Winter Stars Tuning Garage-Requests/tuners/testers welcome!

Haha ... sneaky sneaky ... 👍

It is what I did with Hanna, too. :) I'm also running Molly this weekend, in a drift comp, before I post up that tune. If I win, it brings more credibility to the garage. If I lose, it's because I'm a 🤬 drifter, compared to the other guys, and doesn't come down to the car.

I already have a setup for my Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI but i want to try out a new setup to see if its better and to see the differences between the two setups. Have any current setups for it?

Sure! ;) You'd be a great fit to the Garage. I know that it would help both of us.

Also, new project updates soon! Expect some grip- and rally-tuned cars up soon.

Awesome! I'm sure its gonna be a lot of fun. Just PM me with whats going on and what you want me to test and I'll get on it. 👍

I already have a setup for my Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI but i want to try out a new setup to see if its better and to see the differences between the two setups. Have any current setups for it?

I could work on one. I have a long list of cars to tune.

I'm adding Molly later today. My Touge tunes are far from done. The rally/grip tunes are up next. The Skyline R32 TC will be up soon too.

Just tested it on wheel on DF Raceway
It's abit better now but to much oversteer now....

Alright. I'll have another look at the non-aero tune, after I get some sleep. I've been up too late, already, helping to organize the World Motorsports Association thread.

I know. I don't condone of illegal street racing, or any illegal street racing depictions. However, the Wangan is just a bunch of people who drive the Shinkanjo Highway in Tokyo @ 300 + km/h, showing off 1500 hp R34s etc. It's saddening.

I know. I don't condone of illegal street racing, or any illegal street racing depictions. However, the Wangan is just a bunch of people who drive the Shinkanjo Highway in Tokyo @ 300 + km/h, showing off 1500 hp R34s etc. It's saddening.

Sounds like kind of activity associated with Route 7. Like you, not my cup of tea lol

New tunes coming today! I've also gotten a huge collection of replays, which I'd like to splice up and mix to some music. :) My two favourite things: driving, and music, coming together. Oh, it's beautiful!

New tune #1:

This one's for my teammate in the W.M.A. Bankfin Touring Car Championship.

Lexus IS-200 GT1 Race Car Bankfin Edition

images

Specs:

Chassis:

Aerodynamics:

Front: 20
Rear:50

Ballast:

Amount: 90 kg
Position: +50

Engine:

Power limiter:

96.3%

Transmission:

[default]

Top Speed:

270 km/h OR 167.77 mp/h

Differential:

Adjustable LSD

Initial Torque: 5

Acceleration Sensitivity: 20

Braking Sensitivity:10

Suspension:

Ride Height:

Front: -25

Rear: -25

Spring Rate:

Front: 11.3

Rear: 9.4

Dampers:

Extension:

Front: 6

Rear: 4

Compression:

Front: 3

Rear: 2

Anti-Roll bars:

Front: 1

Rear: 1

Camber:

Front: -0.5

Rear: -0.5

Toe:

Front: 0.00

Rear: -0.20

Brakes:

Braking Sensitivity:

Front: 4 (double values during qualifying if using ABS)

Rear: 3 (Double values during qualifying if using ABS)

I reserve the right to change this tuning setup, without notice, as a result of its current competition use.

Works best with DS3 online.​

Last edited:
New tune #1:

This one's for my teammate in the W.M.A. Bankfin Touring Car Championship.

Lexus IS-200 GT1 Race Car Bankfin Edition

etc...

Few suggestions:

1. Tighten up the presentation of the tune it takes up far too much space and it doesn't flow. I know some guys take screen shots of entire tunes with their phones and then copy from the phone to the PS3. Can't do this with this layout and on top of that it just doesn't look professional. There are a couple of tuning templates floating around or you can ask one of the other tuning garages if you can use their's or their layout, I'm sure they'd be glad to help. When a tuning garage makes a lot of effort in it's presentation, you can usually rest assured just as much effort went into the tuning of the car. When the presentation looks amateurish...

