for sport instead of Race. Hell, we could even play tag with exotic cars. Just having a good time in General.
Oh yeah, I also think it would be a blast to have an event, or should I say a party where we drink a few brews in Home at the club house then go attempt to drive or race for a while. See what kind of carnage ensues then go back to the club house to talk about it, drink some more then back to driving again while watching our lap times increase.
Anyone interested can post reply. If there is enough interest posted here, we can move on from there.

You can count me in on this.

I will be starting a new thread to gauge interest in a Gran Turismo club on Home. "American Gran Turismo club on home." will be the title. All future discussion on this topic will continue there. See you there and feel free to contribute to the discussion as the structure and context of the club will be open for ideas.

Back