Will GT7 get Ps5 Pro Update ??

Will polyphony digital Update Gt7 for PS5 Pro ?

• Yes,

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • Yes, and it will really benefit from the extra features

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Mabe

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • No,

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • No, they will only integrated with the next Gran Turismo title

Votes: 8 12.1%

• Total voters
Tune into the PlayStation YouTube channel tomorrow for the expected "announcement" on the specs of the Pro.

11am ET/10am CT/9am MT/8am PT. Other timezones don't count :D

Last edited:
GT7 Spec 3
A Spec
B Spec
C Spec
Sophy 3.0 and on more tracks
Bigger game file ?
Customized dashboard?
Bigger car rosters, few more old timely track location

Dec 2024

Edit during the live stream:
PS5 Pro is almost double the power from PS Fidelity resolution
GPU is 45% bigger/better/faster rendering speed for sharper and smoother resolutions
Ai driven upscaling
Ray tracing
SSD management for better transitions

PS5 Pro confirmed $700 Nov 7th
GT7 shown, but without details...

Short video, about 10min barely

Last edited:
From the PS5 Pro announcement they showed full ray tracing in race mode at 60 fps for GT7. Beyond that the focus was on fidelity and smoothness improvements for the general console. There was no mention of how this might improve PSVR2 which was disappointing. $699, launches November 7.

Now to see what PD brings to the table...

Last edited:
Happily sticking to my regular PS5... I doubt GT7 will bring any substantial for the PS5 other than the better graphics on TV.

PS5 Pro for people who haven't made the jump to the PS5, and been holding out or just coming to age, or can finally justify the steep price...

IGN saying Sony is moving the goal posts in the wrong directions. IGN is making some good points.

Edit: PD and Kaz probably don't have the resources right now to throw a whole bunch of stuff for the PS5 Pro, and by doing so, he would alienates a portion of the population still stuck on the PS4 Pro. Therefore it makes sense that PD and Kaz are not fully jumping on the PS5 bandwagon...

They will continue with the status quo and probably slowly working towards GT8 for PS5 in 2028....

That would be my educated guess at this point.

Last edited:
I answered no and am sticking to no. For just a 45% increase in GPU the extra $300 seems a lot!
And people wonder why devs keep trying to slide in microtransactions. Games come off as hella frivolous with their money.

Having seen that PS5 pro has no disc drive, no included vertical stand, AI upscaling (so... potential spyware) and a price point of £699.99 you get... side panel reflections... seems a tad wayward of the mark does that

AI upscaling (so... potential spyware)
giphy.webp

CNET are saying the GT7 Pro update has an 8K (without RT) version in addition to the 4k+RT mentioned in the official Sony presentation. For the approximately 2 of you that have 8K TVs.

"Gran Turismo 7 was maybe the most stunning demo of all, because it added two new modes. 8K gameplay on an 80-inch screen made me wonder how this could be used for sim racing setups with massive displays. Ray tracing, finally added into GT7's gameplay in another 4K mode, made crowded races with cars feel even more real. I was so hypnotized by looking at car finishes that I kept crashing."

This is pretty important from the CNET article.

An AI-assisted upscaling mode, called PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution, works across the whole game library without any needed patch, adding in details to upscale to 4K. I didn't see this demonstrated, but the feature should help enhance older games if you have a 4K TV. It'll also work on PSVR 2 games in the future, too, Cerny said.

so GT7 will have 2 extra Pro modes - 8K res mode and 4K60 with Raytracing fully enabled during gameplay

Last edited:
It’s mentioned future games won’t concentrate so much on graphics. We know PD pride the GT franchise on graphics. Could we now start to get more than twenty cars on track in GT7 or do we have to wait for the next game? We had six cars for four main title games. Sixteen cars for two main title games and now twenty cars for two main title games.

Never heard of "Scientific Revenue" they pitched the Legendary exploitative "turning players into payers" line. You think AI will just be for upscaling? I don't, I expect "tailored user experience " essentially trying to vary prices and encourage live purchasing. Be it full games, DLC, Microtransactions, etc
Of course they will. But none of that has anything to do with the latest AI "boom". Dynamic pricing has existed for centuries.

Of course they will. But none of that has anything to do with the latest AI "boom". Dynamic pricing has existed for centuries.

We shall see, AI has already been abused by allegedly stealing copyrighted works to be trained, I don't doubt it can be abused to push dynamic pricing beyond what we already know

Back