2. You are missing a lot of relevant information in the tune. What, if any performance upgrades on the car? Chassis reinforcement or no? What is the final weight and hp output of the car? Weight distribution? What tires are used in the series it's tuned for and just as important, what tires is the tune generally suited for (should be tested by the tuner)? Chassis refresh? Oil change? How many miles/km's on the odometer...etc. etc. etc. I know a link is provided that might supply some of that information, but a tune should be able to stand on it's own, without reference to another thread.

3. Transmission tuning is a big part of tuning on many cars. This one is stock. If it's a rolling start series it's tuned for, the transmission will benefit from gearing set up for a rolling start (lower gears>>>>taller) and if it's a standing start series, 1st gear needs to be tuned to maximize launch and the rest of the transmission tuned around that. Most people would consider a tune without the tranmission adjusted, including myself, incomplete. Just going on memory so I could be wrong, but I seem to recall this car has a really peaky power curve around the redline and if so, it'll greatly benefit from as close gear ratios as are possible. A rolling start provides the opportunity for a really tight set of gears, maximizing power delivery to the rear wheels.

Also, even if it's tuned for a rolling start series, most races on GT5 are not rolling starts, so a very thorough tune would include a standing start transmission tune, along with a rolling start transmission tune.

4. Even if it's mentioned in the OP, it should also be mentioned in each and every tune post, whether it was tuned online or offline, and what your hardware was (DS3, DFGT, G27 etc.) Some people will be going directly to this link from Adrenaline's thread and won't read the OP.

Very helpful suggestions...

I know. I put much more info in my other posts. The fact that I'm only getting around to this, now, is a testament to how busy I've been, during the past week. Notice, even now, I'm slowly updating the Bankfin tune. The main purpose of that post, was to help Nizmo out with the tune. He said that he's not using it, but noticed one thing that helped straighten out his tune. While I won't say that we're winning the series, as it's not started, I feel fully confident in it.

Regardless, now that I (finally) have time to update the tune/post to something more professional-looking, I will. Over the past week, though, with little bits, here and there, of W.M.A., I've been focusing on the W.M.A., as it's a very big venture, with big reward and big fun.

I promise you, though, that I update all of my tunes often, when I have time, and ensure that it all looks professional and is accurate.

I thank you for your concern, and giving me your advice and help. I'm updating it now, and have been quite busy, since you last posted that.

As for your mention, of Adrenaline's thread, I don't think that Adrenaline even knows that this Garage exists. Or, at least, I think that he didn't know, until I just posted on his thread.

A simple tune for World Classic Car Challenge:

Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (KPGC110) '73

33.8 km. (currently)

182 hp
1170 kg
386 pp

NO PARTS EXCEPT:

Chassis:

+25 kg ballast @ +50 position

Engine:

ECU Tuning

Power Limiter: 99.2% (reduce % as necessary, please, to keep it at 386 pp)

Intake:

Sports Intake Manifold

Racing Air Filter

Exhaust:

Sports Exhaust Manifold

Transmission:

Fully Customized Transmission (stock ratios etc. DO NOT CHANGE THIS PLEASE)

Suspension:

Fully Customized [Suspension] kit:

Ride height: -10/-10

Spring Rate: F: 4.6 R: 6.6

Dampers: Extension: F: 4 R: 6

Dampers: Compression: F: 2 R: 3

Roll bars: F: 3 R: 4

Camber: F: -1.0 R: -1.0

Toe: F: 0.00 R: 0.15

Tires:

Comfort Softs

Car is standard model. Car is tuned with DS3. Tune will slightly change, as it's broken in. Car is up-for-share on my profile, for testers to test. Car was tested OFFLINE at Eiger Nordwand Short Track, as per regulations for the World Classic Car Challenge. I believe that this car fits all restrictions, and will gladly change it, if it does NOT fit the regulations of the World Classic Car Challenge. If it does not fit the regulations of the World Classic Car Challenge, please notify me, and I will rectify the problem. Finally, I'm sorry if something in this paragraph is not clear, English is a second (or third, or fourth) language, as I generally speak German, French or Spanish, and not often English.

Back